ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application submission date query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mawi88

ILR online application query..plz help

Post by Mawi88 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Hi All,

I am currently filling the online application for my ILR (5 years Tier 2 route) and in the application there is a question about:

"When did you first enter the UK?
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started."

I am little confused about this questions; because i entered the UK on the 24 of Sept 2010 on a Tier 4 visa and then i switched my visa to Tier 2 on the 25th of Oct 2014. So having this said, what would be the answer to the question above?

Your help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
mawi

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR online application query..plz help

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:27 pm

The date you entered the UK.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mawi88

Post by Mawi88 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:27 pm
But that mean that i need to list all my absence since that date, which will contain absences from time where i was on Tier 4.. is that correct ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:55 pm

Mawi88 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:45 pm
Zimba wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:27 pm
But that mean that i need to list all my absence since that date, which will contain absences from time where i was on Tier 4.. is that correct ?
No, the absence is only relevant to the period on tier 2 if you are applying for ILR on form SET(O). HO do know the rules.

You can also put your enter the UK date as the start date of your tier 2. It really doesn't make a huge difference.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mawi88

ILR application submission date query

Post by Mawi88 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:52 am

Dear All,

I was granted my first Tier 2 visa on the 25th of Oct 2014 (switching from Tier 4), and i am soon planning to apply for my ILR via the premium one day service.

From what I understand from various posts and in the HO policy documents, i can apply 28 days before the completion of my 5 years qualifying period. So having said that, can I apply on the 28th of September this year ?

And if that is the case, can I submit my online before that date, but book my appointment on the 28th (or after) ? or does the HO mean that the online application submission has to be on the 28th of Sept (or after) and absolutely not before that date and the appointment date is irrelevant in all this.

Many thanks in advance. Your help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Mawi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application submission date query

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:56 am

I was granted my first Tier 2 visa on the 25th of Oct 2014 (switching from Tier 4), and i am soon planning to apply for my ILR via the premium one day service.

From what I understand from various posts and in the HO policy documents, i can apply 28 days before the completion of my 5 years qualifying period. So having said that, can I apply on the 28th of September this year ?
https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=
And if that is the case, can I submit my online before that date, but book my appointment on the 28th (or after) ? or does the HO mean that the online application submission has to be on the 28th of Sept (or after) and absolutely not before that date and the appointment date is irrelevant in all this.
You must apply online when you meet the requirement. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the date of your appointment with third party agent, UKCVAS, for biometrics.

Also, please keep all your queries on ONE topic, now merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.