ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which way do I need to choose in order to apply long residence ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mario1986
Newly Registered

Which way do I need to choose in order to apply long residence ILR?

Post by mario1986 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:49 am

Hi all, my application of ILR Tier1 entrepreneur 50k has just been refused and I can do the administrative review within 14 days. But my solicitor told me that the possibility of win the case is very low. So I have to think about the backup.

I can apply ILR long residence in August 2020.

Now I have a PhD offer and I can switch my visa to Tier 4. But the university told me that I can only switch it in my home country. Also, I am not sure if I can get CAS number within 14 days.

My questions are
1) If I can get CAS and apply Tier 4 outside the UK within 14 days. Can I apply ILR long residence next year?

2) If I can't get CAS within 14 days. I have to do administrative review in order to continue to live in the UK. When I get CAS, I will apply Tier 4 outside the UK. The administrative review is still processing at that time. One of the solicitors told me that the administrative review will be withdrawn automatically when I leave the UK. and I will have overstayed since I got the refused decision. and I can't not apply ILR long residence next year. Is that true?

I have asked many solicitors and they told me two different answers. Some of them said my 10 years didn't break. However others said it breaks. I do need some experts to help me clarify.

3) If I do the administrative review and the result is negative. Do I still have 14 days to prepare a fresh application? If so, can I apply tier 4 outside the UK after I get the administrative review result? In this case, can I apply ILR long residence next year?

I appreciate if some experts could help me.

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Which way do I need to choose in order to apply long residence ILR?

Post by aman90 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:43 am

Really sorry to hear abt ur predicament.
Under 39E, you have 14 days to make an appeal or fresh application.
From my understanding ur period of overstaying begins from the date of refusal not from date of your valid leave expiry.

“end of any extension of leave under sections 3C or 3D of the Immigration Act 1971”

The fresh application, made within 14 days of AR refusal, must be successful to keep ur continuous residence intact.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 am

Exception for overstayers
39E. This paragraph applies where:
(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time; or
(2) the application was made:
(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time; and
(b) within 14 days of:
(i) the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing

dan883

Post by dan883 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:57 pm

mario1986 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:49 am
Hi all, my application of ILR Tier1 entrepreneur 50k has just been refused and I can do the administrative review within 14 days. But my solicitor told me that the possibility of win the case is very low. So I have to think about the backup.

Now I have a PhD offer and I can switch my visa to Tier 4. But the university told me that I can only switch it in my home country. Also, I am not sure if I can get CAS number within 14 days.

My questions are
1) If I can get CAS and apply Tier 4 outside the UK within 14 days. Can I apply ILR long residence next year?

2) If I can't get CAS within 14 days. I have to do administrative review in order to continue to live in the UK. When I get CAS, I will apply Tier 4 outside the UK. The administrative review is still processing at that time. One of the solicitors told me that the administrative review will be withdrawn automatically when I leave the UK. and I will have overstayed since I got the refused decision. and I can't not apply ILR long residence next year. Is that true?

I have asked many solicitors and they told me two different answers. Some of them said my 10 years didn't break. However others said it breaks. I do need some experts to help me clarify.

3) If I do the administrative review and the result is negative. Do I still have 14 days to prepare a fresh application? If so, can I apply tier 4 outside the UK after I get the administrative review result? In this case, can I apply ILR long residence next year?

I believe that your continuous residency will continue if you leave now and come back to the country within 6 months.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:12 pm

dan883 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:57 pm
I believe that your continuous residency will continue if you leave now and come back to the country within 6 months.
That would only be possible if OP leaves the country with valid leave.

mario1986
Newly Registered

Post by mario1986 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:08 pm

aman90 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 am
Exception for overstayers
39E. This paragraph applies where:
(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time; or
(2) the application was made:
(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time; and
(b) within 14 days of:
(i) the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing
Thank you for your information. Can I ask another question? If I go through the administrative review, do I have the right to work?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:26 pm

I suggest to apply for administrative review. Assuming your Tier 1 application was in-time, then your lawful residence under section 3C continues. In the meantime get your CAS sorted. When AR is concluded, leave the UK and apply online from home country within 14 days. If granted, your lawful residence will be preserved
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:47 pm

mario1986 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:49 am

My questions are

Hello mario1986,

Can you please share some of the information as I'm also waiting for decision on my ILR application.
1- what is the reason of refusal.
2- Did you receive complex issues letter before decision.
3- Interviewed at any stage.
4- when did you apply for ILR.

Please share your information. That will be a great help.

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:05 pm

I’m curious abt the refusal too. Is it something which can be overcome. Do discuss if ur comfortable?!

mario1986
Newly Registered

Post by mario1986 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:59 pm

I am now getting the CAS letter. and It's still within 14 days. Can I apply the Tier 4 visa overseas to make the continuity for 10 years?
(I will post the reason of refusal when everything is done.)

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:19 pm

mario1986 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:59 pm
I am now getting the CAS letter. and It's still within 14 days. Can I apply the Tier 4 visa overseas to make the continuity for 10 years?
(I will post the reason of refusal when everything is done.)
Didn't you read what I said above ???!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice