ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company Registration and Business Bank Account

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Company Registration and Business Bank Account

Post by msx273 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Dear Mods and Experts,

I have been recently granted with Tier 1 Visa.

I need some important clarification, i was not resident in UK but since our business is with UK Universities, I already have my company registred in uk and UK bank account, but I'm not resident in UK so am i lialbe to pay tax ??

Kindly advise

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Company Registration and Business Bank Account

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:44 am

Hello

This is not an immigration but tax question.

Your company pays taxes in the UK, regardless where you were. Any money made by the company in the UK, is, in principle, taxable in the UK.

Yourself, you don't pay taxes in the UK for money made when you weren't resident in the UK.

Still, you need to go to a tax Adviser as these maters can be very complex and each person is unique when it comes to this sort of things.

marcnath

Re: Company Registration and Business Bank Account

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:51 pm

abuhf wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:30 pm
Dear Mods and Experts,

I have been recently granted with Tier 1 Visa.

I need some important clarification, i was not resident in UK but since our business is with UK Universities, I already have my company registred in uk and UK bank account, but I'm not resident in UK so am i lialbe to pay tax ??

Kindly advise
Please continue in your original thread and do not start new threads for each question.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.