ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age 3-4 15 hour nursery education for tier 1 entrepreneur

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amadeus53
Newly Registered

Age 3-4 15 hour nursery education for tier 1 entrepreneur

Post by amadeus53 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Hi,
I am on tier 1 entrepreneur visa and need to know that can i admit my 3-4 year old daughter for council funded nursery ( max 15 hours per week ).

Or do i need to pay for it. ON searhcing internet i see gov website saying all children 3 top 4 years are entitled to 15 hours of free childcare but on searhcing with tier 1 entrepreneur visa as it has no public funds requirement i am not 100% sure.

Please help, thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Age 3-4 15 hour nursery education for tier 1 entrepreneur

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Free places for three and four-year-old children (15 hours)
This is a universal entitlement, which means that all three and four-year-old children are entitled to 570 hours of free childcare or early education each year. This must be taken over at least 38 weeks, for example, 15 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year.
So yes you can however you cannot apply for the extended provision - 30 hours unless you have ILR.

https://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/informat ... e-sections
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mehfuz
Mood:
India

Post by Mehfuz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi zimba!
I have a habit of reading all the query related to tier 1 here.. i was just passing by the above..
One thing just popped up in mind.
I am on tier 1 . Came in June19.

My son is 6 years and he has taken admission in year 2. I am not paying for his education.. isn't it free??

And he takes schoold dinner at his school which is free till year 2 for all the students. So do i stop taking that benefit??

Reply please.. Thanks for all the views you guys share ...

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:26 pm

I suggest to go and read the link I provided. All the information is available there :!:
Not all publicly funded services are considered to be covered as public funds under the immigration rules (e.g NHS)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mehfuz
Mood:
India

Post by Mehfuz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:34 pm

Ooops..

Read the above link You shared just now..

Most of it is crystal clear.. Thanks Zimba.. sorry for stupid questions even before reading the link...

Kamana
Hong Kong

Post by Kamana » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi Zimba.
If someone who is on ILR claims the additional 15 hrs child care will it have any issues for their partner who is on family visa?
thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:45 pm

Kamana wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:02 pm
Hi Zimba.
If someone who is on ILR claims the additional 15 hrs child care will it have any issues for their partner who is on family visa?
thanks
Read the information I provided above. It is an entitlement anyone can claim regardless of their visa :!: :!:

Kamana
Hong Kong

Post by Kamana » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:53 pm

Thanks Zimba.
I am aware that the 15 hrs is a universal entitlement for all 3 & 4 year old. My query was about the additional 15 hrs ie full 30 hrs.
I have read the NRPF website and it is very clear that the parent on ILR can claim the additional 15 hrs (if both parents meet the employment requirement) but not clear that the other parent with NRPF would be breaking the rules if additional 15 hrs is claimed.

Sorry if the question wasn't very clear before.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:26 pm

No it will not affect the other parent if the parent with ILR received the benefit

Kamana
Hong Kong

Post by Kamana » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Brilliant! Thanks Zimba :D