ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirmation of biometrics appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tomm28
Newly Registered

Application wait time

Post by tomm28 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi,

My spouse submitted the ILR application [ set(M) ], and attended biometrics appointment with UKVCAS in May. It's been over 3 months, and well over 60 working days. We haven't had anything back from the Home Office yet.

How long are we supposed to wait before contacting HO? I can't seem to find any guidance about that. I didn't expect the processing time to be this long, and technically the current visa expires sometime next month.

Also, it looks like the home office email service is only for applications from outside the UK? Is there no way to contact them in writing about the application from inside the UK?

Would appreciate advice.

Thanks.

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Application wait time

Post by Archer1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:13 pm

tomm28 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:07 pm
Hi,

My spouse submitted the ILR application [ set(M) ], and attended biometrics appointment with UKVCAS in May. It's been over 3 months, and well over 60 working days. We haven't had anything back from the Home Office yet.

How long are we supposed to wait before contacting HO? I can't seem to find any guidance about that. I didn't expect the processing time to be this long, and technically the current visa expires sometime next month.

Also, it looks like the home office email service is only for applications from outside the UK? Is there no way to contact them in writing about the application from inside the UK?

Would appreciate advice.

Thanks.
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
__A

tomm28
Newly Registered

Confirmation of biometrics appointment

Post by tomm28 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:36 pm

My spouse submitted an application for ILR (at the earliest permissible date) in April, and attended the BRP appointment with UKVCAS and submitted all the scanned documents shortly thereafter. We never received any confirmation in writing that the documents had been submitted (from UKVCAS to the Home Office). That didn't really register with me at the time, as I thought the application would be approved/rejected before the current leave expired.

Can someone who has gone through the appointment with UKVCAS please let me know if they received an email confirmation or otherwise after their appointment?

The current BRP expires this month, and we still have not received a response to the application from the Home Office. If we call the phone number, on the Home Office website it just asks if the application is within the standard processing time (6 months) which it is. Then it says they can't answers answer questions until after that period (or something to that effect).

The fact we don't have proof that we did everything we were supposed to on our end, makes me uncomfortable. I am imagining a situation where my spouse has stayed in the UK beyond the current leave expiry date (awaiting visa decision), and then the HO saying they never received the documents and my spouse has overstayed illegally. It just makes me uncomfortable.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confirmation of biometrics appointment

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Can someone who has gone through the appointment with UKVCAS please let me know if they received an email confirmation or otherwise after their appointment?
You don't get one.

On what date exactly did your spouse enter the UK on her spouse settlement visa??

Did she submit all the correct LIUK and English B1 language test (If applicable)?

Have you moved properties or anything since she applied?
I am imagining a situation where my spouse has stayed in the UK beyond the current leave expiry date (awaiting visa decision), and then the HO saying they never received the documents and my spouse has overstayed illegally. It just makes me uncomfortable.
It doesn't make her an overstayer if she submitted an application before her visa expires, which means once her visa expires, she is protected under section 3C of the immigration rules, i.e. existing visa conditions continue till HO make a decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tomm28
Newly Registered

Post by tomm28 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:53 pm

At the end of May 2014 on the 5 year route.

We submitted the stamped and signed LIUK test pass notification letter, and degree certificate from a UK university which meets the requirements for English language test.

We haven't moved since the latest application. We did move between the previous application and the most recent one (and submitted the appropriate evidence of cohabitation).

I was under the impression (as you say) that she wouldn't be an overstayer in these circumstances.

However, I am not comfortable that it would be difficult for me to prove that the application was correctly submitted if it was disputed. I feel like UKVCAS should really provide a confirmation email on successful submission!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:27 pm

At the end of May 2014 on the 5 year route.
What date exactly did she enter the UK in May 2014?

What date exactly did you submit and pay online for ilr on set m?

And just to double check, she came on a 33 months spouse visa in 2014 and not an initial 6 month fiance visa to marry first??

Have you checked all your emails and spam and junk folders to make sure there is no correspondence from ho asking for additional information?

Are you sure the email address you put in the form didn't contain any errors?

Have you contacted your MP to ask them to follow up with HO in your behalf?

If HO write to you by post, it comes in a brown envelop second class post usually and looks similar to junkmail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tomm28
Newly Registered

Post by tomm28 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:42 pm

I don't like being too specific with information related to the application on a public forum. Call me paranoid. We submitted the application within (i.e. less than) 28 days prior to completing 5 calendar years in the UK (if that is what you are driving at).

Yes, entry to the UK was on the 33 months spouse visa, not a fiance visa.

I'll check spam folders. If it's older than 30 days most spam folders automatically delete :shock:

I've double checked email addresses and phone numbers we submitted just now. These are definitely correct.

No I haven't contacted my MP - should I?

We wouldn't have thrown out any envelopes without opening them to check first.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:53 pm

No I haven't contacted my MP - should I?
Yes you should. You might also want to make sure any letters haven't been delivered to any neighbours in error and they haven't informed you (yes this happens more often than you would think).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Swardfish
Newly Registered

Post by Swardfish » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:17 am

Hi,
I am in a similar situation. It's been over 3 months now since I submitted my biomatrics. I wasn't given any confirmation for attending biomatrics. At the end of the biomatrics I was told that my application has now been submitted to homeoffice. I haven't received a single email or post from homeoffice or UKVCAS stating that my application has been submitted and under process. I have been checking my spam folder and emails regularly. I tried to contact both UKVCAS and homeoffice but was told they can't do anything for at least 6 months. Once the 6 months are passed they can answer my query. I am wondering if you are working and your employer ask you for your current visa status, you have nothing to provide them to prove that you have submitted your application and it is under process.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Normally UKVI sends out acknowledgment emails..at some point after submission and many times they don’t.
UKVCAS’s only role is to forward scanned documents to HO so don’t expect a confirmation from them.
If the fees have NOT been debited by UKVI/HO then I would be worried.
You could always complain about their service standards..