ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family member Settlement Clarification

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imaner
Iran

EEA Family member Settlement Clarification

Post by imaner » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:19 am

Hi All,
Here is my story:
Married to my polish wife in Cyprus in 2013. she moved to the UK in July 2014 and following that, I joined her three months later in October and got 5-year EEA Family member sticker visa in my passport. Since then, we have been living together continuously and have got two kids born in the UK. My wife applied for EU Settlement Scheme few month ago and she is now settled.

Here is my questions:

1. As my visa expires on 11 October 2019, am I be able to apply for EEA Settlement Scheme? If yes, do I have to apply a month before or sharp the day after 11th which is 12 October 2019?

2. Since I've got sticker visa and I am non-EU citizen, apparently I can't apply through the Android App. Can I use postal service?

3. Do I have to show proof of employment or it doesn't apply to me? in other words, do I have to show my income or I am exempt from it?

3. does if have any fees and I use a premium service to get my visa ASAP?

Your help is already appreciated :)

it91

Re: EEA Family member Settlement Clarification

Post by it91 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:44 am

imaner wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:19 am
Hi All,
Here is my story:
Married to my polish wife in Cyprus in 2013. she moved to the UK in July 2014 and following that, I joined her three months later in October and got 5-year EEA Family member sticker visa in my passport. Since then, we have been living together continuously and have got two kids born in the UK. My wife applied for EU Settlement Scheme few month ago and she is now settled.

Here is my questions:

1. As my visa expires on 11 October 2019, am I be able to apply for EEA Settlement Scheme? If yes, do I have to apply a month before or sharp the day after 11th which is 12 October 2019?

2. Since I've got sticker visa and I am non-EU citizen, apparently I can't apply through the Android App. Can I use postal service?

3. Do I have to show proof of employment or it doesn't apply to me? in other words, do I have to show my income or I am exempt from it?

After your 5 years is finished, you’re eligible to apply for Permanent Residence and then citizenship. I think you still have time to do that.
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes PSS
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: PSS Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

imaner
Iran

Post by imaner » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 am

it91 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:44 am
imaner wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:19 am
Hi All,
Here is my story:

Here is my questions:

After your 5 years is finished, you’re eligible to apply for Permanent Residence and then citizenship. I think you still have time to do that.
Yeah, I know that but my questions are something else! waiting for a moderator to give me a detailed reply.
Thanks anyway!

imaner
Iran

Post by imaner » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:17 am

Can someone shed light on my question please? 🙏🏼🙏🏼

imaner
Iran

Post by imaner » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:27 am

Any help please?

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:59 am

@imaner

Answers:

1. 28 days before your RC expires you can apply. I confirmed it yesterday with EU resolution team.

2. You need to apply online through web not through app. App is for EU national. As you are NON EU so u need to apply online.

3. After entering your details the system will tell u what to upload. Is it "residence documents" or "relationship documents".
There is no hard and fast rule relating to employments. They need to see your relationship proof like marriage certificate and residence proof. Which can be done through 5 P60's if u didnt work then annual bank statement or 60 bank statements of 5 years to show you were residing in UK and was living together with your EU national.

4. There is no fee for EU settlement and there is no premium service as well.

And if they have any doubts about any document then they will request you to send it otherwise everything will be done online. Scan all the documents properly on scanner.

Good luck.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }