ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unpaid leave (1 month) on WP and applying for HSMP Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tester

Unpaid leave (1 month) on WP and applying for HSMP Tier 1

Post by tester » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:34 am

hi All,
Please share you thoughts with me on the consequences of 1 month unpaid leave while on WP and am about to apply for Tier 1 (General)

In the last 12 months from July 07 to June 2008, i had taken 1 months unpaid leave (in March 2008). Now i want to apply for HSMP Tier 1 (general category) Can someone tell me if its alright to send 11 months payslips from Jul 07 to Jun 08 (with a gap in Mar 08) with a cover letter from employer stating that i was on an unpaid leave for a month. Have anyone seen such situation before ??

Note :
1. I am able to claim sufficient points in this category with 11 months as well.
2. Tried searching this forum and guidance notes for similar case but no luck :x

Every response highly appreciated.

Thanks.

nevadawipes

Re: Unpaid leave (1 month) on WP and applying for HSMP Tier

Post by nevadawipes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:19 am

tester wrote:hi All,
Please share you thoughts with me on the consequences of 1 month unpaid leave while on WP and am about to apply for Tier 1 (General)

In the last 12 months from July 07 to June 2008, i had taken 1 months unpaid leave (in March 2008). Now i want to apply for HSMP Tier 1 (general category) Can someone tell me if its alright to send 11 months payslips from Jul 07 to Jun 08 (with a gap in Mar 08) with a cover letter from employer stating that i was on an unpaid leave for a month. Have anyone seen such situation before ??

Note :
1. I am able to claim sufficient points in this category with 11 months as well.
2. Tried searching this forum and guidance notes for similar case but no luck :x

Thanks.

This is not a new or unusual situation, it hapens all the time. all HO will do in this case is that just take your 11months salary in to consideration rather then 12. how come there can be problem when you have been with a same employer for all the time?? . make sure thaugh u supply as a proof of previous earnings your bank statements and payslips. i personally think there is no need to provide the letter from employer but i see no harm if your employer is cool with it.

Hope this helps!

Grant

tester

Re: Unpaid leave (1 month) on WP and applying for HSMP Tier

Post by tester » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Thanks Grant, your reply really eased out the pressure...how ever i have one more question (might be a little naive)
Is it illegal to take unpaid leave while you are on Work Permit ?

All i want to ascertain is that I leave no reason for the CW to reject my application.

Have you seen such a case before ??

Thanks
Raj
nevadawipes wrote:
tester wrote:hi All,

Note :

Thanks.

This is not a new or unusual situation, it hapens all the time. all HO will do in this case is that just take your 11months salary in to consideration rather then 12. how come there can be problem when you have been with a same employer for all the time?? . make sure thaugh u supply as a proof of previous earnings your bank statements and payslips. i personally think there is no need to provide the letter from employer but i see no harm if your employer is cool with it.

Hope this helps!

Grant

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:16 pm

its perfectly legal to take a unpaid leave while you are on WP. dnt worry, i understand your concern. its always best to ask if you are in doubt.

TK CR

grant

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:25 pm

tester wrote:Thanks Grant, your reply really eased out the pressure...how ever i have one more question (might be a little naive)
Why not confirm it with UKBA itself? Email id is wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Best to contact UKBA for definitive replies.
(I am not conversant with immigration rules associated with work permit, and if some experienced person can confirm with detailed links, you can rest assured about your unpaid leave).

tester

Post by tester » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:27 pm

Hey coolestguyc, thanks for the reply. I will surely drop them in email with my question and make sure not to reveal any of my details so that just in case the leave was not legal, they have no way of linking it back to me...or any of my future HO applications :)
CoolestGuyC wrote: Why not confirm it with UKBA itself? Email id is wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
(I am not conversant with immigration rules associated with work permit, and if some experienced person can confirm with detailed links, you can rest assured about your unpaid leave).

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:29 pm

CoolestGuyC wrote:
tester wrote:Thanks Grant, your reply really eased out the pressure...how ever i have one more question (might be a little naive)
Why not confirm it with UKBA itself? Email id is wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Its always best to check with HO. if you havent been working anywhere else during your unpaid leave from your company, i dnt see how it can be an issue. you are entitled to take a months leave anyways in a working year whether paid or unpaid.

Regards

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:45 pm

tester wrote:make sure not to reveal any of my details so that just in case the leave was not legal, they have no way of linking it back to me...or any of my future HO applications :)
Use of anonymous gmail accounts are virtually untraceable. Gmail servers don't reveal ip-address of sender(they only show ip address of gmail servers), where as yahoo and hotmail do reveal sender's ip address.

P.S. However, please note that google does keep track of your ip addresses and upon inquires by any governmental agencies, google does reveal any type of information to them. But incentive for any body to trace a minor anonymous account over minor question is near to zero.

P.P.S. Sorry for an off topic reply :)

tester

Post by tester » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:20 am

does any one know how much time HO takes to reply to requests on wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk email.

I sent email with the above concerns to them but havent received any reply yet (since 5 days now)

Thanks.

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:59 am

5 working days

tester

Post by tester » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:13 pm

Thanks Nevadawipes...just received reply from them...but am confused on it..

Hi,
I need to clarify something with HomeOffice before I apply for HSMP Tier 1 (General Cartegory). Kindly direct me to the correct department if i am not at the correct one.

Situation:
I have a Work Permit on company XYZ and started to work with them in the month of May 2007. In March 2008 I had taken an unpaid leave for a month and resumed as per normal from April till date. Now I am planning to apply for HSMP Tier 1 (General Category) and need to show 12 months payslips in order to claim points for "Pervious Earning" section.

Problem:
I only have 11 months payslips of the last 12 months (July 2007 – June 2008) because I was on unpaid leave in March 2008. Note that I still qualify with 11 months payslips.

Question:
1. Is it illegal to take one month unpaid leave while one is on a work permit?
2. How can I explain this situation when I am applying for HSMP
3. Can a letter from the employer stating the leave suffice for HSMP team?
4. Any links which provide more useful information about this situation would be helpful.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks

and their reply is

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

1. Provided you are still employed by your employer, it will not cause any problems with your work permit.

2-4. You don't need to explain your circumstances, provided you payslips are concurrent and you can satisfy the earnings criteria, you should not encounter any problems with your application.
I hope this is helpful.

Yours Sincerely,
xxxx xxxxx
Customer Service Adviser
Customer Contact Centre
U.K Border Agency

I am not sure what did the CA ment by concurrent...how can the payslips be concurrent as there was a gap of one month in between {may be i am pulling this issue too much but i hope everybody understands :? }
nevadawipes wrote:5 working days

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:57 pm

tester wrote:Thanks Nevadawipes...just received reply from them...but am confused on it..

Hi,
I need to clarify something with HomeOffice before I apply for HSMP Tier 1 (General Cartegory). Kindly direct me to the correct department if i am not at the correct one.

Situation:
I have a Work Permit on company XYZ and started to work with them in the month of May 2007. In March 2008 I had taken an unpaid leave for a month and resumed as per normal from April till date. Now I am planning to apply for HSMP Tier 1 (General Category) and need to show 12 months payslips in order to claim points for "Pervious Earning" section.

Problem:
I only have 11 months payslips of the last 12 months (July 2007 – June 2008) because I was on unpaid leave in March 2008. Note that I still qualify with 11 months payslips.

Question:
1. Is it illegal to take one month unpaid leave while one is on a work permit?
2. How can I explain this situation when I am applying for HSMP
3. Can a letter from the employer stating the leave suffice for HSMP team?
4. Any links which provide more useful information about this situation would be helpful.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks

and their reply is

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

1. Provided you are still employed by your employer, it will not cause any problems with your work permit.

2-4. You don't need to explain your circumstances, provided you payslips are concurrent and you can satisfy the earnings criteria, you should not encounter any problems with your application.
I hope this is helpful.

Yours Sincerely,
xxxx xxxxx
Customer Service Adviser
Customer Contact Centre
U.K Border Agency

I am not sure what did the CA ment by concurrent...how can the payslips be concurrent as there was a gap of one month in between {may be i am pulling this issue too much but i hope everybody understands :? }
nevadawipes wrote:5 working days

hello buddy,

as its clearly explained in the email from HO and as i mentioned in my earlier post asweel, that till the time you can satisfy the previous earnings criteria, you do not have any problems. so go ahead and just apply.

regards

grant!