ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varying visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EmmJ
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mongolia

Vary application with new online application

Post by EmmJ » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Dear advisors,
I have applied for a visa extension FLR M two weeks ago as my leave to remain end on 22.08.19.
Now I need to vary the application in two weeks time as I will qualify five years route 19.10.19.
I read that you need to send a covering letter stating you are varying previous undecided application. But now you only can apply online and don’t need sending original documents and any letter to home office. Don’t find any address to send it to.
Question:
How they will know the application is a variation? Do I only need to apply and pay the money for my second application SET M?
Do I have to do the biometrics again If I submit my biometrics before the varying application has completed/sent? As the application fee already included the biometrics.

Thank you

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Vary application with new online application

Post by aman90 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:13 pm

Coz the new application will ask you if you already have a pending application with HO.
Also you can have only one application pending with HO.
Submit cover letter plus mandatory documents on or before bio metric enrolment.
Yes you’ll have to submit biometrics again.
Have you already for FLR?

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Vary application with new online application

Post by aman90 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:19 pm

Strike submit.. Upload

EmmJ
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mongolia

Varying visa

Post by EmmJ » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Hello advisors,

I need a little clarification. Hope you will help me.

I applied for leave to remain on 21 August. And I would be eligible for ILR on 19.10.19
I want to vary my application after 23 September.
My question:
How can I apply for ILR to vary the extension application? Where can I send the cover letter that I am varying the first application?
As the new online application doesn’t require any original documents even I couldn’t find any address to send documents. And I read about that if you vary you need to send a cover letter with the new application explaining the new application is a variation to the first application.
Please would you please give me advise on this

zimba
Mood:

Re: Varying visa

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:33 pm

Apply for ILR as usual. Your cover letter will be scanned with other documents requesting a variation of previous leave
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

EmmJ
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mongolia

Re: Varying visa

Post by EmmJ » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:01 pm

Thank you Aman and Zimba. You all are great help for so many confused people.
Sorry asking twice as I haven’t seen the reply.