ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - previous immigration applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

suhas.chatekar
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation - previous immigration applications

Post by suhas.chatekar » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:22 pm

This question may have been asked before but I was unable to find an answer to the specific question that I have.

I am filling the online form for naturalisation. It asked for past immigration applications made to UKBA. I have all the letters I received from UKBA over my 4 immigration applications I have made in last few years. However, the letters have the date on them when UKBA made a decision on my application. That is not the date I made my application on.

It is a subtle difference but which date is UKBA expecting me to provide - the date on which I made the application or the date on which they made the decision?

bluebird12
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation - previous immigration applications

Post by bluebird12 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:42 pm

The date on decision letter should be fine ,

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:44 pm

suhas.chatekar wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:22 pm
This question may have been asked before but I was unable to find an answer to the specific question that I have.

I am filling the online form for naturalisation. It asked for past immigration applications made to UKBA. I have all the letters I received from UKBA over my 4 immigration applications I have made in last few years. However, the letters have the date on them when UKBA made a decision on my application. That is not the date I made my application on.

It is a subtle difference but which date is UKBA expecting me to provide - the date on which I made the application or the date on which they made the decision?
I will suggest you check your email history or try to find your acknowledgement letters when you have had applied for visa extensions or if you have kept your royal mail receipts when you sent those applications and quote those dates, please. Its all for your safe side which will show you remained covered by 3C.
__A

Clout08
Newly Registered

Post by Clout08 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:53 am

You simply need to click “NO” if you don’t have any outstanding immigration application in the HO.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:57 am

Clout08 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:53 am
You simply need to click “NO” if you don’t have any outstanding immigration application in the HO.
The question is NOT asking about 'an outstanding' application. It asks for ALL applications made in the past to HO!!

Common sense that you cannot apply for citizenship if you have an outstanding immigration application undecided with HO!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Clout08
Newly Registered

Post by Clout08 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:09 am

I know exactly what they are asking coz recently I’m gone through application process and that’s the reason I try to explain.The answer for that query is just “No”.you don’t need to put anything else.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:12 am

Clout08 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:09 am
I know exactly what they are asking coz recently I’m gone through application process and that’s the reason I try to explain.The answer for that query is just “No”.you don’t need to put anything else.
If the form asks you to list all immigration applications made to UKVI in the past, the applicant is required to do so. That is the whole point of the question. Answering NO means you have made NO applications to the home office, which would not be true.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Clout08
Newly Registered

Post by Clout08 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:33 am

If you read his Question property he is saying “he is applying for naturalisation through 10 years route “ how can you apply for naturalisation if you don’t have a either ILR or PR.There is no route to naturalisation through 10 years residency.I made my naturalisation application few months ago and I got stuck with this question I had to get some professional help for this Question and they explained that previous applications are irrelevant for this specific question if you already holding ILR/PR from last 12 months.You don’t require to put your previous immigration applications reference one you have ILR/PR.regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:37 am

It was that 'irrelevant', it wouldn't be in the form!! Holding ILR or PR is mandatory (not necessarily for the full 12 months either) but HO is still asking for your to complete the question, regardless of which immigration route to ILR/PR you have taken. It really is not a trick question either and is fairly plain and clear English.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

trilobite1981
Mood:

Post by trilobite1981 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:30 am

When I applied for my naturalization I declared all the previous application submission dates as accurate as possible. I did not have any problem. Listen to the moderator!