ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for UK Spouse Visa and declared previous overstay 12 Years ago

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FrancoisMartin
Newly Registered
South Africa

Application for UK Spouse Visa and declared previous overstay 12 Years ago

Post by FrancoisMartin » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:09 am

Good Morning to all,

I have recently (yesterday) submitted my application for a UK Spouse Visa checking all the relevant requirements pertaining, financial, residency and relationship and submitted my application with the help of an Immigration Lawyer.

The only concern I have is that my declaration in my application of overstaying might affect my application.

Could anyone please share advise on this?

Thanks

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: Application for UK Spouse Visa and declared previous overstay 12 Years ago

Post by Jaune08 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:30 am

FrancoisMartin wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:09 am
The only concern I have is that my declaration in my application of overstaying might affect my application.
It depends on the circumstances that surround the overstay. What I’ve seen, it’s that HO will look if you overstay under a tourist visa and for how long, but major events that negatively impact on visa applications are whether you work illegally or received medical treatment and don’t paying it. Are any of those applicable to your case? For how long did you overstay?

FrancoisMartin
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by FrancoisMartin » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:30 am

Jaune08 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:30 am
FrancoisMartin wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:09 am
It depends on the circumstances that surround the overstay. What I’ve seen, it’s that HO will look if you overstay under a tourist visa and for how long, but major events that negatively impact on visa applications are whether you work illegally or received medical treatment and don’t paying it. Are any of those applicable to your case? For how long did you overstay?
I overstayed on a working visa and did work for 4 months(overstayed), did not receive any medical treatment

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:33 am

Overstaying and working illegally are not a good combination to have in your history.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FrancoisMartin
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by FrancoisMartin » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:04 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:33 am
Overstaying and working illegally are not a good combination to have in your history.
Dear CR001,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

Yes I agree, I made a wrong decision then based on circumstances that applied in my life then, still I know it was not a good one.

Just a question, is there a period applicable for the review of your application or does this not apply? I have seen so many comments and or advise on the net, some indicating that only the last 10 years are applicable for reviewing etc, just wanted to confirm the actual rules applied.

Kind Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:14 am

FrancoisMartin wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:04 am

I have seen so many comments and or advise on the net, some indicating that only the last 10 years are applicable for reviewing etc, just wanted to confirm the actual rules applied.

Kind Regards
No. That question usually be asked that have you ever lived/entered/worked illegally. I think they only interested in your travel history or absence during the last 10 years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pinksunflower
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by pinksunflower » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Good luck FrancoisMartin. You did the right thing by being honest on your application. I hope you get the visa, please keep us updated.