ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET LR (LONG RESIDENCY 10 YEAR ROUTE) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Foxy99
Newly Registered

10 Year LR Query

Post by Foxy99 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi
I am a new member here, please can I have some help. I am of an Indian nationality and entered the UK in Oct 2009... I will complete my 10 lawful years in UK in Oct 2019 this year...
i am currently preparing for my B1 exam in speaking and listening and my life in the UK Test

I am currently on the second half of my 2.5 spouse visa... i got married to a British Citizen in 2015... the 5 years will complete in April 2021...

Is to better to apply sooner and go for the 10 year LR route which will be this Oct 2019 or wait until the spouse visa expires which is April 2021?

If i go ahead with the SET LR form, do i have to pay another set of fees for the IHS as i already paid in Oct 2018 when i had my Spouse Visa renewed

For evidence... do i have to provide proof of cohabitation of my wife for the SET LR form? and does she have to be employed or it does not matter? is there any earnings we have to show?

Also do i have to request information from the Home office to submit with the SET LR form as in basic, detailed or specific file information for my 10 year history here in the UK ?

Can you provide checklist of the items that need to be included with the form ?

zimba
Mood:

Re: 10 Year LR Query

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:01 pm

Long residence route is granted regardless of your relationship with your spouse. You are eligible on your own. ILR has no IHS fees to pay or requirement to be employed. You simply need LIUK pass certificate, English language and passports.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:36 pm

Thank you Zimba

So it is 28 days before i complete my 10 years i can apply?

when applying online for the SET LR, do the home office themselves
look into my 10 year history or do i need to gather all the 10 year documents myself?

When granted the ILR will my IHS fees be refunded?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:51 pm

So it is 28 days before i complete my 10 years i can apply?
Yes, counted from the date you entered the UK.
when applying online for the SET LR, do the home office themselves
look into my 10 year history or do i need to gather all the 10 year documents myself?
What documents exactly are you referring to??? You need to complete the form and submit the limited documents that it asks for.
When granted the ILR will my IHS fees be refunded?
No.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
You will not get a refund if:

your visa application is successful but you do not come to the UK
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example to make a new application
you’re told to leave the UK before your visa expires
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain or changing to another visa where you do not need to pay the IHS
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Thank you for the quick reply...

Can i start filling the SET LR form online now and submit it once they are 28 days left for 10 years to complete?

The documents i am referring to are; I entered the UK on a student visa so will i have to attach anything with the form in regards to education ?
and then my visa was switched from student to spouse visa in 2015 so will i have to provide any documents ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 pm

It is too early to start now. Online application only remains active for 10 weeks. You only qualify to apply sometime in September/October, so wait till nearer the time.
The documents i am referring to are; I entered the UK on a student visa so will i have to attach anything with the form in regards to education ?
and then my visa was switched from student to spouse visa in 2015 so will i have to provide any documents ?
No. HO have your full history. Only submit what is asked for and it is limited documents that need to be submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:33 pm

thank u so much for your help and advice :)
much appreciated

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:46 pm

It is too early to start now. Online application only remains active for 10 weeks. You only qualify to apply sometime in September/October, so wait till nearer the time.

Also is the Super Priority Service For ILR available in Croydon Only or can we apply to a near location ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:58 pm

Foxy99 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:46 pm
Also is the Super Priority Service For ILR available in Croydon Only or can we apply to a near location ?
It is available at various locations.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... 70084.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Cheers for the link

Having browsed online on the Gov.uk site to read further... the only application
i could find was the Application to extend stay in UK (long residence): form FLR(LR)

Is this the correct one or do i need the SET (LR) one, i cannot seem to find it...
and is there a difference between the two ...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:44 pm

It is SET(LR) for ILR, online forms only. There is no paper form, they have been withdrawn. You can view the paper form and guidance note in the archive link below.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... form-setlr
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:04 pm

Foxy99 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:46 pm

Sorry just to reconfirm the online filling form will be active for 10 weeks or 10 days?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:24 pm

10 weeks as I have clearly stated then it is auto deleted from the HO system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Foxy99
Newly Registered

SET LR (LONG RESIDENCY 10 YEAR ROUTE) application

Post by Foxy99 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Hi there, I am applying for Set LR (Long Residency) on the basis of 10 years (2009-2019)
Please can i kindly have some help and guidance!

In order to apply for a SET (LR) what documents need to be included within the application?

has anyone got a template of a cover letter they included? if the 10 years is completed in Oct 2019 is it 28 days before you can apply online and can you save the form as you fill it each time and then visit it accordingly?

and is the 28 days of completion counted for when you first entered the UK or when you was first granted with the visa?

and is it optional whether to scan all the documents online or can you just visit the one day service and take the documents with you and they can scan it all for you ?

When entering the UK I was first on a student visa (2009) and then in 2015 i switched my file to spouse visa with my partner being a British Citizen ... I still hold the 2.5 year BRP spouse visa card but I will next month complete my 10 years and want to go ahead applying for the Long Residency 10 year route...

Is it mandatory to have a SARS report attached with the application or optional ? and how long after applying do you get the report... i sent off my application last month and it has now been 3 weeks but there is no report in the post or reply...

Thank you in advance, all help and guidance will be highly appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET LR (LONG RESIDENCY 10 YEAR ROUTE) application

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Topics merged where some of your questions have already been answered earlier this year. Suggest read the responses again.

A cover letter is not required and neither is a SAR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Many thanks for merging the topics together.
And for stating there is no need for the Sar report or cover letter to be attached...

On the Set Lr form on the question : when does your current leave expire ?
Can i just add on my visa expiry from the BRP card from spouse visa? ...
or the date of completing the 10 years ?
Confused :|

And having travelled out of uk in the 10 years
how much gap is allowed as in how many days all at once
or altogether within the 10 years ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:26 pm

On the Set Lr form on the question : when does your current leave expire ?
Can i just add on my visa expiry from the BRP card from spouse visa? ...
or the date of completing the 10 years ?
Confused :|
Why is it confusing?? The question is asking clearly about your current visa expiry date and not the 'end date of you completing 10 years'.
And having travelled out of uk in the 10 years
how much gap is allowed as in how many days all at once
or altogether within the 10 years ?
No more than 540 days absence in the WHOLE 10 years and no single absence of 180 as this would break your continuity of residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi

thanks for the response, just want to ask, when filling out the SET LR form and you came in the UK to study and on a student visa.... after a few years if you have applications with the HO and you get a rejection in your visa does this have any negative effect on your 10 year application route ?

Secondly what does it mean when said if you have had refusals and rejections check to see if the leave under 3c is broken or not ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:59 pm

thanks for the response, just want to ask, when filling out the SET LR form and you came in the UK to study and on a student visa.... after a few years if you have applications with the HO and you get a rejection in your visa does this have any negative effect on your 10 year application route ?
It really all comes down to the exact timeline of events.
Secondly what does it mean when said if you have had refusals and rejections check to see if the leave under 3c is broken or not ?
Usually apply to UKVI and do a subject access request to see what information they hold.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Usually how long does it take for them to send out the SAR report to you ? and is it postal only ? or can be sent out in email too ?

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:41 am

Please can i have the latest link for the online form for completing 10 years in the UK please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:08 am

Foxy99 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:41 am
Please can i have the latest link for the online form for completing 10 years in the UK please
Unsure why you cannot simply google Set LR in the same way we would have to!!! :idea: :idea:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-setlr
Char (CR001 not Casa)

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:08 am

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:08 am
Foxy99 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:41 am
Unsure why you cannot simply google Set LR in the same way we would have to!!! :idea: :idea:

Cant understand why you have an attitude problem and are being so rude...
:roll: As a moderator is that not suppose to be your job as you have chosen to take up that role?

Foxy99
Newly Registered

Post by Foxy99 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:19 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:08 am

Oops. Out run by CR001.
thank you so much :)