ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does an Irish VISA WARNING count as “refused entry at the border of any country other than the UK?”

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raheem_ehsan

Does an Irish VISA WARNING count as “refused entry at the border of any country other than the UK?”

Post by raheem_ehsan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:40 am

Hi Everyone,

I am in process of submitting Tier 2 extension application. Now, I am stumbled upon a question that I am not sure how to answer.

The question is "refused entry at the border of any country other than UK?"

Last year I had to go to Dublin (Ireland) for a business trip, I had the Schengen visa so I honestly thought it would cover my destination. Unfortunately, at the airport immigration I was told that I did not have visa to entre. So they asked me why I was there and how long I had planned to be there. As I was there for only two days, Is presented them with the return ticket and hotel reservation. They approved my visit and stamped the visa in my passport. However, they wrote "vw" (visa warning) just over the top of the visa stamp and told me that it's just a warning and cautioned me not to travel again without a valid visa.

Now, should I answer the question above as "Yes" and explain the situation in the Tier 2 Extension application? or should I select "No" and proceed?

Please let me know as I am very close to expiry of my current visa time.

Thanks and regards,

Ehsan

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Does an Irish VISA WARNING count as “refused entry at the border of any country other than the UK?”

Post by physicskate » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:35 pm

raheem_ehsan wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:40 am
Hi Everyone,

I am in process of submitting Tier 2 extension application. Now, I am stumbled upon a question that I am not sure how to answer.

The question is "refused entry at the border of any country other than UK?"

Last year I had to go to Dublin (Ireland) for a business trip, I had the Schengen visa so I honestly thought it would cover my destination. Unfortunately, at the airport immigration I was told that I did not have visa to entre. So they asked me why I was there and how long I had planned to be there. As I was there for only two days, Is presented them with the return ticket and hotel reservation. They approved my visit and stamped the visa in my passport. However, they wrote "vw" (visa warning) just over the top of the visa stamp and told me that it's just a warning and cautioned me not to travel again without a valid visa.

Now, should I answer the question above as "Yes" and explain the situation in the Tier 2 Extension application? or should I select "No" and proceed?

Please let me know as I am very close to expiry of my current visa time.

Thanks and regards,

Ehsan
You were allowed to enter, and thus NOT refused entry. You can include this explanation in the 'additional information' section if you wish. Presumably they will see in your passport the 'vw'.

raheem_ehsan

Re: Does an Irish VISA WARNING count as “refused entry at the border of any country other than the UK?”

Post by raheem_ehsan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi Physicskate,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. If it's not considered "Refused" then it is better not to explain it as my thoughts are that it's better not to bring their attention to something that might not be relevant. Please kindly let me know your thoughts.

Have a good day!

Ehsan