ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Universal credit - wife on FLR FP visa10 year route

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shan101

Post by shan101 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi every one.
I am on ILR and my 3 years old is British. My wife recently received FLRP 10 years route visa. The approval letter she received saying "you are not entitled to receive public funds including your partner can not receove public funds on your behalf".
What does it mean?
can we still apply for universal credit?
if we get public funds , will it affect her visa extension in future. Thanks
,How can people find the time to hate while life is too short to love,

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:30 pm

shan101 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:36 pm
Hi every one.
I am on ILR and my 3 years old is British. My wife recently received FLRP 10 years route visa. The approval letter she received saying "you are not entitled to receive public funds including your partner can not receove public funds on your behalf".
What does it mean?
can we still apply for universal credit?
if we get public funds , will it affect her visa extension in future. Thanks
It means that you cannot take extra benefits for your wife anymore. Universal credit is nothing like the welfare payments it replaces. Under these Welfare Reforms there is no extra benefit money for your wife through your benefit claim and both parents are now expected to work. Her earnings will also be used to calultate the amount you are given under Universal Credit even though she cannot have public funds.

You are expected to earn at least 35 hours a week at the hourly minimum wage (which rises every year). 35 x £8.21 = £267.35 per week.

With a child age 3, your wife will be expected to earn 16 hours a week at the hourly minimum wage. 16 x £8.21 = £131.36 per week.

35 + 16 = 51 hours a week bewtween you at £8.21 = £418.71 per week between you.
£21,772.92 per year.
£1,814.41 per month between you, Universal Credit is a monthly benefit.

The wages your wife will be expected to earn each week, will increase as your child gets older. Or you can earn her required earnings for her, as well as your own.
https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/you ... sibilities