ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU family member with PR can sponsor mother in law

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blue10
Newly Registered

Non EU family member with PR can sponsor mother in law

Post by blue10 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:16 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm new on this page. First of all I apologise if I post it on wrong place.i need some advice if someone can help me plz. I'm a German national living in the uk since 2007. Is it possible that i can apply EEA family permit Visa for my Dependent mother in law.im regularly sending money to her. Many thanks

treeboythethird
Newly Registered

Re: Non EU family member with PR can sponsor mother in law

Post by treeboythethird » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:06 am

I would love to know this since I have a similar question.

blue10
Newly Registered

EEA family permit for mother in law

Post by blue10 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 am

Can any one help me plz

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:51 am

blue10 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:16 pm
Hello everyone,
I'm new on this page. First of all I apologise if I post it on wrong place.i need some advice if someone can help me plz. I'm a German national living in the uk since 2007. Is it possible that i can apply EEA family permit Visa for my Dependent mother in law.im regularly sending money to her. Many thanks
Proof of dependency
The applicant must provide proof of their dependency. This can include:
• bank or building society statements
• evidence of money transfers
• evidence of living in the same household if applicable
• other evidence to show their EEA national sponsor has enough money to
support them and the applicant is reliant on them for this

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

blue10
Newly Registered

EEA family permit for mother inlaw

Post by blue10 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:09 pm

Thank you so much casa for quick reply so that mean I can apply bcz some people said to me I can't and some I can. I will up date what come out
Thanks again.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EEA family permit for mother inlaw

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:48 pm

blue10 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:09 pm
Thank you so much casa for quick reply so that mean I can apply bcz some people said to me I can't and some I can. I will up date what come out
Thanks again.
You live in a democratic country, you can always apply for anything you want. Nothing prevents you from applying. Fill the forms, post the payment and send the evidence. Application is not an issue.

Is it going to work? Is it going to be approved? That's a different story.

There are no 100% guarantees when it comes to applications. You have to apply and do your best to demonstrate the merits of your application in order to maximize your chances.

From what I see around me, I think the chances of acceptance are slim. You have been sending her money for a while and that system works fine. The first thing they would ask is why do you need to bring her here? Why don't you just keep sending her money as usual? What happened suddenly that you can't send her money unless she is here with you?

blue10
Newly Registered

EEA family permit for mother inlaw

Post by blue10 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:00 pm

Thank you so much Zerubbabel for your reply
We are sending money to her since 2015 but now we really need her here. What could be the best answer for all those questions. Plz

blue10
Newly Registered

Re: EEA family permit for mother in law

Post by blue10 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:44 am

Hello everyone
I'm going to submit the application .I ad
Mother inlaw birth certificate
Wife's birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Mother inlaw bank statement
Father inlaw death certificate
FRC certificate both wife and mother inlaw
Work contract latter
Pay slip mine 6 month
And money transfers slips
Do I need to ad any thing else?. Do I need to write a covering letter as well ?. can any one help me plz

fahimkhan007
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by fahimkhan007 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:29 am

Apply for EU settlement scheme and then apply for EU settlement scheme family permit for your mother in law. No need to prove anything that way except that she is your mother in law.

blue10
Newly Registered

Re: EEAfamily permit for mother in law

Post by blue10 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Thanks Fahimkhan007 for ur reply. I have submitted the EEA family permit application.i will post it what comes out .thanks

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:09 am

Hi please must share the outcome in brief Thanks

blue10
Newly Registered

Post by blue10 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi,
I wonder if you guys can help me plz. my mother inlaw got refusal letter today :cry: .the decision is
You state your son inlaw my name is a german national. You have provided evidence that your sponsor holds a German passport. In order to meet the relevant EEA regulation 7(1) (c) you must demonstrate that you are a dependant direct family member of your sponsor and that your EEA sponsor is a qualified person. This mean relatives of the EEA national in the ascending line must be Dependent upon their sponsor. Financial Dependent should be interpreted as meaning that you need the financial support of the EEA national or his or her spouse/ civil partner in order to meet your essential needs in the country where you are present and that the sponsor will be able to support you once in the uk you state you are Dependent on your sponsor. As evidence of this,you have provided seven money transfers receipts,dated between January and July 2019 this limited amount of evidence in isolation does not prove that you are financially dependent on your sponsor. I would expect to see substantial evidence of this over a prolonged period,considering you state your sponsor has been in the United kingdom since 1 January 2007
Additionally,I note that you have not provided any evidence regarding your own financial situation such as bank statement or other documents indicating financial income and outgoing .in the absence of this evidence this department cannot sufficiently establish your Dependency,either wholly or party,upon your EEA sponsor because we are unable to establish if you need the financial support from the EEA national to meet your essential needs. Therefore refuse your EEA family permit application because I'm not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of regulation 12 see ECGs EUN2.23 of the immigration (European Economic Areas
I have 28 days right of appeal I'm very upset and stressed don't know what to.
Very appreciate if any one can help me plz
Do we need provided them money transfers receipts form 2007 since I'm here in the uk and mother in law bank stat too .

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Hello

I have been exposed to this EEA route as I brought someone from my family as an EEA dependent and I have seen the same used around me with various level of success or failure.

I don't recommend to anyone to apply by showing a few receipts from Western Union or similar. It doesn't work like that. The dependency has to be proved in stronger terms than that.

As an example, I send money to my non-EEA brother. I can log to by bank account and print the proof. Last payment was £3000 just a couple of months ago. Is he dependent? Can I apply for EEA permit for him? The answer to these questions is NO. Because my brother has a good job, owns a house, drives a nice car, travels... but just as I am better of I help him from time to time.

It's not enough to show that you are sending money. We send money to people who are not necessarily dependent. This is what stated in the refusal letter.

In a successful case, here are the type of proofs I sent:

- Account of the dependent showing that no other money is received than the one I sent. Plus, copies of my own account and receipts showing that the money is indeed coming from myself.

- Medical bills showing that the patient is my dependent but the corresponding financial receipts showing my name as the person who paid them. Plus, statements from my account showing the payments leaving.

- Education bills showing that my dependent is the student but the corresponding bills were under my name. Plus, the usual statements showing my account transactions for these payments.

- Legal documents from the court showing that I have the right to administer, manage... all affairs of my dependent and sign on his name...

These are just some of the documents. Nothing was faked here or could be faked. Genuine dependency automatically leaves a paper trail that gets massive and massive over time. It means that the dependency can be strongly demonstrated without a hint of a doubt.

This is what you need to aim for. As the for the length of that dependency, I would say the longer the better. Two years with a massive paper trail could be a good start.

blue10
Newly Registered

Post by blue10 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:51 am

Hello,
thank you very much Zerubbabel for your quick response this is really much appreciated.what is the best way to do appeal or reapply the case

marina31
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by marina31 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:42 am

Dear German National resident in the UK with a Non-EU mother in LawYou applied through a wrong scheme.
Admittingly, it might be very confusing during the application process online.

You have to apply for a Settled or Presettled status in the UK online first and then apply for the Settled status scheme EU Family permit. You have to give your settled status details in your mother -in law application.
It is better that you take the process into your own hands and download all the documents on-line yourself.
Numbers or letter which you would recieve. and of course you need to download the scan of your passport!
You dont even need to show the dependancy via that route. Only show your marriage certificate( Translated) and your wife's birth certificate( translated)
Good luck!
PS: You can try to appeal the previous scheme, but I am not experinced at that.
But Family Permit under the Settlement scheme is free!

blue10
Newly Registered

Post by blue10 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:38 am

thank you very much marina31 for your reply I have already settled status

Granted under the EU Settlement Scheme.
Details

You can live and work in the UK, and access public funds and services. There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK.

blue10
Newly Registered

Post by blue10 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:43 am

i did'nt know that i have to send settled status too :cry:

blue10
Newly Registered

Post by blue10 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:44 am

Im very confused . Can anyone advice me is it good way to apply now EU family Permit under the settlement scheme because I have already settlement status? Or reapply the same EEA family permit or reapply? Need help :cry:

blue10
Newly Registered

Post by blue10 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:51 am

Hello.
I apologise I post it on wrong place CR001 .I wonder if any one can help me plz. Hello ,
Everyone on this page as you knows guys. I applied EEA family permit for my Dependent mother inlaw and got refused on 27.08.2019 and I decided do not to go through appeal it's take too long . I want to reapply Visa under eu settlement status for my mother inlaw. She is currently living in Pakistan. I have settlement status nead your help if any one can guide me much appreciate . I went to a assistance if he can apply visa for my mother inlaw eu settlement family permit because my English is not very good and also I'm not good in computer. He said to me I can't apply eu settlement family permit for my mother inlaw if she has biometric or something with fingerprints then she is eligible to apply for that visa. What i read on urs post some people got successful family permit visa.i really appreciate if any one can guide me plz
Thanks a lots

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi, I am also planning to apply for parents in law, Better apply under EU settlement scheme, because they not refusing. And also I saw in this forum people got for parents under EU settlement scheme.

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi Blue

Hi, I am also planning to apply for parents in law, Better apply under EU settlement scheme, because they not refusing. And also I saw in this forum people got for parents under EU settlement scheme.

blue10
Newly Registered

Post by blue10 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:46 pm

thank you very much Enka for your reply I'm also going to apply under EU settlement family permit for mother inlaw. I hope this time it's work. :(

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:40 pm

blue10 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:51 am
Hello.
I apologise I post it on wrong place CR001 .I wonder if any one can help me plz. Hello ,
Everyone on this page as you knows guys. I applied EEA family permit for my Dependent mother inlaw and got refused on 27.08.2019 and I decided do not to go through appeal it's take too long . I want to reapply Visa under eu settlement status for my mother inlaw. She is currently living in Pakistan. I have settlement status nead your help if any one can guide me much appreciate . I went to a assistance if he can apply visa for my mother inlaw eu settlement family permit because my English is not very good and also I'm not good in computer. He said to me I can't apply eu settlement family permit for my mother inlaw if she has biometric or something with fingerprints then she is eligible to apply for that visa. What i read on urs post some people got successful family permit visa.i really appreciate if any one can guide me plz
Thanks a lots
Can you share the refusal letter please?

What's you own citizenship? Who is the EEA national in the story?

Roni8111
Newly Registered
Antigua & Barbuda

Post by Roni8111 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:04 am

blue10 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:46 pm
thank you very much Enka for your reply I'm also going to apply under EU settlement family permit for mother inlaw. I hope this time it's work. :(
Hi Blue!
Can you please update? Did you apply for your mother inlaw? Did you get the visa under EU settlement family permit? Please update as I'm also planning to apply the same FP for my mother inlaw, it would be of great help. Thanks.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:22 am

Hi please don't apply under EU law just follow the link below
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit
And apply under EU settlement scheme family permit not EU family permit. You don't need to many documents and free.