ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Counting 30 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leon2019

Marriage certificate translation and apostille

Post by leon2019 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Dear all,

Our marriage certificate is in Ukrainian language which was officially translated into English and legally apostilled in Ukraine. It was accepted by the Home Office when we applied for spouse visa.

We have to apply for extension now but the problem is we don't have the marriage certificate translation with apostille on its back. We have original marriage certificate in Ukrainian language and also have color photocopy of English translation.

The originnal translation of the document was kept by the family court when i applied for my daughter's adoption.

I wonder if it will be accpeted for extension as I believe I only have to scan and submit rather than sending them paper form documents. Please anybody can share their expert thoughts...thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Marriage certificate translation and apostille

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:16 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:23 pm
I believe I only have to scan and submit rather than sending them paper form documents.
Yes copy will work
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 pm

Thanks Seagul for your advice.

Just one more thing. Will we need to send a copy of translation by post or will it just be scanned and submitted online?? please ..thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 pm
it just be scanned and submitted online
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

leon2019

Biometric appoitment document check???

Post by leon2019 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:30 am

Dear Members,

Thanks for your all the help so far in future.

I unnderstand that we have to submit all the supporting documents by scanning it and downloading onto online application and then submit finally. I wonder if we have to take all the supporting documents to our biometric appointment as well??? If yes, then will we get them back straihtaway after the biometric staff has checked them???....

I am British and have two British childern and I will be applying for my wife's spouse visa extension after two and half years... Will I need to include my kids details and scan and submit their passports and documents???

Mnay thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Biometric appoitment document check???

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:24 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:30 am
Dear Members,

Thanks for your all the help so far in future.

I unnderstand that we have to submit all the supporting documents by scanning it and downloading onto online application and then submit finally. I wonder if we have to take all the supporting documents to our biometric appointment as well??? If yes, then will we get them back straihtaway after the biometric staff has checked them???....

I am British and have two British childern and I will be applying for my wife's spouse visa extension after two and half years... Will I need to include my kids details and scan and submit their passports and documents???

Mnay thanks
You can either scan & upload the documents by yourself before biometrics appointments or buy their (UKVCAS) documents scanning service. In both cases take the originals/copies with you for just in case. Yes they will hand back you all of the documents if you chooses their scanning service. Even your children are British but application will still ask their detail and also no harm in attaching few of documents relating to them but still without these I don't think will there be any affect because its partner visa application instead parent visa application.

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:39 pm

Thanks a lot Seagul,

To my understanding so far from the posts. If I scan and upload the documents, then I will have to send the documents by post as well. If UKVAS scans and uploads, then they will return us the documents straightaway. Is that the case??..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:21 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:39 pm
Thanks a lot Seagul,

To my understanding so far from the posts. If I scan and upload the documents, then I will have to send the documents by post as well.
No more post which is the purpose of this new system.
leon2019 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:39 pm
If UKVAS scans and uploads, then they will return us the documents straightaway. Is that the case??..
yes

Read about it in full details here:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/o ... eDocuments

leon2019

Two jobs and wife's spouse visa extension?

Post by leon2019 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:34 pm

Dear Memebers,

I am going to extend my wife's spouses visa after two and half years which is due to expire end of december 2019.

I have two jobs, one full time and the other part time. My full time job is weekly paid variable income earning between 28000 to 30000 a year depending on how much overtime i do in my first job.

In second job I just started about 7 months ago and I hardly work there. I do odd shifts occasionally which is at a pertrol station. Some months the income from second job would be around 300 to 400 pppounds and sometime it would be just zero, depending on the shifts i do.

I have noticed from this forus taht UKVI is asking for one year payslips and bank statements as in the past it used be just six months. My quesstion is how i will have to calculate my variable non salaried income? What category will it fall in??

I don't want to confuse UKVI. Will I just show my main job payslips and income and leave second job out?? Plase advice anyone as i will be grateful for yoru help.

thanks

geoeng
Canada

Re: Two jobs and wife's spouse visa extension?

Post by geoeng » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:37 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:34 pm
I have noticed from this forus taht UKVI is asking for one year payslips and bank statements as in the past it used be just six months. My quesstion is how i will have to calculate my variable non salaried income? What category will it fall in??
Not the case. 6 months vs. 1 year of payslips applies to different categories of meeting the financial requirements. Provided you have been with your current employer in the full time job, you can apply under category A and only provide 6 months worth of payslips. The income that can be counted towards the financial requirement is calculated as: (Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement. There is an example calculation in the guidance here in example c on page 22:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
leon2019 wrote:
I don't want to confuse UKVI. Will I just show my main job payslips and income and leave second job out?? Plase advice anyone as i will be grateful for yoru help.
If the income from the calculation above meets the financial requirements, yes only include those and leave the second job out.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:50 pm

leon2019 wrote:

I have two jobs, one full time and the other part time. My full time job is weekly paid variable income earning between 28000 to 30000 a year depending on how much overtime i do in my first job.
Only use the income of above job which alone is sufficient. If you have fixed wages (salaried person) and also earning overtime on top of it then the formula suggested by previous member will only applies to your overtime only otherwise (if none-salaried person/not fixed wages) then to your entire income. Use the following formula for weekly income under none-salaried person method:

Total income/overtime from last 26 weeks/26*52= Average annualized income/overtime

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:44 pm

Thanks a lot seagul and other members,

I think I will just put my first full time job as I earn enough to prove financial requirement. Another thing, do i have to mention somewhere in the forms my second job ??? or do i have to inform them in additional info ??

Also we don't have enough joint corresspondence. I read somewhere that we need 12 letters from both of us.

How many different departments or organizations these 12 letters should be adddressed to both of us... please can someone explaain and how to spread them over two and half years...

thx

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:51 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:44 pm
Another thing, do i have to mention somewhere in the forms my second job ??? or do i have to inform them in additional info ??
no
leon2019 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:44 pm
Also we don't have enough joint correspondence. I read somewhere that we need 12 letters from both of us.

How many different departments or organisations these 12 letters should be addressed to both of us... please can someone explain and how to spread them over two and half years...
You have to attach either 6 piece of documents (if jointly address) or 12 (if individually addressed) from at least three sources covering the last 2 years. Also you can combine either joint or individually named documents to meet the cohabitation requirement. These documents can be from any sources even other than the utility bills/council tax/bank statements.

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:02 pm

Thanks a lot seagul, very much appreciate your help always... you have been on this forum for a long time helping people. i sought your help for myself in 2007, long time and now i am asking for my wife's visa extension.. great job!

6 documents or 12 documents .. that's all??.. i have collected every piece of paper that drops through our letterbox... hundreds of letter jointly named and individually...

that means one letter with three to four months gap??...

How long is it taking for extension to come through these days??...

another question... will my wife be able to apply for british citizenship straight after getting her ILR after 5 years (2.5 + 2.5)??...

thx

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:11 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:02 pm
8 weeks on standard service.

leon2019 wrote:
another question... will my wife be able to apply for british citizenship straight after getting her ILR after 5 years (2.5 + 2.5)??...
Yes, if she meets the English requirements + Life in the UK test for ILR, then yes. She can apply straight after getting ILR.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:25 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Thanks a lot seagul, very much appreciate your help always... you have been on this forum for a long time helping people. i sought your help for myself in 2007, long time and now i am asking for my wife's visa extension.. great job!

6 documents or 12 documents .. that's all??.. i have collected every piece of paper that drops through our letterbox... hundreds of letter jointly named and individually...

that means one letter with three to four months gap??...
Correct. Don't attach the documents too much than the requirement rather slightly above will be fine. Simply keep attaching each document in joint name/2 documents in individually names with 3-4 months gap.
leon2019 wrote:
A lot of threads about it but according to members its 8 weeks. You can also take prompt decision through super decision service with additional cost.
leon2019 wrote:

thx
She can apply the next day after getting the ILR. If she hasn't yet completed her life in uk test then she should start preparing it from now and even can pass before ILR which has no expiry. Also make sure that for current application (flrm) she must have passed A2/B1 ielts life skills otherwise HO will transfer her to 10 years of route. Good luck

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:49 am

hi guys,

am I completing the correct form for my wife's extension visa after two and a half years... web link is :

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1528321723

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Yes, that is the correct link to submit an application for FLR(M) from within the UK (an extension to a spouse visa).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:05 pm

thanks geoeng,

I have encountered a question.... What is the start date of your current visa or leave to remain? (Required)
Enter date in the format DD MM YYYY...

what date would that be?... visa issue date??.... arrival in the UK date?? or biometric card issue date???

please help...thx

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:14 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:05 pm

visa issue date

leon2019

Counting 30 months

Post by leon2019 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:53 pm

My wife was granted a spouse visa for 2.5 years. She entered the UK on spouse visa on 20th April 2017. Her BRP expires on 29th December 2020.

I just want to know when we can apply for her extension as I am confused about counting 30 months.. please help ..thx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Counting 30 months

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:07 pm

No sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence counted from the date she entered the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:09 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:53 pm
20th April 2017.
+30 months - 28 days= 22nd Sep 2020

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 pm

Thanks for your reply.

my wife entered 20-04-2017.. therefore 30 months of residence was 20th October 2019?? please help me to count correct... Her residence card expires on 29th Dec. 2019... i am very much panicning

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Please can someone adivce that whether we will be ok to apply this month for extension as my wife's BRP is still valid until 29th Dec. 2019... have we messed it up by leaving it too late...?? can we still apply for extention?? please help...