ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (G) -> Set (LR) - What happens in the mean time?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

trawlerme
Mood:

Tier 2 (G) -> Set (LR) - What happens in the mean time?

Post by trawlerme » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Tier 2 General leave to remain expires in October 2019. (Initial three years COS)
-
SET (LR) application already made. Super Priority - 5 five working days in as of yesterday.
Not had a single response from UKVI since the payment acknowledgement email for the application.
I understand the applicant can continue to have leave to remain under Tier 2 General until a decision is made. Section 3C provisions, is it not?
  • May I ask, what if the employer is no longer interested in keeping the position open?
  • And obviously what happens if the job itself disintegrates and the initial three year COS terms comes to an end before SET (LR) decision is made?
:|

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 (G) -> Set (LR) - What happens in the mean time?

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:54 pm

Once you have completed your 10 years and till the date of application you met all the requirements then afterwards you might not need to be expected to kept meeting same requirements that means you would be fine with your both questions.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

trawlerme
Mood:

Post by trawlerme » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:47 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:54 pm
Once you have completed your 10 years and till the date of application you met all the requirements then afterwards you might not need to be expected to kept meeting same requirements that means you would be fine with your both questions.

You reckon not working for the current employer would not be construed as a breach of Tier 2 terms?
I wonder what would the cut-off date be. SET(LR) application date? Tier 2 (G) Visa end date?

It is possible the case worker would not even check for the current employment as long as Long Residence requirements are satisfied on the application date? Tier 2 COS period ends in 8 weeks and the whole ordeal is just making me anxious.

I did apply under Super Priority pathway :roll: and don't know what's taking so long!

trawlerme
Mood:

Post by trawlerme » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:56 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:54 pm
Sorry, forgot to thank you for your response. Can't edit my post now.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:23 pm

Long residence is based on lawful residence. Having valid visa but losing your sponsor does not lead to any breach of Tier 2 visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

trawlerme
Mood:

Post by trawlerme » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Thanks, I just hope UKVI responds before my Tier 2 General COS period expires in 8 weeks from now. Looks like I can't take up a new employment before a decision is made which effectively pushes me into savings and reserve funds.

I have posted this on the other thread, do you happen to know how does an applicant go about escalating their case on the UKVI helpline?

The phone officer is refusing to even take my unique application number. SET(LR) Super Priority applicant here having submitted the biometrics last Saturday through FES provisioner Sopra Steria in Croydon.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Please wait to hear back. We cannot tell you how long this will take
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice