ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee visa - financial requirements HELP!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alena-89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Fiancee visa - financial requirements HELP!

Post by Alena-89 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:39 am

Hi, everyone!

I ask you for help.
My partner and I decided to apply for fiancee visa and prepared all essential documents.
The last was a payslip for August and here we felt a panic, because in August, due to illness, he was paid less than in other months.

Mar 1818.75
Apl 2015.03
May 1874.04
June 1874.04
July 1874.04
August 365.69

According to appendix 2 I understand the way they assess financial income is by taking the lowest monthly salary and x 12? How do you think they will straight up reject my application based on this?
I forgot to say that our category A (salaried)

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Fiancee visa - financial requirements HELP!

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:25 pm

Most wages figures are identical and also if the employer letter is stating your basic/fixed wages then HO will consider you as salaried person and will take the lowest wages figure which won't meet the requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alena-89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by Alena-89 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Thank you

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:13 pm

From the Immigration Rules:

5.5.19. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission
to work) is in receipt of maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay, or has been so in the 6
months prior to the date of application, the relevant date for considering the length of
employment and the income from the employment can be either:
• The date of application; or
• The date of commencement of the maternity, paternity, adoption or sick leave.

AND
5.5.21. Any period of unpaid maternity, paternity, adoption, parental or sick leave in the 12
months prior to the date of application will not be counted towards any period relating to
employment, or any period relating to income from employment, for which Appendix
FMSE provides. For example, if a person takes 2 weeks’ unpaid parental leave, this
period will be discounted and will not be considered to have broken any continuous
period relating to their employment or to their income from employment, and the person
can show that they meet the annualised average income required over a period of 6
months and 2 weeks prior to the date of application.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:51 pm

Above google led official quote I quoted at several threads which only applicable where the employer has been given sufficient proof of illness like from hospital/gp who in response confirm it on employer letter pacifically addressing to ukvi.

6. In respect of statutory or contractual sick pay in the UK all of the following must
be provided:
(a) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at
paragraph 6(b), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of
the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(b) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application or to the commencement of the
sick leave, if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for at least 6
months (and where paragraph 13(b) does not apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of
application or to the commencement of the sick leave, if the applicant has been
employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the
person does not rely on paragraph 13(a)).
(c) A letter from employer confirming:
(i) the length of the person's employment;
(ii)the gross annual salary and the period over which it has been paid at this level; (iii)
that the person is in receipt of statutory or contractual sick pay; and (iv) the date of
commencement of the sick leave.
Note:As mentioned above that without illness evidence with employer confirmation above quote won't apply
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alena-89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by Alena-89 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:06 pm

Thank your for answers and advice )