ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September Citizenship Ceremony 2019

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

botabo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: September Citizenship Ceremony 2019

Post by botabo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:21 pm

My application was accepted in June, next step is the Ceremony. Still waiting for the invitation letter.
I enquired a few times both with Inis and with the Immigrant Council of Ireland. I basically had the same answers that you guys got.
In the meantime, I decided to book accommodation in Killarney anyway. There is the possibility to cancel with no charge up to one week before date of staying. Accommodation prices are normal on the week before and the week later, while they are dearer around those days.
Hopefully we'll know something soon otherwise, hosting 3000-4000 people and moving them from different directions with short notice, can be quite chaotic.

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:37 pm

botabo wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:21 pm
In the meantime, I decided to book accommodation in Killarney anyway. There is the possibility to cancel with no charge up to one week before date of staying. Accommodation prices are normal on the week before and the week later, while they are dearer around those days.
I also have booked the hotel in Killarney last week.

But most chances are that I have to cancel it one week before the Sept ceremony.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:02 am

RajSingh1 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:25 pm
yala93 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:01 pm
Guys,

I spoke with my lawyer, he told me that there will be no approval until they figure out what to do with this new law.

I am on second stage from June as many of you here.
This entire system is a bloody joke. In every other EU country if you apply for citizenship it takes maximum 6 months to make a decision. But here in Ireland we have been waiting to get a decision for more than 3 years. The contact number for citizenship department is just waste of time they don't have a single clue about our file or the email they say the same copy paste reply to everyone as if you are talking to a robot.
Only few thousand people apply for Irish citizenship but still the process is too slow while in other EU countries half a million people apply and get it sorted within a year. Most likely they will cancel the September ceremony.
Agreed - The whole INIS system is a disaster. They have lost all of their credibility and they have started to keep the applicants in the dark and deceive and dodge them. Copying/Pasting and lying is no longer a big problem for them. I feel sorry for the applicants who pay them nearly a thousand euro plus and keep their business running.

ericanquetil
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ericanquetil » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:51 am

Phaedra wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:58 am
Hi guys,

So I received my letter to say the "minister intends to grant your" to which of course I promptly responded with everything they needed and paid (within 2 days). I also had this sent via registered post and have several emails confirming the photos and payment was received.

However since then, I have received nothing and I am sure like the rest of you - am anxiously awaiting my invitation to the ceremonies. I applied last year August and honestly, this entire process has taken a lot longer than it did for several of my friends who applied (Zimbabwean/US/UK citizen) - I realise each application is unique (and Brexit & the cour ruling has probably delayed everything further) but this limbo has been pretty tough.

Just to confirm, no one has received an invitation yet? I have anxiously been checking the post everyday.

Just gotta stay positive I guess. :)
Hi Phaedra, just to let you know I am in exactly the same place -- got letter in May, sent fee and photos registered post. Just got an email confirming they received the fee and documents after nearly 4 months of enquiring. No news on a ceremony yet.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:33 am

Alixlboy wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:02 am
RajSingh1 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:25 pm
yala93 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:01 pm
Guys,

I spoke with my lawyer, he told me that there will be no approval until they figure out what to do with this new law.

I am on second stage from June as many of you here.
This entire system is a bloody joke. In every other EU country if you apply for citizenship it takes maximum 6 months to make a decision. But here in Ireland we have been waiting to get a decision for more than 3 years. The contact number for citizenship department is just waste of time they don't have a single clue about our file or the email they say the same copy paste reply to everyone as if you are talking to a robot.
Only few thousand people apply for Irish citizenship but still the process is too slow while in other EU countries half a million people apply and get it sorted within a year. Most likely they will cancel the September ceremony.
Agreed - The whole INIS system is a disaster. They have lost all of their credibility and they have started to keep the applicants in the dark and deceive and dodge them. Copying/Pasting and lying is no longer a big problem for them. I feel sorry for the applicants who pay them nearly a thousand euro plus and keep their business running.
I also agree that this is one of the most badly managed government processes I have ever encountered. The lack of transparency around the whole process along with the constant change in position on the status of applications is very frustrating and gives the impression that these people don't know what they are doing. We can only hope and pray that this ordeal ends soon for us all!

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi all.
Can someone tell me what is the next stage called after second stage letter. What happens after second stage letter?

Thanks

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:46 pm

The stages are not set in stone. The stage after second stage is advanced stage where the processing is finished and the file is waiting to be approved by supervisor and then passed to minister for signing.
One think that surely will happen after second stage is wait. Be patient

saleamcrown
Ireland

Post by saleamcrown » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:23 pm

ericanquetil wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:51 am
Phaedra wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:58 am
Hi guys,

So I received my letter to say the "minister intends to grant your" to which of course I promptly responded with everything they needed and paid (within 2 days). I also had this sent via registered post and have several emails confirming the photos and payment was received.

However since then, I have received nothing and I am sure like the rest of you - am anxiously awaiting my invitation to the ceremonies. I applied last year August and honestly, this entire process has taken a lot longer than it did for several of my friends who applied (Zimbabwean/US/UK citizen) - I realise each application is unique (and Brexit & the cour ruling has probably delayed everything further) but this limbo has been pretty tough.

Just to confirm, no one has received an invitation yet? I have anxiously been checking the post everyday.

Just gotta stay positive I guess. :)
Hi Phaedra, just to let you know I am in exactly the same place -- got letter in May, sent fee and photos registered post. Just got an email confirming they received the fee and documents after nearly 4 months of enquiring. No news on a ceremony yet.
Hi
I did what you did in June but i did not goy any email from them 🙄

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:42 pm

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:46 pm
The stages are not set in stone. The stage after second stage is advanced stage where the processing is finished and the file is waiting to be approved by supervisor and then passed to minister for signing.
One think that surely will happen after second stage is wait. Be patient
thanks. But one thing i am interested in is , when my case went to second stage, i got the letter for that. does any other letter exist when the case goes to the next stage? Like, letter for approval, or letter for advances investigation?

Thanks

Leswan09
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by Leswan09 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:47 pm

HI guys,
Does anyone know what final stage means?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:08 am

Leswan09 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:47 pm
HI guys,
Does anyone know what final stage means?
ireland/citizenship-application-process ... 73543.html

Also unclear why all sorts of queries are being posted in this thread when it is specifically for the September ceremony and those who got approval and invite!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:33 am

I call today and still they don't know about the Sept ceremony.

and advice me to visit the INIS website everyday......

botabo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by botabo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:38 am

aneelrahim wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:33 am

Thank you for sharing.
It's good that I've found this page, that saves me from keeping calling the office twice a week every week.

Fountainhill
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Fountainhill » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:41 am

Hi .....I called and called and had no reply .
I somehow feel like the September ceremony might be pushed to October ....

dianajak
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by dianajak » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:44 pm

botabo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:38 am
aneelrahim wrote:

Thank you for sharing.
It's good that I've found this page, that saves me from keeping calling the office twice a week every week.
Guys, just because you keep calling does not mean that they will have an answer for you. The people at the end of the phone probably have about as much information as any of us. All you are doing is delaying people getting through to INIS that are looking for a genuine update on their application.
Given the current situation, it is common sense that the September ceremony is unlikely to go ahead as they simply won't have enough time to issue approvals and invites in time for end of September as the issue that has caused this delay still has to be dealt with first and foremost.

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:07 pm

dianajak wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:44 pm

All you are doing is delaying people getting through to INIS that are looking for a genuine update on their application.
You will not get genuine update by phone. I am calling from last 1 year. Every week I get different story.

I think currently they are not doing any work and just waiting for the update on Court decision

Omad24
Afghanistan

Post by Omad24 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:10 pm

dianajak wrote:
botabo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:38 am
aneelrahim wrote:

Thank you for sharing.
Guys, just because you keep calling does not mean that they will have an answer for you. The people at the end of the phone probably have about as much information as any of us. All you are doing is delaying people getting through to INIS that are looking for a genuine update on their application.
Given the current situation, it is common sense that the September ceremony is unlikely to go ahead as they simply won't have enough time to issue approvals and invites in time for end of September as the issue that has caused this delay still has to be dealt with first and foremost.
You just said it yourself they have no real information. Sometimes you get lucky and they tell you something they shouldn’t but generally it the same thing every time you call.

Also people need to stop looking at the boards for whether or not approvals have been sent out. There is plenty of people that received approval and is waiting for invitation including myself.

Whether it’s a go ahead or not will be decided on their website. Killarney convention still said it’s a go ahead. Even if they where to cancel they’ll most likely reschedule sooner rather then later. So many people have sent out the ids

irishsaint
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by irishsaint » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:28 pm

aneelrahim wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:07 pm
dianajak wrote:

All you are doing is delaying people getting through to INIS that are looking for a genuine update on their application.
You will not get genuine update by phone. I am calling from last 1 year. Every week I get different story.

I think currently they are not doing any work and just waiting for the update on Court decision
As lax as their responses maybe, I very much doubt they are not working.

In my mind, the approved list for the ceremony has been made and they are waiting for confirmation for
go-ahead.

Fountainhill
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Fountainhill » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:41 pm

Well ...well ...Why should a person not call . Everybody is in doubt . So calling and asking on the board has no negative effect on ones application . It gives hope to those that are waiting .

eraylankester

Post by eraylankester » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:55 am

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.iris ... 3fmode=amp

So, basically, they’re not in too much of a rush. No idea how this leaves the upcoming ceremonies. If they aren’t going to approve any more applications, or confer citizenship on those already approved, until the law is passed why not just say so and update their website accordingly?

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:35 pm

I am still hopefully until they put something on website.

May be the people who get approval before court rulling get invitation for
Small ceremony like waterford ceremony.

There is no harm to see dreams.

eraylankester

Post by eraylankester » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:37 am

The minister would have known the typical timescales for passing similar legislation when making the July statement, so stating that the September ceremony was intended to proceed must mean that it was considered a possibility, even if the legislation wasn’t passed.

INIS will need to announce something this week - currently both INIS and Killarney websites give the 30th as the next date, with Killarney encouraging people to reserve accommodation. There must be hundreds of people who paid and submitted cards etc. They are likely (in my opinion) trying to hold off until they can confirm a rescheduled date in the same announcement.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:03 am

aneelrahim wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:35 pm
I am still hopefully until they put something on website.

May be the people who get approval before court rulling get invitation for
Small ceremony like waterford ceremony.

There is no harm to see dreams.

The approvals given out are conditional approvals. They will not be valid until the oath taken in the ceremony. So they cannot call those people for ceremony until the legislation is passed

eraylankester

Post by eraylankester » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:54 am

Depends on the definition of a ministerial ‘decision’, which is distinct from an approval. Ministerial decisions are usually not retrospectively affected by new legal judgments. But that’s one for the constitutional experts/legal team lol.

Either way, INIS need to say something this week. Hopeful that if the ceremony is postponed it will only be until October at the latest.

botabo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by botabo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:07 pm

I keep searching daily on the news, finally I've found this article:
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... -1.4010171