ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on different visas

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ibabdelt
Newly Registered

ILR on different visas

Post by ibabdelt » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:29 pm

Hello
I was on Tier1 general dependants Visa for 3 years until my husband got the ILR , then I switched to FLRM ( 5 years route) for 2 years now, can I apply for ILR given that I am in UK since 5 years now ( 3 years under Tier1 general dependent + 2 Years under FLRM) .
If not may I ask why
My children are the same status as me ( 5 years in UK) and they were born outside UK ..can they at least apply for ILR now knowing that my husband got the citizenship?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR on different visas

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:43 pm

No you cannot. You need 5 years on FLR M to qualify for ilr.

Your clock for 5 years ILR reset to zero when you switched from tier 1 dependent to FLR M.

Your children will also only qualify for ILR when you do. There is no shortcut because you switched visas categories which was not necessary.

You were advised already in 2017 not to change their visas to FLR M.

uk-tier-1-general-dependent-visas/tier1 ... l#p1470578
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.