ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre settled status and state benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Darasimidd

Pre settled status and state benefits

Post by Darasimidd » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi I am in need of advise. I am currently in receipt of carers allowance as a carer of my British child with special needs. We are in receipt of income support and housing benefit as well. I applied for zambrano carer pre settled status and I have recently read online that u are not allowed state benefits under pre settled zambrano. Can someone please enlighten me on this. I am considering withdrawing my zambrano application if it will make me lose the housing benefit because I presently hold 2.5 year leave to remain . Will I lose right to public funds if I get zambrano pre settled status ?

Casa

Re: Pre settled status and state benefits

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:09 am

Unless you are an EU citizen, you don't qualify for pre-settled status if your child is British. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:55 pm

Darasimidd wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:34 pm
Hi I am in need of advise. I am currently in receipt of carers allowance as a carer of my British child with special needs. We are in receipt of income support and housing benefit as well. I applied for zambrano carer pre settled status and I have recently read online that u are not allowed state benefits under pre settled zambrano. Can someone please enlighten me on this. I am considering withdrawing my zambrano application if it will make me lose the housing benefit because I presently hold 2.5 year leave to remain . Will I lose right to public funds if I get zambrano pre settled status ?
Google euss zambrano and read benifet update 2019. Zambrano with pre settle status not qualified but u can haveboth card same time.

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:52 am

Google EU Settlement Scheme zambrano and read benifet update 2019. Zambrano with pre settle status not qualified but u can haveboth card same time.
[/quote]
Thanks for your response, I am still waiting for thir decision