ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Address

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Proof of Address Citizenship Application

Post by Lorenna » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi All,

We are trying to put together proof's of address for my husbands citizenship application. So far we have his bank statements and his P60. We also have a letter from Revenue each year for his tax credit certificate. We need another proof of address.

We have health insurance which my company pay for each year. The certificate gets sent to me as the main member at our joint address, but my husbands name is listed on the policy as a member too below. Will this work?

Bealtaine
Ireland

Re: Proof of Address Citizenship Application

Post by Bealtaine » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:23 pm

It possibly could but I would include bank statements/electricity/TV or internet bills etc- they should have your (ie his) address on it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:57 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:23 pm
It possibly could but I would include bank statements/electricity/TV or internet bills etc- they should have your (ie his) address on it.
Bank statements and utility bills are not accepted for citizenship applications by people that came on the EEA EU route. The form and guidance specifically states this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:57 pm
Bealtaine wrote:
Bank statements and utility bills are not accepted for citizenship applications by people that came on the EEA EU route. The form and guidance specifically states this.
You are wrong I’m afraid. Bank statements and utility bills are the preferred proofs of address, regardless of nationality. The only requirement is that you must show daily transactions on your bank statement.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:12 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:11 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:57 pm
Bealtaine wrote:
You are wrong I’m afraid. Bank statements and utility bills are the preferred proofs of address, regardless of nationality. The only requirement is that you must show daily transactions on your bank statement.
Wrong sub forum. Thought I was in BC in lol
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lorenna » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Thanks. Neither of us have any utility bills because we have been living with my family the past 3 years trying to save for a house. I have bank statements for him and P60s/tax credit certificate and P21s. Really struggling for a 3rd proof of address though. His payslips dont have address on them, health insurance is in my name and he has only been to the doctors three times since moving and not at all in the first year.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:34 pm

No worries :)

Answering the OP's question, yes of course that's fine. You can also request the health insurance provider to send a proof of health insurance to him alone but it's not necessary.
He can also request for a P21 from Revenue online, and he can also get his employer to issue him an employment letter stating his name, address, position etc.

If you live with your parents, you can get your parents (or whoever the landlord is) to issue him a proof of tenancy, along with proof of property ownership.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:57 am

Make sure the bank statements you send have some transactions done in shops like grocery shopping etc. They don’t accept the statements if it only has direct debits going out because that doesn’t show you have been living in the state.
Any correspondence from any govt department can be included. They can ask you for more proofs even if you submit three proofs for the given year.

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Proof of Address

Post by Lorenna » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi All,

I am just trying to get my husbands application for citizenship ready and I'm just struggling to get together proofs of address.

I know we need to provide 3 proofs of address for the 3 months prior to application for both of us for an application based on marriage. We plan to submit the application in January. This is no problem for me as I can supply CC statements, bank statements and a Revenue letter which everyone receives on tax credits in Dec.

For him, I can supply bank statements and the same Revenue letter. But I'm struggling with a 3rd proof for him as he has no Credit Card. All of the utility bills are in his name so we could send those, but we only get 2 bills. I've read people on here saying that for utility bill it has to be 3 different bills. Our Gas/Electricity is one bill, and our TV/Internet/Phone is another combined bill so we only receive two every month.

It also says that they accept mortgage statements as proof, so we could provide this. However our mortgage is with our Credit Union, so its just a Credit Union account statement for the "Home Loan" with monthly direct debits. I asked them before if they accept documents from the Credit Union and I was told no because it has to be a bank statement with daily transactions, so not sure if they will accept.

Any suggestions what we could do? Or will they accept our 5 different utilities which are combined into just 2 bills? I could split out the bills to different providers but we get a much better deal doing dual fuel etc.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Proof of Address

Post by Vorona » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 pm

You have answered it yourself:
Lorenna wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:05 pm
I can supply CC statements, bank statements and a Revenue letter
= 3 POA's for you
Lorenna wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:05 pm
For him, I can supply bank statements and the same Revenue letter. But I'm struggling with a 3rd proof for him as he has no Credit Card. All of the utility bills are in his name so we could send those, but we only get 2 bills. I've read people on here saying that for utility bill it has to be 3 different bills.
= 4 POA's for your husband.

:mrgreen: You're welcome :mrgreen:

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:39 pm

2 utility bills are okay. There is no requirement that it has to be 3 different utility bills.
You can also ask your employers to issue you both with an official employment letter, laying out your position, salary and current address.

Mortgage statements are proof of address too, but they need to be complimented by the normal bank statements where there are daily transactions.

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lorenna » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:43 pm

Ah ok perfect, thanks guys! I just remember having read somewhere that someones utility bills were not accepted and they came back looking for 3 different utility bills. And I can send the mortgage statement but also the bank statement too.