ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Andy3018
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Andy3018 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:08 pm

joseph2019 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:27 am
Hi guys,

Just to give a bit of a feedback so far.
I have applied for Naturalisation a bit over 5 weeks ago and wrote a couple of times to enquire as to whether my case was with a case worker or not (we know when that is the case that the decision shouldn't take much longer).

The first couple of times I got the standard automated reply:
"All applications are dealt with in application receipt order.... as you applied in July, it will take a while longer for your application to be considered"

When I replied to the second email asking to know whether it is with a Caseworker or not, I got the second most common standard reply:
"The simplicity or indeed complexity of a case cannot be determined before an application is with a caseworker...Therefore it will take a while longer..."

That plus the fact that I still have access to the UKVCAS account tells me that the application is still in checks or some queue. I have also noticed from July applicants that posted their timelines that those processed are EU/Commonwealth/Spouse of BC Citizens. Other "type" of applicants are still awaiting.

I will ask for another update when I reach the 8-week mark.

Good luck to everyone out there applying/waiting for a decision.
@joseph, hey there, how did you contact UKVI? Was it through this email add: nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk ?

ssg5
Newly Registered

Post by ssg5 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:18 pm

HI Guys

Hope you can help

I have applied for BC 9 weeks ago but still have not heard anything back recently i have postal issue because of common street name couple of my post lost.

I contacted to British Citizen helpline and they advised me in case letter lost in post The LA will write a letter to you for ceremony.

When i have contacted to my LA for check if they have heard anything from Home office they advised they can't provide me this information without Home office ref number and they do not send any communication out until i contact them for book the ceremony with home office ref number.

Then i sent an email to Citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk for an advise but no reply back.

so completely :|

Kind Regards

Andy3018
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Andy3018 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi there, i just joined but I have been reading through the forum for sometime now and learned so much! I used plenty of tips and thanks everyone. Submitted documents and done biometric already back in April and I wanted to get some update but im not sure which channel channel to do it. Ive seen 2 cases here so far that has been approved within 2 months and one of the common thing between then is that they contacted ukvi somehow to ask if their case was already with a caseworker. Can anybody share who and what contact details they used? Many thanks.

joseph2019
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by joseph2019 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Andy3018 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:08 pm
joseph2019 wrote:
Hi guys,

I have applied for Naturalisation a bit over 5 weeks ago and wrote a couple of times to enquire as to whether my case was with a case worker or not (we know when that is the case that the decision shouldn't take much longer).

"All applications are dealt with in application receipt order.... as you applied in July, it will take a while longer for your application to be considered"

When I replied to the second email asking to know whether it is with a Caseworker or not, I got the second most common standard reply:
"The simplicity or indeed complexity of a case cannot be determined before an application is with a caseworker...Therefore it will take a while longer..."

That plus the fact that I still have access to the UKVCAS account tells me that the application is still in checks or some queue. I have also noticed from July applicants that posted their timelines that those processed are EU/Commonwealth/Spouse of BC Citizens. Other "type" of applicants are still awaiting.

@joseph, hey there, how did you contact UKVI? Was it through this email add: nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk ?
Hi @Andy3018

I contacted them using:
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Best of Luck
J

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi,

Is anyone facing problem to view UKVI application form?
Mine is saying;

We are currently experiencing issues with our downloadable document checklist.

This feature has been temporarily disabled and we are working as quickly as possible to fix the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If this affects you and you are not able to download your checklist, you should download a copy of your application form below and go to the documents section.

You should also bring a copy of this to your “documents and biometrics” appointment.

None of your information will be lost and your application will not be affected.

Cool321
Newly Registered

Post by Cool321 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Ali12035 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:40 pm
Hi,

Mine is saying;

This feature has been temporarily disabled and we are working as quickly as possible to fix the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If this affects you and you are not able to download your checklist, you should download a copy of your application form below and go to the documents section.

You should also bring a copy of this to your “documents and biometrics” appointment.

None of your information will be lost and your application will not be affected.

It might be indication file is open now , when did you apply ??

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Cool321 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:13 pm
Ali12035 wrote:
Hi,

Mine is saying;

I applied on 3rd June and bio done on 6th June.

Have you tried to access your online application?

Cool321
Newly Registered

Post by Cool321 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:54 pm

Ali12035 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:48 pm
Cool321 wrote:
Ali12035 wrote:
Hi,

Mine is saying;

My partner applied on 16 May n getting same message and we can see May and early June cases getting their outcomes now so could be its UKVI website problem or Case might be concluded .

Sam1234567
Newly Registered

Post by Sam1234567 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi all
I have applied for BC on the 1st of February and im still waiting, everytime i email them they send me a letter stating that they doing checks on my application it been 2 months since the first time they told me they doing the checks last week they told me the same, anyone in a similar position to me ?

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Cool321 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:54 pm
Ali12035 wrote:
Cool321 wrote:
Ali12035 wrote:
Hi,

Mine is saying;

My partner applied on 16 May n getting same message and we can see May and early June cases getting their outcomes now so could be its UKVI website problem or Case might be concluded .

Are you getting same message or something different?
Thanks

Cool321
Newly Registered

Post by Cool321 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:56 pm

Ali12035 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:47 pm
Cool321 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:54 pm
Ali12035 wrote:
Cool321 wrote:

Are you getting same message or something different?
Thanks
Same message , applied on 16 May

ssg5
Newly Registered

Post by ssg5 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:23 am

Any one or c0001 can advice?

Thanks

ssg5 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:18 pm
HI Guys

Hope you can help

I have applied for BC 9 weeks ago but still have not heard anything back recently i have postal issue because of common street name couple of my post lost.

I contacted to British Citizen helpline and they advised me in case letter lost in post The LA will write a letter to you for ceremony.

When i have contacted to my LA for check if they have heard anything from Home office they advised they can't provide me this information without Home office ref number and they do not send any communication out until i contact them for book the ceremony with home office ref number.

Then i sent an email to Citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk for an advise but no reply back.

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:28 am

ssg5 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:23 am
Any one or c0001 can advice?

Thanks

ssg5 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:18 pm
HI Guys

Hope you can help

Kind Regards
You simply need to wait to hear back from HO. It can take a few weeks or a few months for citizenship applications. You cannot base timelines on what anyone else is posting, each application is assessed individually based on its own merits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:47 am

erd03 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:42 am
I need your advice urgently!

I couldn’t bear it any longer so I have called my council today and they have confirmed that they have my citizenship certificate from HO dated 21 August. What is the next step? Do I return my BRP now? Or wait for the HO decision letter to arrive? I have booked my citizenship ceremony already but the earliest date is 15th October. Another issue (?), I am travelling on 17th September and I’m worried that I will be held on my way back to the UK.

Please advise.

Thank you so much!!!
Hi ERD03, great job I'm happy for you that you have finally got what you waited for. Can you pls advis what reference you give to council? Was it your application ref no? Cause they ask for referenc no when you call them. I can s e you applied around the same time as I did on 23rd Jul.

erd03
Newly Registered

Post by erd03 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Oria wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:47 am
erd03 wrote:

I couldn’t bear it any longer so I have called my council today and they have confirmed that they have my citizenship certificate from HO dated 21 August. What is the next step? Do I return my BRP now? Or wait for the HO decision letter to arrive? I have booked my citizenship ceremony already but the earliest date is 15th October. Another issue (?), I am travelling on 17th September and I’m worried that I will be held on my way back to the UK.

Please advise.

Thank you so much!!!
Hi ERD03, great job I'm happy for you that you have finally got what you waited for. Can you pls advis what reference you give to council? Was it your application ref no? Cause they ask for referenc no when you call them. I can s e you applied around the same time as I did on 23rd Jul.
Hi Oria,

Yes. The reference number from the HO confirmation email and some personal details.
All the best!

no-name
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by no-name » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:31 pm

Hi
I applied Naturalization application on 6th of April and Bio done on 9th of April. I send an email regarding my application update on 14th August and received reply on 15th that you will be contacted by post within 21 working days. But till now haven't received anything. Any advice please
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:50 pm

no-name wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:31 pm
Hi
I applied Naturalization application on 6th of April and Bio done on 9th of April. I send an email regarding my application update on 14th August and received reply on 15th that you will be contacted by post within 21 working days. But till now haven't received anything. Any advice please
Thanks in advance.
It does say 21 WORKING days!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:05 pm

erd03 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:18 pm
Oria wrote:
erd03 wrote:

Please advise.

Thank you so much!!!
Hi Oria,

Yes. The reference number from the HO confirmation email and some personal details.
All the best!
Thank you for your kind reply. I called the council but unfortunately they could not find my name which means they have not received anything for me yet. They only asked my name.

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm

erd03 wrote:
Oria wrote:
erd03 wrote:

Please advise.

Thank you so much!!!
Hi Oria,

All the best!
Hi Erd03, if you can also pls check for me if you still have access to your ukvcas account or not? That will help me find out if my case has been reviewed. Thank you

erd03
Newly Registered

Post by erd03 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:15 pm

Oria wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm
erd03 wrote:
Oria wrote:
erd03 wrote:

Please advise.

Thank you so much!!!
Hi Oria,

All the best!
Hi Erd03, if you can also pls check for me if you still have access to your ukvcas account or not? That will help me find out if my case has been reviewed. Thank you
Interestingly, I can still access them. Wait for another week and hopefully you will get the decision. I know it's very frustrating but waiting is the least that you can do.

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 am

erd03 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:15 pm
Oria wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm
erd03 wrote:
Oria wrote:

Hi Oria,

All the best!
Interestingly, I can still access them. Wait for another week and hopefully you will get the decision. I know it's very frustrating but waiting is the least that you can do.
Erd03, thank you my friend. I hope so that it will. I’m very positive about it but still tough waiting for something. I’ll jerp you guys posted.

Andy3018
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Andy3018 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:52 pm

joseph2019 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:51 pm
Andy3018 wrote:
joseph2019 wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi @Andy3018

I contacted them using:

Best of Luck
J
J, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I already sent the email to the nationalityenquiries.. then i received an automated reply suggesting to fill up an enquiry form then send it to furthernationalityenquiries. I did fill up a form and email it then i received another auto reply which says they will respond in 20 days...

So back to waiting time. Thanks again.

joseph2019
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by joseph2019 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:57 pm

Andy3018 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:52 pm
joseph2019 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:51 pm
Andy3018 wrote:
joseph2019 wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi @Andy3018

I contacted them using:

Best of Luck
J
J, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I already sent the email to the nationalityenquiries.. then i received an automated reply suggesting to fill up an enquiry form then send it to furthernationalityenquiries. I did fill up a form and email it then i received another auto reply which says they will respond in 20 days...

So back to waiting time. Thanks again.
Hi @Andy,

Emailing the Nationality support team FMT will get you a much quicker answer than the nationalityenquires one. I emailed both so I know ;) Uusually, the FMT team answers same day or the next, so your bet is better with that one.

Good luck,
J

Hannah2018
Newly Registered

Post by Hannah2018 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:36 am

Hi

I had a vary bad car accident few months ago and police invited me for a voluntary interview to ask me about how the accident happened. This interview was because it was a big crash and I am injured as well as a person in another car.

Police told me that he is investigating and he might charge me on dangerous driving or no further action.
I asked a solicitor and he said because I haven't heard from police or court regarding any charges, it is not counted as a pending prosecution yet.

I am eligible to apply for my naturalisation next week but I am not sure should I disclose this or not as I haven't received any further information from the police.

Should I disclose it as a pending prosecution? anybody had a similar experience?

Thanks for any advise.

Onesie2017
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onesie2017 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:28 am

Hannah2018 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:36 am
Hi

I had a vary bad car accident few months ago and police invited me for a voluntary interview to ask me about how the accident happened. This interview was because it was a big crash and I am injured as well as a person in another car.

Police told me that he is investigating and he might charge me on dangerous driving or no further action.
I asked a solicitor and he said because I haven't heard from police or court regarding any charges, it is not counted as a pending prosecution yet.

I am eligible to apply for my naturalisation next week but I am not sure should I disclose this or not as I haven't received any further information from the police.

Should I disclose it as a pending prosecution? anybody had a similar experience?

Thanks for any advise.

Be very careful about what you disclose or do not disclose on your application form because most people have had unnecessary delays with their application because they started mentioning things that never should have been mentioned.

You were only involved in an accident!

We’re your arrested? No
You were interviewed only to get information on wether to prosecute you or not. It was only a voluntary interview and you could have refused to attend!

It is very irrelevant to your application!!!

I hope this information helps.