ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply as a parent of child (british citizen) from outside the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AndyR003
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Apply as a parent of child (british citizen) from outside the UK

Post by AndyR003 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:06 pm

Hello,

I have following queries regarding applying as a parent of child who is a British citizen from outside the UK (India):

1. How can the applicant prove the annual income requirement of £18000 when he doesn't have a job in the UK? Please note that the parents of the child are un-married.

2. How can the applicant prove the accommodation in the UK?

3. Since the parents are NOT married, can the other parent, who is a British citizen, show his annual income and accommodation in the UK in support of the applicant?

Please advise.

Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Apply as a parent of child (british citizen) from outside the UK

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:12 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AndyR003
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by AndyR003 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I had my queries only after reading that section on gov.uk website.

Does someone please have answers to my specific queries?

Many thanks.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:06 pm

AndyR003 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:06 pm
Hello,

I have following queries regarding applying as a parent of child who is a British citizen from outside the UK (India):

1. How can the applicant prove the annual income requirement of £18000 when he doesn't have a job in the UK? Please note that the parents of the child are un-married.

2. How can the applicant prove the accommodation in the UK?

3. Since the parents are NOT married, can the other parent, who is a British citizen, show his annual income and accommodation in the UK in support of the applicant?

Please advise.

Many thanks.
If the other parent is providing accomodation and income, essentially you would be applying for a partner visa, which means you are in a relationship and would need to be married (or plan to marry) unless you have been living in a relationship 'akin to marriage' for the two years prior to the application.

It's a real catch-22: you can't prove you're involved as a parent unless you're in the UK and you can't get to the UK unless you're already involved in the child's life...

1. You can't.

2. You can't.

I haven't seen any of these applications approved, but of course would be happy to do so!!