ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC) applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lostrefugee
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: BRP(RC) applications

Post by Lostrefugee » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:41 pm

Hello Everyone,

Can someone tell me what is the timeline for BRP (RC) for refugee Leave to remain?.

I lost my wallet in london underground/DLR on 23 December. My BRP was inside that

Reported to Home office Online: 24 December
Sent documents on same day
Home office received documents on 27 December
Bi0-metric letter received on : 04 January
Biometric given at post office on : 07 January
-----Waiting----
I am very much concerned since i got my BRP days before i lost and i have to register with many departments and original BRP is must....
Can some one help me?? What should i do,

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:15 pm

bathanza wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:27 pm
bathanza wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:23 pm
Timeline for BRP (RC) for LTR Lost BRP for my spouse (Royal Mail lost it!!)

Online Application: 10/11/2018
UKVCAS Appointment (London Premium Lounge): 14/11/2018
Decision Letter: Waiting
BRP: Waiting
Apologies posted incorrect timeline
.this all happened in December

Online Application: 10/12/2018
UKVCAS Appointment (London Premium Lounge): 14/12/2018
Decision Letter: Waiting
BRP: Waiting

Online Application: 10/12/2018
UKVCAS Appointment (London Premium Lounge): 14/12/2018
Decision Letter: 16/01/19 - approved. But dated 20th December!! Submitted missing BRP and got email on 18th that BRP will be delivered same day.
BRP: 18/01/19 - DX came 7.30pm despite HO email stating delivery is only til 6pm.

What a polava. Never posting the BRP to anyone ever again.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Hamza141
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

BRP(RC) applications

Post by Hamza141 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Hello everyone
I hope you are all well.
I was granted FLRM Back in November 2018 and in January 2019 I lost my Walter with BRP spouse visa (limited leave to remain) and I have applied for a replacement (BRP RC).
I used this new service of uk visa and citizenship service via Sopra Steria.
I applied for BRP RC via Gov.uk which took a replacement fee of £50 something and then asked me to book and appointment with Sopra Steria for biometrics and submission of any documented eveidence. I had to pay £70 or something like that to Sopra Steria too.
On 17 January I went to Library in Hertfordshire and had my biometrics taken and home office only asked for a proof of address with picture on, in order to process the request. which I provided by giving my driving license. Sopra Steria scanned it and uploaded it.
My question is that it has been almost 4 weeks and I haven’t heard anything back from home office. I know the processing time is 8 weeks but I am worried as my experience at library wasn’t very pleasant. The appointed person by Sopra Steria was busy on his phone all this time talking to someone in a foreign language and he didn’t even acknowledged me there. The library volunteer who was about over 70 years old, with very limited computer literacy had to complete that application with me. I don’t blame library staff as they don’t get paid for it and they did best to help me out.
The library staff confirmed, that it’s her very first time on this online portal. Sadly there was no one to train her. So me and her navigated through that portal to submit that application.
I am anxious if the application was processed or not. As the volunteer in library said upon completion that it says that the applicant should get an email and I haven’t recieved any email from home office or Sopra Steria.
I tried calling Sopra Steria helpline who refuesed to conifrm anything and said I should talk to home office.
I also called home office and the person on phone said that we do not have any access to applications on here and I should wait for 8 weeks to find out what’s going on.
I have a holiday booked to attend wedding in family and I am worried that what If the application hasn’t even been submitted. Last time when I applied for FLR-M the home office lost my all original documents. Our passports , marriage certificates , birth certificates ,tenancy agreement etc
I was also turned down an employment offer after a successful interview as the employer said that they could have checked my work right if I didn’t have BRP. But without passport and BRP they won’t risk it. They couldn’t hold the vacancy to wait for my passport renewal.
I am just so worried and anxious at the moment. As I have got my passports and other documents renewed but if BRP isn’t replaced on time. I would miss wedding in my family.
Please help if anyone have had similar experience or have used sopra Steria for BRP RC. Or know how long it may take or anyone to contact to get immidate update.
Your help will be much apoericiated.
Hamza

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:46 am

Hamza141 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:26 pm
Hello everyone
I hope you are all well.
I was granted FLRM Back in November 2018 and in January 2019 I lost my Walter with BRP spouse visa (limited leave to remain) and I have applied for a replacement (BRP RC).
I used this new service of uk visa and citizenship service via Sopra Steria.
I applied for BRP RC via Gov.uk which took a replacement fee of £50 something and then asked me to book and appointment with Sopra Steria for biometrics and submission of any documented eveidence. I had to pay £70 or something like that to Sopra Steria too.
On 17 January I went to Library in Hertfordshire and had my biometrics taken and home office only asked for a proof of address with picture on, in order to process the request. which I provided by giving my driving license. Sopra Steria scanned it and uploaded it.
My question is that it has been almost 4 weeks and I haven’t heard anything back from home office. I know the processing time is 8 weeks but I am worried as my experience at library wasn’t very pleasant. The appointed person by Sopra Steria was busy on his phone all this time talking to someone in a foreign language and he didn’t even acknowledged me there. The library volunteer who was about over 70 years old, with very limited computer literacy had to complete that application with me. I don’t blame library staff as they don’t get paid for it and they did best to help me out.
The library staff confirmed, that it’s her very first time on this online portal. Sadly there was no one to train her. So me and her navigated through that portal to submit that application.
I am anxious if the application was processed or not. As the volunteer in library said upon completion that it says that the applicant should get an email and I haven’t recieved any email from home office or Sopra Steria.
I tried calling Sopra Steria helpline who refuesed to conifrm anything and said I should talk to home office.
I also called home office and the person on phone said that we do not have any access to applications on here and I should wait for 8 weeks to find out what’s going on.
I have a holiday booked to attend wedding in family and I am worried that what If the application hasn’t even been submitted. Last time when I applied for FLR-M the home office lost my all original documents. Our passports , marriage certificates , birth certificates ,tenancy agreement etc
I was also turned down an employment offer after a successful interview as the employer said that they could have checked my work right if I didn’t have BRP. But without passport and BRP they won’t risk it. They couldn’t hold the vacancy to wait for my passport renewal.
I am just so worried and anxious at the moment. As I have got my passports and other documents renewed but if BRP isn’t replaced on time. I would miss wedding in my family.
Please help if anyone have had similar experience or have used sopra Steria for BRP RC. Or know how long it may take or anyone to contact to get immidate update.
Your help will be much apoericiated.
Hamza
Their SLA is within 8 weeks..some people do get their approval letters earlier.. it took around 5 weeks including the busy Xmas period so you should get it soon. If your application wasn't submitted you would have got a reminder email from the home office to submit documentations via Sopra

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

fwu811
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by fwu811 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi,

Is there anyone recently applied BRP (RC) ILR?

My son has ILR but his BRP is expiring soon. We submitted his BRP (RC) ILR application by post 4 weeks ago but so far have not received any confirmation email let alone a biometric enrollment letter.

I can see from this thread that the enrollment letter can usually be received in 2 weeks so is this normal in these days?

Many thanks.

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:14 pm

I made online applications to renew my children BRP(RC) ILR's more than 8 weeks ago and sent all the documents by post. We are still waiting for the Biometric enrolment letters.

I emailed the homeoffice and got a confirmation of the receipt of the documents and waiting for them to get back to us regarding BRP enrolment letters.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:18 pm

shivuk wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:14 pm
I made online applications to renew my children BRP(RC) ILR's more than 8 weeks ago and sent all the documents by post. We are still waiting for the Biometric enrolment letters.

I emailed the homeoffice and got a confirmation of the receipt of the documents and waiting for them to get back to us regarding BRP enrolment letters.
Did you not get the option to download the biometric letter at the end of the online process??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fwu811
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by fwu811 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:46 am

shivuk wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi Shivuk,

Many thanks for sharing your BRP (RC) experience. It has been almost 2 months since we posted our documents, and no any enrollment letter received so far.

Could you also share the email address that you have sent your query?

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:54 am

I called the home office customerservice and they asked me to send email to:

AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Please use this email and send information about your application including Royal mail tracking number.

I made a call this morning and was told that it could take 6 - 8 weeks to receive the BRP enrolment letters!!!

I will let you know if I get any update

fwu811
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by fwu811 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:19 pm

shivuk wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:54 am
I called the home office customerservice and they asked me to send email to:

AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Please use this email and send information about your application including Royal mail tracking number.

I made a call this morning and was told that it could take 6 - 8 weeks to receive the BRP enrolment letters!!!

I will let you know if I get any update
Many thanks shivuk for the update.

I will send an enquiry to this email address and let you know if I have received any update.

Friends renewed BRP ILR for their kids last year and received new ones within 3 months, which was much quicker than these days now.

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:25 am

Hi fwwu811,

I have received the enrolment letter today - two months after posting documents.

I am sure that your ones will come soon.

fwu811
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by fwu811 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:41 am

shivuk wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:25 am
Hi fwwu811,

I have received the enrolment letter today - two months after posting documents.

Hi shivuk,

Following your advice I sent an email to them and then got a reply saying the letter was posted yesterday, so figure crossed.

It has already been 8 weeks since I posted my documents, and I don't know how long we will have to wait for the BRP once the enrollment is done.

fwu811
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by fwu811 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:04 am

fwu811 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:41 am
shivuk wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:25 am
Hi fwwu811,

Hi shivuk,

Following your advice I sent an email to them and then got a reply saying the letter was posted yesterday, so figure crossed.

It has already been 8 weeks since I posted my documents, and I don't know how long we will have to wait for the BRP once the enrollment is done.
Hi shivuk,

I finally received the renewed ILR BRP this morning dated back on 20/05. So it is one month after the biometric information was taken, and the total processing time is almost 3months.

I also believe you have received your new card.

Thank you.

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Wed May 22, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi fwwu811,

Happy to hear that you received the BRP.

We have received all three BRPs deliverd this morning. But we received the passport and documents of my son only and are waiting for the passports and documents of other two children. Hope they will come soon.

fwu811
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by fwu811 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:30 pm

shivuk wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:45 pm
Hi fwwu811,

Happy to hear that you received the BRP.

We have received all three BRPs deliverd this morning. But we received the passport and documents of my son only and are waiting for the passports and documents of other two children. Hope they will come soon.
Hi shivuk,

Just wanted to check with you on returning the passport/documents: were they delivered by Royal Mail or other company? So far we have not received them, so would like to find out the reason.

Thanks,

totoromeow
Newly Registered
China

Post by totoromeow » Thu May 23, 2019 2:19 pm

My wallet was recently stolen in the Covent Garden area in London and as a result I lost my BRP. Because of urgent travel needs, I applied the super priority service. Here is my timeline:

Application submitted: Saturday 18/05/19
Biometric appointment: Tuesday 21/05/19 8am London premium lounge
Application approved: Tuesday 21/05/19 3pm via e-mail
BRP: waiting
Decision letter: waiting

I'm waiting to receive my replacement BRP now. Not sure if they would e-mail me when it's sent out, so I have been calling DX courier every morning to see if they have anything for my address. So far, nothing...... I have seen from other posts that people received their BRP cards two days after the decision e-mail, so slightly anxious about it. I had weekend travel plans for this bank holiday weekend, but doesn't look like the card would arrive in time.

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Thu May 23, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi fwwu811,

They were delivered by Royal mail 2nd class signed for post. We received the other two today. I am sure your one is on the way.

fwu811
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by fwu811 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:10 pm

shivuk wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:48 pm
Hi fwwu811,

They were delivered by Royal mail 2nd class signed for post. We received the other two today. I am sure your one is on the way.
Hi shivuk,

I received the passports/documents from Royal Mail this morning. The delivery is 2nd Class special so much slower than the one for BRP.

Good luck and all the best.

florie
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by florie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:23 am

Here's my timeline for Tier 4 BRP(RC) application, and I went through the standard service (ie. 8 weeks for a decision to be made).

Reported stolen/online form submission of replacement of BRP: 18 April 2019
UKVCAS Appointment at the Birmingham branch: 4 May 2019
Decision letter : Arrived on 31 May 2019, dated 30 May 2019
BRP: Arrived at 11.15am, 3 June 2019. I did not get any form of delivery email/notice from DX but I did email their customer service and provided my address after I got the decision letter, where they confirmed they had a delivery scheduled for my address today.

Overall it took about 4 weeks for them to come to a decision (including the 2 bank holidays in May) after my appointment at UKVAS.

GJVR
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by GJVR » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:17 am

I recently lost my BRP card and went through the process of applying for a replacement. I thought I would post the timeline of how it went. I did my application from withing the UK.

22-06-2019 Saturday: Application on gov.uk
23-06-2019 Sunday: Bio-metrics Appointment (Premium Lounge)
15-07-2019 Monday: Letter from Home Office stating that the replacement card would arrive within 7 days
23-07-2019 Tuesday: BRP RC card received

That is 32 calendar days (22 working days) from application to the receipt of the card.

I needed to get the replacement card asap due to upcoming holidays and so I was rushing when choosing my appointment with UKVCAS. I initially chose the closest Service Point to me without checking the available dates and times at other centres. The earliest appointment I could get was in 10 working days. I cancelled that appointment and chose the Premium Lounge option which had an appointment available on a Sunday the following day. Choosing the Premium Lounge, as expensive as it was; allowed me to get my application off 10 working days earlier which allowed me to meet my travel commitments.

Ghaida
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by Ghaida » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Recently I've lost my BRP card (tier 4 student) and I did my application in the UK, here is my timeline
2-08-2019 Saturday: Application on gov.uk
3-08-2019 Sunday: Bio-metrics Appointment (Premium Lounge)
waiting: Letter from Home Office stating that the replacement card would arrive within 7 days
waiting: BRP RC card received

since I've done the biometric appointment I did not receive anything from the home office
I suppose to have an appointment at VFS global tmw but unfortunately I cant submit the application without the BRP

Also, I've an imp trip to my home country on 19th of sep and I don't know if i can go without the BRP? I have a pic of the old one !

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:13 am

Ghaida wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:41 pm
Recently I've lost my BRP card (tier 4 student) and I did my application in the UK, here is my timeline
waiting: Letter from Home Office stating that the replacement card would arrive within 7 days

since I've done the biometric appointment I did not receive anything from the home office
I suppose to have an appointment at VFS global tmw but unfortunately I cant submit the application without the BRP

Also, I've an imp trip to my home country on 19th of sep and I don't know if i can go without the BRP? I have a pic of the old one !
There should be an email address where you can let them know if you haven't received your BRP card. Otherwise report it here https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived

I had to do this for my husband as it took so long to arrive. Got it within days.

Jin022
Newly Registered

Post by Jin022 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:35 am

Hi all i applied on 27august and then done biometrics on 29 august and now i recived decsion letter that they will send me brp in 10 working days decsion letter was dated 2 september so they took like 5 days on my application i had leave to remain and i lost it hopefully i recive it soon now

Jin022
Newly Registered

Post by Jin022 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Jin022 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:35 am
Hi all i applied on 27august and then done biometrics on 29 august and now i recived decsion letter that they will send me brp in 10 working days decsion letter was dated 2 september so they took like 5 days on my application i had leave to remain and i lost it hopefully i recive it soon now
Brp has been recived today good luck to all

Seagle
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Seagle » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:46 am

Ghaida wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Ghaida, any updates? We’re waiting for my husbands replacement BRP on the same timeline as you, but his flight is the 13th 😕