ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension application clarifications

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vizlax1
Newly Registered
Singapore

Tier 1 extension application clarifications

Post by vizlax1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 am

Hello,

I am due to make my T1E extension application shortly and was hoping to get some clarifications here. The extension application points table from the guidance (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -_0319.pdf) says:
2. You have:
(a) registered with HM Revenue & Customs as self-employed, or
(b) registered with Companies House as a director of a UK company, or member of a UK partnership.
You must have registered within six months of entering the UK with this entry clearance (if you provide evidence to establish your date of entry) or, in any other case, within six months of the date your leave was granted.

3. Within the three months before the date of application, you have been:
(a) registered with HM Revenue & Customs as self-employed, or
(b) registered with Companies House as a director of a UK company or member of a UK partnership
I established my UK company in 2012 while I was a PBS dependent visa holder, and applied for T1E entry clearance in 2016 successfully. During this initial application, I provided the Companies House registration documents as proof of my directorship. There has been no change in the directorship of my company. Point 2 above grants 20 points to the applicant and point 3 grants 15 points.
My question is: Since i registered the company in 2012 (not within 6 months of entry clearance, but much before my T1E entry clearance) would I not be awarded these points? What is the difference between the documents required for points 2 and 3 above for someone in my position?

I had also shown evidence of investment of £200k during my initial application. The guidance says:
You do not need to provide evidence of this investment if you were awarded points under this table in your last grant of entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant.

How do I know if points were granted to me for this investment made before my initial application (documents were provided to evidence this). And Should i be providing this evidence of this investment again?

Do I need to provide any additional documents if i provide a joint account bank statement for the maintenance proof for my wife (for dependent application) and myself?

Thank you and look forward to your help!
Shann

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 extension application clarifications

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:27 pm

"within 6 months" is the maximum. Anything before your application still meets that condition.

The evidence requirements for showing "access to funds" and "money invested" are very different. So, if you have submitted the documents required for "money invested" and it is approved, then obviously points were granted for investment. HO would not have the specified documents for access to funds.

No additional documents needed for joint accounts - however both of you should sign consent forms.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

vizlax1
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by vizlax1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:35 pm

The evidence requirements for showing "access to funds" and "money invested" are very different. So, if you have submitted the documents required for "money invested" and it is approved, then obviously points were granted for investment. HO would not have the specified documents for access to funds.
Yes, i showed proof of investment into my company in the form of bank statements + company accounts + director's loan all dated within 12 months of my initial application. So I suppose its safe to not provide these again?
No additional documents needed for joint accounts - however both of you should sign consent forms.
Where are these consent forms?

Thank you!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:21 am

Appears you do not have to submit investment documents again.

Not sure how the consent forms are online. In the paper days, it used to be right at the end
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

vizlax1
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by vizlax1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi All,
I have just submitted my Tier 1 Extension application on the UKVI website. I was then directed to book my biometric appointment to the UKVCAS website, which also allows for the upload of all supporting documents. The UKVI website says that i have until 20 Nov to attend an appointment to provide my biometrics and documents.
I am unable to find any free appointments on the UKVCAS website until after 10th Oct. My visa expires on 10 Oct. Since the application review takes 8 weeks for an extension, am wondering when the start of the 8 week process would be.
1) Would this be when I provide my documents online or is this today (the date of payment).
2) If I upload the documents now, would this be sent to the Home Office before the date of my biometrics? The UKVCAS website does not really answer these questions.

Thank you!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:09 pm

vizlax1 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:38 pm
Hi All,
I have just submitted my Tier 1 Extension application on the UKVI website. I was then directed to book my biometric appointment to the UKVCAS website, which also allows for the upload of all supporting documents. The UKVI website says that i have until 20 Nov to attend an appointment to provide my biometrics and documents.
I am unable to find any free appointments on the UKVCAS website until after 10th Oct. My visa expires on 10 Oct. Since the application review takes 8 weeks for an extension, am wondering when the start of the 8 week process would be.
1) Would this be when I provide my documents online or is this today (the date of payment).
2) If I upload the documents now, would this be sent to the Home Office before the date of my biometrics? The UKVCAS website does not really answer these questions.

Thank you!
1) This is quite an irrelevant question. There is no assurance that the application will be decided in 8 weeks. While it has happened, it is more often the exception rather than the rule.
2) Again, I don't know the answer nor do I think it is very relevant. I doubt that your application will be considered before the biometrics is submitted. There are people who do miss/not submit biometrics, so HO would possibly prefer to only allocate resources once they have everything they need to consider the application.(that is my personal opinion and not based on any knowledge)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:17 am

vizlax1 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:38 pm
Hi All,

Thank you!
2. Your documents are only sent to ho after your biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.