ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU4 Fam British family after Brexit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

EU4 Fam British family after Brexit

Post by Malik10991 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi Folks,
My mother had been granted the stamp eu4 fam since my father is a British national.
I have just received a letter from the INIS stating the fact that, if Britain leaves without a deal people who have these rights under EU directive will not be able to enjoy these rights.
They are saying that until 31st October 2019 they need to transfer these people under domestic immigration arrangements.
What are these arrangements? Does it means that these people will no longer be allowed to live in Ireland?
I'm confused and worried for my mother kindly help.
Kind Regards
Malik

Obie
Ireland

Re: EU4 Fam British family after Brexit

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:21 pm

Can you post a copy of this letter.

There is no clarity as to what this provision are likely to be.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:16 pm

They will still be allowed to live in Ireland as long as common travel area is still in place, but it’s likely going to be under the domestic immigration rules where they will get a normal Stamp 4. It means they can live here but they will need a visa to travel to other EU countries.

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Malik10991 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:45 pm

Obie wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:21 pm
Can you post a copy of this letter.

There is no clarity as to what this provision are likely to be.
I have the letter with me but don't know how to post a picture here in the reply...could you please guide me as how to do this and i will post the picture.
Thanks

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Malik10991 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:47 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:16 pm
They will still be allowed to live in Ireland as long as common travel area is still in place, but it’s likely going to be under the domestic immigration rules where they will get a normal Stamp 4. It means they can live here but they will need a visa to travel to other EU countries.
I hope this is what it is, as that's sort of the thing the letter hints towards.
As it says that they will be transferred under domestic immigration arrangements. I will try to post the exact letter once I know how to do so.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:49 pm

There are various ways you can do it.

Use like Google link. Or use the attachment icon on the forum.

In all circumstances and means of posting, please ensure personal details are redacted.

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Malik10991 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Obie wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:49 pm

In all circumstances and means of posting, please ensure personal details are redacted.
I'm still trying to upload it but it says the file. Is too large...i will try to do it from a computer tomorrow.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:58 pm

I contacted the department of Justice about non-EEA family members. I was notified that such families should have no cause for concern, that they will not have to pay anything.

EU legislator must interview. They cannot let innocent family members be punished for the idiocy of Borris Johnson and his right wing idiological cult at downing Street.

I believe the vast majority of reasonable British Citizen in Ireland do not support Borris.

No decent people supports him. To reduce a person's right and confine them to a simple stamp 4, will be wholly unfair on family member.

I understand that Brexiteers seek to cause Ireland harm, and do not have Ireland's best interest at hear. But we are not the Extremist Brexiteers, British nationals and the family love Ireland and the governments must do it utmost to ensure that the rights they enjoy now is not affected, even if it means assessing their citizenship application favourably.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:59 pm

Malik10991 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:55 pm
Obie wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:49 pm

I'm still trying to upload it but it says the file. Is too large...i will try to do it from a computer tomorrow.
Why don't you do it page by page.

Was the letter a secular, or did it contain person's ID, name and application number.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:20 pm

See attached letter received from INIS

The letter has application ID and the person’s personal contact details.

Regards
Attachments
1440A245-CD4B-40B2-95F0-4918CCB74DF5.jpeg
1440A245-CD4B-40B2-95F0-4918CCB74DF5.jpeg (702.97 KiB) Viewed 1850 times

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:51 pm

Thanks. That is very helpful. Glad the department has plans. One can only hope rights are not reduced.

Was the letter sent by registered post or normal post.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:46 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:51 pm
Thanks. That is very helpful. Glad the department has plans. One can only hope rights are not reduced.

Was the letter sent by registered post or normal post.
Let’s hope they don’t reduce the rights indeed.

Letter received through normal post

Regards

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -

Post by BrexitEscapee » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:41 pm

Obie wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:58 pm
I contacted the department of Justice about non-EEA family members. I was notified that such families should have no cause for concern, that they will not have to pay anything.

EU legislator must interview. They cannot let innocent family members be punished for the idiocy of Borris Johnson and his right wing idiological cult at downing Street.

I believe the vast majority of reasonable British Citizen in Ireland do not support Borris.

No decent people supports him. To reduce a person's right and confine them to a simple stamp 4, will be wholly unfair on family member.

I understand that Brexiteers seek to cause Ireland harm, and do not have Ireland's best interest at hear. But we are not the Extremist Brexiteers, British nationals and the family love Ireland and the governments must do it utmost to ensure that the rights they enjoy now is not affected, even if it means assessing their citizenship application favourably.
I agree with your views about Brexit. What is frustrating is that any discussion of Brexit on the Foreign Birth Registration thread has been banned. This seems short-sighted when the main discussion topic on that thread is the extended waiting time which has been caused by the massive increase in applications from British people seeking to avoid Brexit! I understand the need for moderators to keep discussions 'on topic,' but for the next two months at least, Brexit will be the single-most important topic for all avenues of immigration to and from the UK.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:25 am

Well you need to make sure your argument is on topic.

I am not sure my colleagues will block you if you argument relates to the effect of Brexit on the topic in question. Provided of course the issue is not purely brexit, without and nexus to the topic in question.

To be honest I could not care less what happens with Brexit or its effect of one compatriots that lives there. My main issue is Ireland. It pain me that Brexit has the potential of destroying the Ireland I so treasure. So whatever happens to the UK is of no concern to me. You make your bed, you lie on it.

I shall try not to digress.
Now my concern is the transition from stamp 4 EU Fam to something else. I am grateful that Ireland will not punish our families for actions for which they played no part. I also hope that they will not impose conditions that reduces rights. That is my biggest concerns and worries.

None of my family has any concern or interest in UK.

Qasir_tayyab
Pakistan

Post by Qasir_tayyab » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:57 pm

Got the same letter...

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Just chiming in here, got the same letter today also.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:37 pm

Did you all receive the same deadline.

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:28 pm

Yeah, October 31st.

Qasir_tayyab
Pakistan

Post by Qasir_tayyab » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:50 pm

Can anyone explain what is the domestic Immigration arrangement ..?

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:54 pm

Qasir_tayyab wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:50 pm
Can anyone explain what is the domestic Immigration arrangement ..?
I'm only speculating here but I will assume it will be the same as the stamp 4 that spouses of irish citizens receive.

Chopindobie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chopindobie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:35 pm

so now question remaining,
I am spouse of British citizen living in Ireland stamp 4 eea fam
and after they move our visa to under the domestic... could we able to renew after 5 years...???

indiecork
Newly Registered
India

Post by indiecork » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:56 am

Hi,
received same letter as well. no need to worry, worst case scenario we will be transferred to regular stamp 4 and nothing changes. Although travelling to EU may require visa which is also required with Stamp 4EuFM for some countries as most of immigration staff at airports dont understand this properly.