ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS A1 language requirement for spouse.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

halitsu
Newly Registered

IELTS A1 language requirement for spouse.

Post by halitsu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi,
I would like to ask if the test can be in another approved test center other than the country of residence?
In SELT FAQ, it says in case of unavailability, you should check the availability at nearest test center.
is there any possibility to get refusal because taking the test in another country?

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: IELTS A1 language requirement for spouse.

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:06 pm

halitsu wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 pm
is there any possibility to get refusal because taking the test in another country?

Thanks in advance
No provided the test centre is on list.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

halitsu
Newly Registered

Post by halitsu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:26 pm

There is but test has not been done as required. We would like to try somewhere else. That is why I am looking for another option. There is nowhere it says that it is a must to take the test in long term residential country.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Alternatively if you have at least a bachelor degree then you can use the naric red route to get it assessed. In that case you won't need to travel anywhere.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

halitsu
Newly Registered

Post by halitsu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:24 pm

unfortunately there isn't any degree.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:26 pm

halitsu wrote:
No, it shouldn't a problem sitting for the test in another country. A friend of mine did this and her visa was granted: her home country didn’t offer any IELTS approved centre for visa purposes and had to travel to India to get it sorted.

As long as the testing centre from another country is listed on the Home Office’s website as an approved centre, and the certificate contains an UKVI reference, it will be accepted. Just to remind you, it’s an UKVI Life Skills A1 not a regular A1 test.
halitsu wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:26 pm
There is nowhere it says that it is a must to take the test in long term residential country.
Exactly, that’s not a rule from them. it’s an international test so you can go to another country and sit for the test. Remember, as long as it has an UKVI number and the test centre is listed, it’s fine.

halitsu
Newly Registered

Post by halitsu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:30 pm

thanks for information and correction Jaune08.
I specifically ask if there is an approved test center already but this is also good.

UA2015

Post by UA2015 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:26 pm
halitsu wrote:
No, it shouldn't a problem sitting for the test in another country. A friend of mine did this and her visa was granted: her home country didn’t offer any IELTS approved centre for visa purposes and had to travel to India to get it sorted.

As long as the testing centre from another country is listed on the Home Office’s website as an approved centre, and the certificate contains an UKVI reference, it will be accepted. Just to remind you, it’s an UKVI Life Skills A1 not a regular A1 test.

sorry can you assist me with my query please, I have booked for my wife via British council website and yes it’s kind of ielts A1. Is this not the one which is approved by UKVi?
halitsu wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:26 pm
There is nowhere it says that it is a must to take the test in long term residential country.
Exactly, that’s not a rule from them. it’s an international test so you can go to another country and sit for the test. Remember, as long as it has an UKVI number and the test centre is listed, it’s fine.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:54 pm

UA2015 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:31 pm
sorry can you assist me with my query please, I have booked for my wife via British council website and yes it’s kind of ielts A1. Is this not the one which is approved by UKVi?
The English test must be an UKVI version of the IELTS A1, which means the certificate contains an UKVI reference number to be checked by Home Office. I don’t know which test you have booked, but if you’re unsure whether it is UKVI or not, call the British Council where you have booked the test to ask. Also, check if the centre is listed here, as not all the British Council centres are offering this version:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ebsite.pdf

My advice is always check if your English test is an UKVI, as my first application was rejected because my certificate didn’t have the UKVI number.

UA2015

Post by UA2015 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:18 am

Thank you very much. Yes I have send them email and will call as well to double check. They haven’t mentioned the test centre in email as they have said in email they will let me know the centre details before the test etc. But before I have booked with them, on Britain council website it was saying that this test is for Uk visas etc. Let’s see what they say otherwise will cancel and rebook.
Thank you