ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Refused In Administrative Review...Is PAP or JR a good option ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nix2027
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Got Refused In Administrative Review...Is PAP or JR a good option ?

Post by nix2027 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I had applied for a Tier-1 (Entrepreneur Visa) which was to be funded by a Venture Capital Firm (VCF) in the month of March 2019.

I was asked for a telephonic interview on the 1st July 2019. After which on 21st of July i received a refusal initially for the reason that they are not sure if i would like to invest in the UK.

My question is
1) Why did the Venture Capital show interest in my proposed business ?
2) Just because I have not answered the way they are expecting does not mean that I won't be investing the funds provided by the VCF in my proposed business?

I even applied for an Administrative Review (AR) where i thought my application would be given a second thought on. In return I received another refusal to the AR on the 25th of August 2019 saying that they are satisfies by the decision taken by their Entry Clearance Officer.

After this refusal, I have heard about the PAP and Judicial Review process from a close friend. Need to know if it is worth trying this route?

Would like to hear from you soon...

zimba
Mood:

Re: Got Refused In Administrative Review...Is PAP or JR a good option ?

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:49 pm

Judicial review is a type of court proceeding in which a judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body like Home Office. This is part of the administrative law in the UK. To start a judicial review against a public body, you generally should file a Pre-action Protocol within 30 days.
For judicial review, I suggest to seek legal advice as early as possible. Being refused a visa is not an unlawful act on its own

More infor: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/administrat ... -the-court
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice