ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australia eVisitor granted but made an error in the application form

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leavetoremain

Australia eVisitor granted but made an error in the application form

Post by leavetoremain » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:07 pm

British Citizen and Passport holder here. Just applied Australia eVisitor VISA via online.immi.gov.au which has been granted. Status clearly says Granted.

Just noticed that I made a mistake in the country of birth. Site only allows us to update email, passport details and address.

Wondering if I should leave it as-is or contact immi support as I am a bit concerned that I might be denied entry in Immigration.

Please help.

speedsound
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Australia eVisitor granted but made an error in the application form

Post by speedsound » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:28 pm

There are few things you can do,

1. (riskietst option)leave it as is, and sort it once you are at the border in Australia, (depends if wrong country was just under or above your actual country of birth) can be considered minor mistake as long as other details are correct.

2. write an email/phone to the dept and explain they may be able to make amendments or will issue an exemption or something similar.

3. reapply if possible
https://www.eta.homeaffairs.gov.au/ETAS ... ?locale=en

Abhiviza
Newly Registered
India

Re: Australia eVisitor granted but made an error in the application form

Post by Abhiviza » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:49 am

leavetoremain wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:07 pm
British Citizen and Passport holder here. Just applied Australia eVisitor VISA via online.immi.gov.au which has been granted. Status clearly says Granted.

Just noticed that I made a mistake in the country of birth. Site only allows us to update email, passport details and address.

Wondering if I should leave it as-is or contact immi support as I am a bit concerned that I might be denied entry in Immigration.

Please help.
In my view reach to the concerned department for the correction as it might create an issue later on.