ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have gotten my Citizenship and Want to Apply for my First Passport.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

JackyJames1
Newly Registered

I have gotten my Citizenship and Want to Apply for my First Passport.

Post by JackyJames1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:52 pm

Hey Guys , I have just gotten my citizenship and i am very happy. I wanted to ask i want to apply for my first British passport and i still have expired travel document when i was a refugee, I wanted to ask what to do with it , do i have to send it back ? do i have to send it back when i apply for the passport? Do i just keep it ,
also when i apply for passport , it asks you if u have passport from other countries , my pakistani passport is already with homeoffice when i applied for travel document so do i need to say yes or say no as i do not have the passport only travel document. Bit confused please help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: I have gotten my Citizenship and Want to Apply for my First Passport.

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:29 am

You should say yes and send your travel document. It has to be be cancelled so you can be issued with a British passport instead
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Springie
United Kingdom

Re: I have gotten my Citizenship and Want to Apply for my First Passport.

Post by Springie » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:57 am

JackyJames1,

When I applied, they treated my CTD as a passport, so I had to send it in. But they also told me that it's HO policy to keep CTDs and not return them. They kept mine. It may be worth making copies of the CTD and any visas you have.