ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PO Box as correspondence address?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BrunoK1441
Australia

Non-EU Spouse UK Settlement question

Post by BrunoK1441 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi There!

I would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light or provide some insight into my situation.

I (an Australian citizen) have been living on an Ancestry Visa in the UK with my EU citizen wife since 2011.

My EU wife is eligible to apply for UK settled status through the new online system and I wanted to get some clarity into whether its possible for me (a non-EU family member/spouse) to apply for settled status too with her through this route?

Asking if this is possible to do as I'm currently on an Ancestry visa, not a Partner visa. If so it would save me a lot of ££££ not having to separately apply for ILR sometime in the next couple of years (I've been eligible for a while now but put it off due to the high cost).

Any insight would be truly appreciated!

BrunoK1441
Australia

Re: Non-EU Spouse UK Settlement question

Post by BrunoK1441 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:18 pm

.....I Should add that we've been married for 9 years.

free
Newly Registered

Post by free » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Yes u can.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:55 am

Do you mean apply as a non-EU family member of an EU citizen exercising treaty rights?

BrunoK1441
Australia

Post by BrunoK1441 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:45 am

ryuzaki wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:55 am
Do you mean apply as a non-EU family member of an EU citizen exercising treaty rights?
Apologies, im not sure what you mean exactly by treaty rights but I want to apply as a non-EU spouse to my EU wife who recently was granted UK settlement.
We've both been living in the UK together for 9 years.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:49 am

Yes, so you are not an EEA citizen, and your wife is. So your wife is exercising treaty rights (Freedom of Movement) and you can apply as her spouse I think.

BrunoK1441
Australia

Marriage certificate for non-EU Spouse question

Post by BrunoK1441 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi there,

I will be applying for UK settlement soon as a non-EU spouse to my Polish wife who has UK settled status and noticed that a marriage certificate is required to prove marriage for more than 5 years.

We were married in Poland 9 years ago so the marriage certificate is in Polish. Does anyone know if this will be accepted?

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Marriage certificate for non-EU Spouse question

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:30 pm

You will need to have it translated either by the Polish authorities or an official verifiable translator service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BrunoK1441
Australia

Online bank statements for EU Settlement accepted?

Post by BrunoK1441 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi guys,
After applying online for the EU settlement scheme a family member of mine has to provide extra evidence of 5 years continuous residence in the UK (even though they've been continuously self employed here for 9 years) and the only form of proof they have is annual bank statements from June 2011-June 2018.

My question is: does anyone know if downloadable .PDF annual online bank statements are accepted and has anyone submitted online statements and had a successful result?

Many Thanks in advance,

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Re: Online bank statements for EU Settlement accepted?

Post by hrak1978 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:17 pm

100% acceptable. A friend of mine submitted 5 years of statement in PDF format and his settled status approved.

Infact they only accept PDF, JPEG and PNG format now for EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME.

So I'm 100% sure they accept it.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

rooibos
Member of Standing

Post by rooibos » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:53 am

Yes, they accepted mine. But that was before Bojo was PM. I've heard they've started being picky now. Good luck.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:20 am

No they r not picky.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

BrunoK1441
Australia

2 questions re. settled status as non-EU spouse

Post by BrunoK1441 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:08 am

Hi Guys,

I will be applying soon for settled status as an Australian non-EU spouse of an EU partner (my Polish wife who already has UK settled status granted). I just have two questions I'm hoping someone could help me with.

1. Will I need to provide 5 years evidence of living in the UK (I've been living in UK for almost 9 years via Ancestry visa route) or will our translated Polish marriage certificate proving over 8 years of marriage be all that's needed.

2. We're moving house in 2-3 months. Apart from sending back my BRC (which I heard is done within a few weeks), are there any physical letters sent to our home address during the process or is everything confirmed and handled through email?
Just concerned that in the event that the app. process takes longer than 2-3 months that I won't be at the same address anymore.

Thanks in advance!

BrunoK1441
Australia

Married outside of UK (non-eu spouse question)

Post by BrunoK1441 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Hi Guys,

This whole thing is driving me crazy. Everything seems so vague on the government website.

I'm about to apply for settlement as a non-EU spouse of EU citizen and want to ask if anybody can help me with my question. I'll write my situation below in bullet points.

-I've lived in UK on Ancestry visa since 2012
-I married Polish wife (in Poland) in 2012
-Both lived together in UK since 2012 and have 2 children
-She already has settled status and I will be applying through her

My question is: Will the fact that we were married outside of the UK affect my application for settled status at all? Do we have to have been married inside the UK for the 5 years marriage to count?

I will be submitting our Polish marriage certificate as well as a certified English translation.

I'd really appreciate any help and thank you so much!

Casa

Re: Married outside of UK (non-eu spouse question)

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:21 pm

BrunoK1441 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:01 pm
Hi Guys,

This whole thing is driving me crazy. Everything seems so vague on the government website.

I'm about to apply for settlement as a non-EU spouse of EU citizen and want to ask if anybody can help me with my question. I'll write my situation below in bullet points.

-I've lived in UK on Ancestry visa since 2012
-I married Polish wife (in Poland) in 2012
-Both lived together in UK since 2012 and have 2 children
-She already has settled status and I will be applying through her

My question is: Will the fact that we were married outside of the UK affect my application for settled status at all? Do we have to have been married inside the UK for the 5 years marriage to count?

I will be submitting our Polish marriage certificate as well as a certified English translation.

I'd really appreciate any help and thank you so much!
It's irrelevant where you married.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

BrunoK1441
Australia

PO Box as correspondence address?

Post by BrunoK1441 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Hey Guys,

Quick question if I may. I'm applying for my settlement as non-eu spouse (Australian) so a lot of the process will be handled by post with my biometric card being posted to me at the end should my application be successful.

We're in the middle of selling our house so our address might change before I receive my status so I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to use a PO Box as a correspondence address for the application instead of my home address? This would save a lot of stress if so.

Many Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PO Box as correspondence address?

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:10 pm

Please click on link below to read the forum rule about multiple topics!!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:11 pm

BrunoK1441 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:50 pm
Hey Guys,

Quick question if I may. I'm applying for my settlement as non-eu spouse (Australian) so a lot of the process will be handled by post with my biometric card being posted to me at the end should my application be successful.

We're in the middle of selling our house so our address might change before I receive my status so I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to use a PO Box as a correspondence address for the application instead of my home address? This would save a lot of stress if so.

Many Thanks in advance!
BRP cards are delivered by courier not royal mail. You need a street address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

BrunoK1441
Australia

Post by BrunoK1441 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:15 pm

Apologies, I know now for next time.
CR001 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:10 pm
Please click on link below to read the forum rule about multiple topics!!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html

BrunoK1441
Australia

Post by BrunoK1441 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:16 pm

Thank you!

Does anyone know if it is possible to easily change and update mail/home address during the application?

Thanks!
CR001 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:11 pm
BrunoK1441 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:50 pm
Hey Guys,

Many Thanks in advance!
BRP cards are delivered by courier not royal mail. You need a street address.