ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Advice Please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Manu_cal
Mood:
India

ILR Application Advice Please

Post by Manu_cal » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have applied for my ILR today at Croydon . SET (LR) Super Priority. No issues with Gaps or any past refusals ( Previous In time Appeals and AR approved on Tier 1 Dependent )

Now what I think is I have made an error in filling the application form in the part it -
says have you ever been refused visa for UK or any other country?

Well we ( My Mrs as a student and I as Dependent) came in Sep 2009 to Uk but before that my Mrs was refused a student visa for Newzealand in July 2009 and at that time ( I dont know whats the procedure now ) student was granted a visa first and then the dependent. So I am 90% sure I never applied for a NZ visa during that time but while making the ILR application because I was not 100% not sure I have mentioned that my NZ was refused rather than not mentioning it.
Note : when we applied the student visa for my wife for UK in Sep 2009 we did disclose the NZ student visa was refused.

I will probably get to know by Monday or Tuesday what happens, but any thoughts if that may effect the ILR ?
In the meantime I have written an email to NZ High commission in Delhi with my previous Passport details to confirm if I was ever refused a visa .

Any thoughts please ? Anyone with similar experience.
Thanks in Advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR Application Advice Please

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 pm

If you had not applied then it cannot be refused. Regarding your partner's refusal you dont need to include it as yours.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Manu_cal
Mood:
India

Post by Manu_cal » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 pm
If you had not applied then it cannot be refused. Regarding your partner's refusal you dont need to include it as yours.
Thanks for the reply . Yes that's a mistake I made thinking I had received the refusal with my partner.
This is now more than 10 years before applying to UK. My only intention was not to provide wrong or conceal information.
Hopefully if it didn't effect my initial application in 2009 to UK it shouldn't have any effect now.

Manu_cal
Mood:
India

Post by Manu_cal » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:54 am

ILR Approved today.
Right to work website was updated at 10;00am and received the email 20 mins later.
So the refusal mentioned in the application form did not have any effect. Although I wasnt refused a NZ visa since I never applied one, but I guess I was more worried about deception than the refusal.

This website is a real encyclopedia for Immigration matters. keep up the good work.
Good Luck Everyone.