ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gautam_309

Post by gautam_309 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:54 pm

hsmp28122006 wrote:Thanks Gautam. I will try on other number as well 5864. so was your application treated as urgent or they just ignored it?
---

The person at HO did told me that they have accepted my Urgent treatment, but unless i get my passport back i dont believe on HO!!!

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:36 pm

Thanks Gautam and after how many days you called them to get to know that they have accepted your application as urgent. As I asked them and they did tell me that they have received the fax but its treated as urgent or not I could not get to know.
I have one more query that does anyone know If I have to send some additional documnets after the original form is sent( I have got appl ref no) what should be the correct addrss for that? I sent to the address at Durham but this seems to be only for payment and my documents were not linked to my file.

gautam_309

Post by gautam_309 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:59 pm

hsmp28122006 wrote:Thanks Gautam and after how many days you called them to get to know that they have accepted your application as urgent. As I asked them and they did tell me that they have received the fax but its treated as urgent or not I could not get to know.
I have one more query that does anyone know If I have to send some additional documnets after the original form is sent( I have got appl ref no) what should be the correct addrss for that? I sent to the address at Durham but this seems to be only for payment and my documents were not linked to my file.
---
I have send my fax on 10th July and called them on 11th july when they said that they have received the document and have considered it as Urgent treatment, however when i asked that how long does a urgent treatement application take they have not provided me any timelines, they just said that Urgent treatment only means that your application will be given priority but their is no timelines

My suggestion will be please give them ring once again and ask if your application has been considered under urgent treatment

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:37 pm

Current Update from UKBA Site-

Current waiting times for work permit applications
During week commencing 14 July 2008 we expect to be considering:

Business and Commercial

Straight forward applications (including Tier 1's) between 25 June 2008 and 27 June 2008. All other applications between 9 June 2008 and 11 June 2008.

rajivferroin

Re: Visa extension granted

Post by rajivferroin » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi, r u planning to send ur passport back to Homeoffice, i have read somewhere that you shoud have got HSMP stamping.

regards
pankajmittal2004 wrote:I just want to thank all the members here in the forum who promptly responded to all my queries for document preparation. For the latest update
HSMP extension applied: 29th May (No urgent treatment)
Stamped: Tier-1(General) 8th July
Documents received: 12th July
Visa extension: until 2nd June 2011
I mentioned JR in my cover letter and asked them to consider my application under old rules ( though I claimed 110 points) but they granted me Tier-1 visa extension

Need HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by Need HSMP » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:49 pm

nevadawipes wrote:Current Update from UKBA Site-

Current waiting times for work permit applications
During week commencing 14 July 2008 we expect to be considering:

Business and Commercial

Straight forward applications (including Tier 1's) between 25 June 2008 and 27 June 2008. All other applications between 9 June 2008 and 11 June 2008.
Hi nevadawipes,

Can you please post the URL of the UKBA site saying the above.
I have applied for WP to Tier 1 from UK on 16th June 2008 and consider my application to be quite straightforward. I have not yet received any response.

And we have not yet heard of anyone getting approval who have applied after 11th June.

catchmk
Newly Registered

Post by catchmk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Waiting times url:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

Although it says Tier 1 in braces, this section is under work permit and iam not sure if a WP to Tier1 would come under this timeline.

Anyone?

Need HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by Need HSMP » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:46 pm

catchmk wrote:Waiting times url:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

Although it says Tier 1 in braces, this section is under work permit and iam not sure if a WP to Tier1 would come under this timeline.

Anyone?
This information in the UKBA site is a bit confusing. It is in the Work Permit section. Had it been for Tier 1, it should have been under the Tier 1 section. Or else they should have kept it somewhere at a common place.

But since it looks like a fact, we got to accept it. It would be interesting to know any approvals for the applicants after 11th June.

khanlala
Newly Registered

Post by khanlala » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:28 pm

hi guys
after long longggggg wait atlast i got the visa
i applied for tier 1 visa from student visa
applied on 8th may
got reference on 15th may
called them so many times and got information like
my case is farwarded to case worker on 24 may and some times they told me tht my case is not even under consideration yet

then on 7th i sent urgent treatemnt fax
and today i got 3 years visa
thx to this forum
and best of luck for every one

laskk

Hi All

Post by laskk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:37 pm

Khanlala: congrats!

All who got approvals by sending urget treatment fax, just wondering to know what are the reasons does you guys mentioning in urs urgnt trtment letter.
As my frend has applied on 30 May still waiting for his reply.

May be it will help all other who want their applicantion results soon.

Ammir malik :- did u here any think from BA.

Thanks in advance for sharing the info.
kind regards,
Laskk

khanlala wrote:hi guys
after long longggggg wait atlast i got the visa
i applied for tier 1 visa from student visa
applied on 8th may
got reference on 15th may
called them so many times and got information like
my case is farwarded to case worker on 24 may and some times they told me tht my case is not even under consideration yet

then on 7th i sent urgent treatemnt fax
and today i got 3 years visa
thx to this forum
and best of luck for every one

khanlala
Newly Registered

Post by khanlala » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:01 pm

i just told them i m traveling on 20 thts it no proof required

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:07 pm

khanlala wrote:i just told them i m traveling on 20 thts it no proof required
hello friend!

congrats on your success. could you plz shed some more light on your case like
when did you finished your course and was ur salary uk or abroad . how come HO didnt ask you about any documents proving that you are actually travelling. if its not too much to ask can you plz attach a urgent treatment form here for others.

Kind regards

Grant

tcr008
Newly Registered

Updated times

Post by tcr008 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:57 am

Hi all

I called the home office today regarding the status of my application.
The cheque cleared on June 6th but according to the chap I spoke to everything past the 25th of May hasn't even been assigned to a case worker yet, so it looks like there's a bit of a wait to go...

Manjo
Newly Registered

Post by Manjo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Hi everyone!!!!

Good news for me today. I've just received my documents back from HO today, with 3year visa stamped in passport till the 9th Jul 2011.

Applied for HSMP to switch from student visa on 28 Feb 08
Received HSMP approval letter on 20 May 08

Sent application for FLR under Tier 1 (General) on 30 May 08, as student visa was expiring on that date.
Application approved on 9th Jul 08
Received documents back with passport on 15 Jul 08 by special delivery.
No urgent treatment letter sent (I was about to fax one this afternoon)

Thank you very much to all of you and good luck to those still waiting.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:59 pm

Even I called them today, and the person I spoke told me they are processing application for the date 3rd June. Everyone from customer care gives a different answer.

Manjo
Newly Registered

Post by Manjo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:12 pm

It's quite possible that what you have been told is true. because i called HO last week, and the guy told me that they were already processing applications received on the 29th may and that since I sent mine on the 30th may, i should receive my documents back soon. and i got them today.

hsmp28122006 wrote:Even I called them today, and the person I spoke told me they are processing application for the date 3rd June. Everyone from customer care gives a different answer.

laskk

Post by laskk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi Manjo:-

Do u mean to say that u recieved urs document back today. If yes could you plzz give more info about urs application n if possible on which days u try to contact BA.

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,

Laskk.
Manjo wrote:It's quite possible that what you have been told is true. because i called HO last week, and the guy told me that they were already processing applications received on the 29th may and that since I sent mine on the 30th may, i should receive my documents back soon. and i got them today.

Manjo
Newly Registered

Post by Manjo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi Laskk!

if you read the first post i did today, you will have all the time lines of my application.

i first contacted HO by email on the 4th Jul and on the 7th they sent me the reply saying my application hadn't been processed yet as they were still dealing with applications received on 17th May.

Then I called again on the 8th and the guy on the phone told me they were still within the 10 weeks guidelines and that he couldn't tell me anything more.

And the last time I called was on the 11th but the guy didn't even want to take my reference to check anything, but he told me they were already processing applications received on the 29th may and that i should receive the docs back shortly.

hope this helps
laskk wrote:Hi Manjo:-

Do u mean to say that u recieved urs document back today. If yes could you plzz give more info about urs application n if possible on which days u try to contact BA.

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,

Laskk.
Last edited by Manjo on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IronMan
Newly Registered

Post by IronMan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:36 pm

I got an email from the caseworker today.
Apparently, I forgot to tick one of the boxes. I was asked to complete that section and post or fax them.

For those concerned on the processing times, here are my details:

Switching from: Student to Tier 1
Application made on : June 2, 2008
Application received on : June 3, 2008
Acknowledgment Received on : June 7, 2008 ( dated June 4, 2008)
Email requesting the completed form: July 15, 2008

So, it looks like they are processing the applications from the first week of June, unless you have applied for urgent treatment.

From the looks of it, the section I was asked to fill up was on public funds, which is the last section to fill in the Feb edition of the application form. If they have reached to the end of the application, I presume that the other parts are fine (otherwise, I would have had a reject earlier with no email).
Moresoever, the email said, that the caseworker was waiting for this sheet to make a decision. This week looks like the longest week ever for me.

Cograts to those who got their approvals and best of luck to others...

Cheer up,
Your new Superhero, 'Iron Man' :)

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi IronMan,

Thanks for the information and all the best for you....

Cheers

IronMan wrote:I got an email from the caseworker today.
Apparently, I forgot to tick one of the boxes. I was asked to complete that section and post or fax them.

laskk

Post by laskk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Manjo: Thanks for replying soon n sharing info.

Ammirmailk: just wondering about urs application results as you applied earlier than manjo, i guess!.

Kind regards,
Laskk

aamirmalik

Post by aamirmalik » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:09 pm

hello! i spoke to my case worker today. he said he didnt touch my application as yet...he said he will work on it this week...

thanks

rajivferroin

Processing

Post by rajivferroin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:07 pm

HO is currently working on applications received on or before 3rd June 2008. I have just checked this with HO.

rajivferroin

Approval Received

Post by rajivferroin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:08 pm

One of my friend has applied for Tier1 (from Work permit) on 29th May, he has got the approval today.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi aamirmalik,

Can you please tell me how could you contact to case worker by email? I think he would have sent you first email or is there any email id for HSMP case worker team?