ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visa for Granny and Aunt from Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaidy88
Newly Registered

UK Visa for Granny and Aunt from Pakistan

Post by zaidy88 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:31 pm

Hi guys,
Newbie here :)
A little background, my uncle (Granny's son) has applied for her visa before and this was rejected as she does not have sufficient funds to show strong ties to return to Pakistan.
Granny lives with my aunt (mum's sister) and is dependant on her. Aunt receives income from bonds and land she owns, also owns her own home. Granny has nothing to her name and receives an 'allowance' or income from aunt and her son (in Ireland) to get by. Granny has no bank account so nothing to show she receives income as it's all cash in hand. Granny lives with said aunt.
Aunt has a bank account to show she meets the £10k requirement, she has a lot more than this saved but it's tied up in bonds and property/land. Bonds are liquid and can easily be sold so may not have cash in bank, but does have sufficient liquid assets.
I am going to apply for a visa for both aunt and granny, aunt will be coming with as granny is old and really is dependant on aunt to get by.
What should I keep in mind when applying?
Will I be a sponsor for them or will my aunt's assets be sufficient evidence to show strong ties to Pakistan and a willingness to return to her home and assets?
Will Granny's visa be granted on basis of depending on her daughter (aunt) despite her having no evidence of income or bank statements?
Will previous rejection impact a new visa application?
This will be a 6 month visit visa only and they will be returning within 3-4 months. Granny really wants to come over and see her grand children and great grand kids as she's getting old and it's a last wish for her to get to meet all her great grand kids, some of which she has never seen in person, only through pictures.
Any help and advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks for reading.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: UK Visa for Granny and Aunt from Pakistan

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Hello

I never heard about a visitor visa on the basis of dependency on someone else applying for a visitor visa.

It's not possible for a person A to apply for a visitor visa on the basis that she/he is dependent on person B also applying for visitor visa.

Each applicant will be seen under his own merits really.

You have to make credible that the Granny will come back to Pakistan at the end of her visa and won't stick around illegally or on medical grounds.

The situation is what is it. You cannot change it. You just have to get the best elements of proof you can collect, write a nice cover letter and hope for the best.

From what you are describing (nothing on her name, no bank account, no revenue on her name...) the chances of her getting a visa are remote. But nothing prevents you from giving it a try.

zaidy88
Newly Registered

Post by zaidy88 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:20 am

Thanks for your reply and advice.
What if I was to sponsor my granny?
Aunt can apply under her own details as she has assets to show willingness to return.
I can sponsor my granny as I own liquid assets (Stocks & Shares, Crypto's, bonds) to a reasonable value. I also own 3 profitable cash positive companies, my home and other property where I receive rental income.
Liquid assets can easily be sold and money in bank within 5 days if needed and statements can be provided from each account to show a good balance. Problem is, I don't keep a large bank balance and invest most of my income. My bank account just shows minimal income to cover household expenses. Everything I have earnt over the years has been invested in property, business or other assets.
Would it help if I was to sponsor her and show my liquid asset balances along with business accounts showing good profitability across the businesses?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:21 am

She has to show documentary evidence of HER ties to home country. It is much less about your evidence than it is about hers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zaidy88
Newly Registered

Post by zaidy88 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:10 am

Thanks,
If she does not have anything on her name what ties can we show?
Would family ties not be sufficient evidence? 3 of her daughters live there, grand kids and great grand kids all living there.
She lives with her daughter and grand daughter in their home.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:21 am

You cannot show ties that don't exist.

Usually, if the situation is evolving in nature, it's good to wait until you get stronger grounds to apply.

However, what you are describing is a lasting situation. It's not something that is going to evolve favorably in the future.

I got a visitor visa for my own mum. She is retired. She showed nothing more than she had a retirement in her home country. It's really a weak link but the visa was granted no questions asked.

Still, in your case, the Granny has zero account, zero revenue... It's weak weak. You can still apply. Miracles do happen with visitor visas. They can approve but don't be surprised if they decline.