ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lmrad
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by lmrad » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:13 pm

colombrit wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:09 pm
lmrad wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:39 am
colombrit wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:37 am
colombrit wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:56 am

Update!
Called the expensive phone number this morning and was told that a decision has been made. I am now frantically trying to get hold of my solicitor and trying to remain calm. 56 Working days so far. Trying to find out what the solicitor knows emails wise. Still don't have the passport yet.
Everything crossed and feeling slightly sick!
Applying from: Colombia
Type of visa applied for: Spouse non Priority
Date application submitted: 10 June 2019
Date bio-metrics taken: 14 June 2019
Documents sent to Sheffield: 16 June 2019
Documents received at Sheffield: 19 June 2019 courier within the UK from the solicitor.
Documents returned:
ECO email:
Decision made email: 30 August 2019

I got through to the solicitor! 55 working days. WE HAVE A VISA!! Relief is the order of the day today!

Thank you all for your wishes. I wish everyone as much luck as possible
congratulations!
can you please let us know the date on the decision letter ? and the passport sticker validity ?
Thank you, Letter Dated 29th August. Sticker validity 30 days - 5th September - 5th October. Finally! I can sleep at night!
I bet you can sleep now indeed LOL
one last question please : did you collect yet your passeport ? as you said you only knew today about decision made, I wonder if you got the details of the decision by collecting the passeport or via email ( that could have included the decision letter as attachement ?)
thanks for your clarifcations!

colombrit
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by colombrit » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:23 pm

lmrad wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:13 pm
colombrit wrote:
lmrad wrote:
colombrit wrote:

Documents received at Sheffield: 19 June 2019 courier within the UK from the solicitor.
Documents returned:
ECO email:

I got through to the solicitor! 55 working days. WE HAVE A VISA!! Relief is the order of the day today!

congratulations!
can you please let us know the date on the decision letter ? and the passport sticker validity ?
Thank you, Letter Dated 29th August. Sticker validity 30 days - 5th September - 5th October. Finally! I can sleep at night!
one last question please : did you collect yet your passeport ? as you said you only knew today about decision made, I wonder if you got the details of the decision by collecting the passeport or via email ( that could have included the decision letter as attachement ?)
So no, we have not collected the passport yet.
I called the home office number they told me a decision was made - I then contacted my solicitor to chase up and see if we had a decision. They had given the decision via an email. I am just awaiting an email so we can pick the passport up!
Good Luck All! I really hope you all get the decisions that you need!
I am now going to count down the minutes until I can see my wife!

lmrad
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by lmrad » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:29 pm

colombrit wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:23 pm
lmrad wrote:
colombrit wrote:
lmrad wrote:

congratulations!
I called the home office number they told me a decision was made - I then contacted my solicitor to chase up and see if we had a decision. They had given the decision via an email. I am just awaiting an email so we can pick the passport up!
thanks!
so the decision came as letter attached to the email ?
Reading in severals forums, seems some people receive the decision letter as attachement to the decision made email. other received only the decision email and have to wait for passeport collection to get the decision letter.
Guess it depends upon countries or may be ukvi office location.. not sure..
anyhow : enjoy your life! all the best!!
day 47WD for me...

royjones
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by royjones » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:33 am

Congrats yoo.....

Great news.... we need more of this positive energy ...
rexabruzzi wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:33 am
Guys.. ALHAMDULILLAH FINALLYYYY VISA GRAAANTED..

After a tough 106 working days since application .. received a message yesterday and collected the passport today with visa .. Alhamdulillah

While I express my joy I very clearly understand the pain some of you are going through.. I’m sure if will come through. Prayers with all of you.. may you all be reunited with your souses soon Insha Allah..

royjones
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by royjones » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:35 am

wowwww... **dancing**

Congrats!!!
colombrit wrote:
colombrit wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:56 am
colombrit wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:17 pm
Documents returned:
ECO email:
Decision made email:

Thought I would jump in on this one as I have just found this forum and can see many others around the world waiting. Currently on WD 51 having called the really (un)useful call centre for an extortionate price they told me they had to make a decision by 6th September. If not we can escalate it. What happens remains to be seen!

We originally applied back in February on the 6 month marriage visa. it got declined in April - Lack of evidence. We were destroyed! We sought some legal advice and got some help from a solicitor as not to mess it up after being bitten by it the first time! So here we are 7 months later.
My wife is starting to get itchy feet and I am starting to get agitated myself.
Many others are in worse situations that ourselves so I send best wishes to everyone. I do not think anyone knows stress until they attempt a settlement visa for the UK.

Hang in there guys!
Update!
Called the expensive phone number this morning and was told that a decision has been made. I am now frantically trying to get hold of my solicitor and trying to remain calm. 56 Working days so far. Trying to find out what the solicitor knows emails wise. Still don't have the passport yet.
Everything crossed and feeling slightly sick!
Documents returned:
ECO email:

royjones
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by royjones » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:38 am

This depends on the country..

lmrad wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:29 pm
colombrit wrote:
lmrad wrote:
colombrit wrote:

thanks!
Reading in severals forums, seems some people receive the decision letter as attachement to the decision made email. other received only the decision email and have to wait for passeport collection to get the decision letter.
day 47WD for me...

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:28 pm

marsupilami wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:09 pm
status so far:

Type of visa applied for: Spouse settlement for Wife
Priority/Non-Priority: Priority,
Online Application Submitted: 06/08/2019
Bio-metrics taken: 06/08/2019

still waiting !!!!!!!!!

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:56 pm

royjones wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:38 am

lmrad wrote:
colombrit wrote:
lmrad wrote:

thanks!
day 47WD for me...
congratulations bro....wish us luck.It will be 55WD for me this friday coming. Do you think i should call them comes friday?

Sasaogs
Newly Registered

Post by Sasaogs » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:55 am

Called today for an update/current status of the application and they said that they have been updates on the file and the last one being on the 28th. Has anyone been told anything similar before?

royjones
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by royjones » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:38 pm

Thanks....

wish you the very best...

Please wait for the 60th day, then call..
moe1985 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:56 pm
royjones wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:38 am

lmrad wrote:
colombrit wrote:

thanks!
day 47WD for me...
congratulations bro....wish us luck.It will be 55WD for me this friday coming. Do you think i should call them comes friday?

redcarpert

Post by redcarpert » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:34 am

I just want to tell everyone reading this forum information regarding phoning and/or emailing UKVI! Some of use might be aware of this others might not, but its worth mentioning.

Don't bother phoning or emailing them unless they asked you so, because it's a waste of money. UKVI has got a contract with Sitel UK limited, they are a worldwide contact centre compnay , to reduce the workload for UKVI and companies that use sitel.

When the applicant/sponsor phones them they type your GWF number in the system (is a system connected between sitel and UKVI) and if a decision is made, sometimes UKVI will update it and it will show up in the system connected and if still in process, it will be left blank and will show as "awaiting decision" that's why when you phone, the only 2 things you hear from sitel is awaiting decision or decision made (if a decision on your application has been made) so they are not caseworkers and they are not employed by UKVI, they are employed by sitel. When you want to escelate your case, they will send an email direct to UKVI (they the only ones who have direct email to UKVI sheffield) and they will email UKVI stating that GWFXXXXXXXX has phoned on XX-XX-XXXX at XX time requesting further update and they will send the email to UKVI, then couple days letter youll get an email from UKVI sheffield.

So to conlcude this, save your money and when a decision has been made youll get an email sent, or the applicant will get a text to collect passport or the courier will deliver your passport if courier was purchased, rest assure everyone, god bless

:)

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:25 pm

update

just call the HMO and i was told a dicision has been made but they won't tell me what is it.I waiting now and very worried🙈😊.All i can do is pray and want your prayers....Its 55WD today.

lmrad
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by lmrad » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:15 pm

moe1985 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:25 pm
update

just call the HMO and i was told a dicision has been made but they won't tell me what is it.I waiting now and very worried🙈😊.All i can do is pray and want your prayers....Its 55WD today.
Good luck !!!
51 WD here :)

ktbh
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by ktbh » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:56 pm

RIRILEX wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:28 pm
First Post!

We've been reading others experiences over the last few months and me and my partner are going through the same dreaded visa process and we wanted to share our progress too. We are applying from Trinidad & Tobago. Will update with any developments.

Type of visa applied for:Fiance, Settlement
Priority/Non-Priority: Non-Priority
Application centre: Trinidad & Tobago (Port of Spain)
Online Application Submitted: 24/05/19
Bio-metrics taken: 12/06/19
Documents submitted at VFS, London: 07/6/19
Email stating "Your Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer": 29/06/19
Employer contacted by UKVI: No
Sponsor contacted by UKVI: No
Case not straightforward email: No
Decision made email from UKVI: No
VFS Text for passport collection: No
Passport Collected: No
Current Status: Being considered, awaiting decision. (As of 31/07/19)
Hi Ririlex,
I'm also applying from Trinidad and was wondering if you received the visa yet?

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:52 pm

lmrad wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:15 pm
moe1985 wrote:
update

Good luck !!!
51 WD here :)
Thank you bro and same to you..here is hoping will update...🙏🙏

royjones
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by royjones » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:04 am

yoo.. bring the good news soon for us to celebrate..
moe1985 wrote:
update

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:07 pm

royjones wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:04 am
yoo.. bring the good news soon for us to celebrate..
moe1985 wrote:
update

i will defo insallah.Keep me in your prayers..🙏🙏

Sasaogs
Newly Registered

Post by Sasaogs » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:22 am

Why do some people get notification that passport is ready to collect one day after decision made, whereas other over a week they still haven’t got the passport ready email. When I went to the visa centre they said the passport hasn’t been dispatched yet, where do they dispatch it to? And the others that got the quick pick up email didn’t they dispatch their own?

Skyfall99
Newly Registered

Post by Skyfall99 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:44 am

smithy101 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:41 am
smithy101 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:39 am
Applying from: Jamaica
Type of visa applied for: Spouse & Child Settlement (both priority)
Date application submitted: 17 June 2019
Date bio-metrics taken: 4 July 2019
Documents sent to Sheffield: 5 July 2019
Documents received at Sheffield: 11 July 2019
Documents returned:
ECO email: 15 July 2019
Decision made email:
I sent an email asking for escalation on my 30th working day which was 15/08/2019 detailing all necessary information. Just received an email reply 18/08/2019, asking for the same information in my initial email :? :roll: (GWF, Name, IHS No etc).

:x
Hi ,
Have you heard anything back from HO or given your visa as yet? Still waiting....

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:31 pm

How long does it take to actually received that passport collection after a decision is been made from the HO?My decision is been since Thursday last week and was hoping to hear something today but notting as yet.Getting so scared an narvous mentally affected 😥😥🙏🙏🙏

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Sasaogs wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:22 am
Why do some people get notification that passport is ready to collect one day after decision made, whereas other over a week they still haven’t got the passport ready email. When I went to the visa centre they said the passport hasn’t been dispatched yet, where do they dispatch it to? And the others that got the quick pick up email didn’t they dispatch their own?
Hey are on the same boat.Am still waiting for that email aswell, not sure when it's gona come through. They asked me to call them back by Friday if ain't received the passport by friday.Here is hoping and good luck mate...

Sasaogs
Newly Registered

Post by Sasaogs » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:46 pm

moe1985 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:38 pm
[quote=Sasaogs post_id=<a href="tel:1823309">1823309</a> time=<a href="tel:1567999379">1567999379</a> user_id=172552]
Hey are on the same boat.Am still waiting for that email aswell, not sure when it's gona come through. They asked me to call them back by Friday if ain't received the passport by friday.Here is hoping and good luck mate...
[/quote]

It’s very nerve wrecking, what country did you do your biometrics?

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 pm

i did it in the Gambia.

royjones
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by royjones » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:08 am

this differs per country..

mine took 4days...

Good luck once again..
moe1985 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:31 pm
How long does it take to actually received that passport collection after a decision is been made from the HO?My decision is been since Thursday last week and was hoping to hear something today but notting as yet.Getting so scared an narvous mentally affected 😥😥🙏🙏🙏

moe1985
Newly Registered

Post by moe1985 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:29 am

royjones wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:08 am
this differs per country..

mine took 4days...

Good luck once again..
moe1985 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:31 pm
Have you heard from them after the 4 days?

Thank you and good luck to you too x