ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any difference between the Referees and Identity forms online and from the AN application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DUSTDEVIL
Newly Registered
Poland

Referees and Biometric Enrollment - deadlines after paying the application?

Post by DUSTDEVIL » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi,

just a quick question, how much time do I have after completing the application for naturalisation, to get Biometric Enrolment done and get my referees to fill in and sign the Referee Form? The application is being completed online via visas-immigration.gov.uk

I will go in two weeks on holidays and one of my referees is now away, so I want to check how much time do I have to get these two things done? UK Immigration helpline wasn't sure, they said that it might be 10 days. Anyone knows for sure how much time it will take?

Also, will I have to send my Referee Form via mail, or do they accept uploaded scanned copy?

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Referees and Biometric Enrollment - deadlines after paying the application?

Post by aman90 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:33 am

DUSTDEVIL wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:42 pm
Hi,

just a quick question, how much time do I have after completing the application for naturalisation, to get Biometric Enrolment done and get my referees to fill in and sign the Referee Form? The application is being completed online via visas-immigration.gov.uk

I will go in two weeks on holidays and one of my referees is now away, so I want to check how much time do I have to get these two things done? UK Immigration helpline wasn't sure, they said that it might be 10 days. Anyone knows for sure how much time it will take?

Also, will I have to send my Referee Form via mail, or do they accept uploaded scanned copy?

1. ALL mandatory documents can be uploaded before UKVCAS application by yourself OR you can have UKVCAS upload ALL documents you provide on the day of the biometric enrolment. It’s a paid service but providing correct documents is ur responsibility no matter what you pay

2. Within 2 Months of submission of application. You will find the exact date after submission of application on “further actions page”. By that date if you’ve not enrolled bio, You’ll be reminded before the application is returned as invalid.

DUSTDEVIL
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Referees and Biometric Enrollment - deadlines after paying the application?

Post by DUSTDEVIL » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Thank you kindly aman90! This answers all my questions :)

DUSTDEVIL
Newly Registered
Poland

Any difference between the Referees and Identity forms online and from the AN application?

Post by DUSTDEVIL » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi,

this might be a bit strange question but I have to ask it, better be safe than sorry!

I'm doing my naturalisation application online and I'm stuck till Wednesday, waiting for one of my referee getting back to me with a passport number. I want to speed things up a bit and send the form tomorrow for him to sign and send to my second referee. Obviously I can't at the moment progress with my online application, so I can only get the Referees and Identity form from AN 06/19.

I have noticed that AN 06/19 has numbered pages and "Form AN Application form (version 06/19)" footnote. I wanted to ask if someone has the Referees and Identity form which you get upon the completion of the online naturalisation application and can someone either send it to my email address ( email addresses removed by moderator ) or at least confirm if there are any differences between the paper and online copy?

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Any difference between the Referees and Identity forms online and from the AN application?

Post by aman90 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:10 pm

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Did you try doing a google search..?!?
This is what you need to get signed.
Only one referee needs to hold a British passport.

DUSTDEVIL
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Any difference between the Referees and Identity forms online and from the AN application?

Post by DUSTDEVIL » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:53 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:10 pm
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Did you try doing a google search..?!?
This is what you need to get signed.
Only one referee needs to hold a British passport.
This is the MN1 form for registering child under 18 as a British Citizen. Completely different story from the naturalisation form which I'm doing at the moment.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -06-19.pdf

Pages 19 to 21. I need to know if online application forms are identical to this or not.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:56 pm

The link that aman90 has provided is what the online form looks like and is for all applications!

You should not be using the paper form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DUSTDEVIL
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by DUSTDEVIL » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:56 pm
The link that aman90 has provided is what the online form looks like and is for all applications!

You should not be using the paper form.
Really? Oh wow, that makes my life much easier! So I just need to print the one for the 1st Referee and the second one for the 2nd Referee? And I thought that I had to pass a single referee form around to two people!

Oh man, that makes my life SOOO much easier!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Two referees forms for two different referees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DUSTDEVIL
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by DUSTDEVIL » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:12 pm
Two referees forms for two different referees.
Fabulous, good thing that I have good amount of passport photos printed, I thought that I needed only one. And the form itself is straightforward, just a name and signature with a date. And I told them that they have to prepare to fill in sections and sections of it, haha!

Many thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it!

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:57 pm

DUSTDEVIL wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:53 pm
This is the MN1 form for registering child under 18 as a British Citizen. Completely different story from the naturalisation form which I'm doing at the moment.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -06-19.pdf

Pages 19 to 21. I need to know if online application forms are identical to this or not.
🤦🏽‍♀️
Ur welcome!

DUSTDEVIL
Newly Registered
Poland

Residence requirements

Post by DUSTDEVIL » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:47 pm

There is a question on the online application, "Residence requirements":
  • You must have been in the UK on the first day of your 3-year or 5-year qualifying period
  • You must not have spent more than 270 days outside the UK during a 3-year qualifying period, or 450 days during a 5-year qualifying period
  • You must not have been outside the UK for more than 90 days in the last 12 months
  • You must not have been here illegally in the 3-year or 5-year qualifying period
Do you meet these residence requirements?

YES or NO

The thing is that due to the compulsory semester abroad with my university, I have been in total 468 days outside of UK. Therefore, I have picked NO and explained in great detail my circumstances. Is this the correct thing to do?

Later there was also question about the Special circumstances asking about the reasons why I can't meet the statutory requirements. I described my circumstances in a great detail and then selected Yes to special circumstances why I think the Home Secretary should still grant your application, where I again explained that I'm only 18 days above the limit, due to the compulsory studies abroad whilst I was at the British university.

Is this the correct course of action? I mean, there is a 480 days discretion anyway, but I want to do everything right and thought that it would be fair to say like it is? They won't automatically dismiss the application because I selected "No" next to the question about residence requirements?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:52 am

The first question is yes! The small absence of 18 days over will likely be accepted. No need to explain.

The special circumstances question is no! It is not for a small over limit absence but for exceptional circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)