ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 Private Insurance

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chopindobie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp 4 Private Insurance

Post by Chopindobie » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi good day to all
I have a small question regarding private health insurance that me and my EU wife joined in order to apply EU1 application.

Since we applied 2 years ago the Insurance price keep getting expensive every year and year.

And We never been hospital. Even if we need to go to the hospital, The Insurance comany isn't cover that much money compared how much amount we paid every year.

So do I must have to holding the health insurance company as I'm holding my Stamp 4 ?.

Or could I just cancel it since my VISA already granted 5 years ?.

I don't want to make trouble with it if canceling the private health insurance illegal.

seems not really reasonable for us at the moment.

Could anybody holding stamp4 give us a advice

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 4 Private Insurance

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:13 pm

Stamps do not determine whether you need to hold health insurance. For example, if you get Stamp 4 after 2 years of critical skills work permit, you do not need health insurance. In your example, if you get Stamp 4 as a spouse of an EU citizen, the requirement is that you must hold health insurance.

Having said that, if you cancel your health insurance, chances are slim that you will get ever caught. However, if you decide to apply for naturalisation later, that will certainly become a blocker for you. Also, health insurances are for your own benefit, not for anyone else.

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:50 pm

" if you get Stamp 4 as a spouse of an EU citizen, the requirement is that you must hold health insurance".

That depends if your on Stamp 4 or Stamp 4 eufam.

Stamp 4 eufam is as below as per the form EU1

If the EU citizen is self sufficient with adequate funds then health insurance is required.

If the EU citizen is exercising treaty rights by working then no health insurance is required.

Chopindobie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chopindobie » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:26 pm

water_tank1 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:50 pm
" if you get Stamp 4 as a spouse of an EU citizen, the requirement is that you must hold health insurance".

If the EU citizen is self sufficient with adequate funds then health insurance is required.

If the EU citizen is exercising treaty rights by working then no health insurance is required.

Hi I am hold Stamp 4 EUfam yes. when we applied EU1 Her occupation was studying in University not a self sufficient nor job seeker. She is still in her course also working part time at the same time my self full time worker as well.

Sorry I have bit confused on it. So I'm wondering if my spouse is the only one doesn't need private health Insurance because she is under EU treaty rights or both of us as well?.

Chopindobie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chopindobie » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:42 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:13 pm
Stamps do not determine whether you need to hold health insurance. For example, if you get Stamp 4 after 2 years of critical skills work permit, you do not need health insurance. In your example, if you get Stamp 4 as a spouse of an EU citizen, the requirement is that you must hold health insurance.

Having said that, if you cancel your health insurance, chances are slim that you will get ever caught. However, if you decide to apply for naturalisation later, that will certainly become a blocker for you. Also, health insurances are for your own benefit, not for anyone else.

Right. thanks for your answer.
I absolutely aware of the benefit from it and what is health Insurance. however the basic cover of health insurance is not really great consider that as a benefit compared how much we spent on it.

We have other Insurances not only Private on just at the moment can't really found out it's need.

I personally emailed to INIS EU office as well waiting for their answer.

also I have question for the naturalization. and after 5 years of stamp 4. I would like to have some advice from you.
1. I understand I can apply it after 5 years of stamp 4 EUfam with certain reckonable residence days.
so when I be able to apply naturalization do I also have to re-new my stamp4 due to waiting naturalization? because obviously it's take quite a long time to get result.

2. about to end of my stamp 4 could I re-new my stamp 4 another 5 years easily ? or it's much more complicated ? . I have no idea what to do after when it's over. what VISA I can apply or re-new

Thank you so much for your help

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:05 pm

I'm not familiar with the renewal of EU Treaty stamps, but yes while your citizenship application is in progress, you still need to have valid a stamp at all times.

vitalaaaaaaaa
Newly Registered
Georgia

Post by vitalaaaaaaaa » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Chopindobie wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:36 pm
Hi good day to all
I have a small question regarding private health insurance that me and my EU wife joined in order to apply EU1 application.

Since we applied 2 years ago the Insurance price keep getting expensive every year and year.

And We never been hospital. Even if we need to go to the hospital, The Insurance comany isn't cover that much money compared how much amount we paid every year.

So do I must have to holding the health insurance company as I'm holding my Stamp 4 ?.

Or could I just cancel it since my VISA already granted 5 years ?.

I don't want to make trouble with it if canceling the private health insurance illegal.

seems not really reasonable for us at the moment.

Could anybody holding stamp4 give us a advice

Thanks
hello, may i ask you some questions ?
it seems that you have same situation like mine .
my wife is Eu citizen, and i am not.
we gonna apply for stamp 4 eu fam. but we are not sure that do everithing right.
So i am looking for someone who may help me.
if is it possible, may i contact you? please.

Ramsz
Ireland

Post by Ramsz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:29 am

water_tank1 wrote:

Do you need to show large sum of money bank to show self sufficient? or is just health insurance?

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:46 am

A friend had to show 40k euros in bank plus comprehensive insurance cover.
Ramsz wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:29 am
water_tank1 wrote:

Do you need to show large sum of money bank to show self sufficient? or is just health insurance?

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Is you friend eufam...?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:42 pm

40K euro is a requirement for Stamp 0 on self sufficiency. There is no set amount on EU1 applications. There is a study conducted by EU that pointed out that it is ambiguous with the definition of self sufficiency.
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/e ... 964_EN.pdf

Without having a set amount, 40K seems to be the most commonly used figure, unless the applicant can prove that they have lesser amount in savings but have regular income from other sources.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Yes and his EU1 was approved in 7 months time.
White_Pearl wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 pm
Is you friend eufam...?