ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

a--R

Wife ILR

Post by a--R » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi ALL,

I am hoping to apply ILR for my wife based on 10 Years rule next year and would like some feedbacks on my child who was born abroad and currently on dependent visa in FLR M category.

I am British Citizen along with another child who was born at the time when i had ILR so hes got british citizenship as well.

At the time my abroad child born i was on PSW visa , so she came to UK on dependent visa since than carry on extension with wife on dependent route.

once my wife Apply for ILR next year, does my child need to apply for ILR also or she can wait until wife gets ILR and then apply by filling MN1?

Thanks,
AR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wife ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:10 pm

Child will need to apply for ilr on form SET F.

Children born abroad have no entitlement to register as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

a--R

Post by a--R » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks CR

even though she is in country for over 7 year?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:15 pm

There is no 7 year rule for citizenship.

Children born abroad are expected to hold ilr first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.