ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC bank statements for ILR application not showing latest month's salary

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

venerax88
Newly Registered

HSBC bank statements for ILR application not showing latest month's salary

Post by venerax88 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi all,

I will be applying for ILR next week and will be providing 3 months of bank statements as supporting documents.

My latest salary was credited to my bank account on 28 August 2019, however, the latest bank statement sent to me by post only covers transactions from 18 July 2019 to 17 August 2019. I went to an HSBC branch office today and they printed a "temporary statement" on an HSBC letterhead paper, covering from 19 August 2019 to 5 September 2019. They also provided a cover letter which states my account number, name, and account balance. There was no signature or stamp on the "temporary statement".

Please advise if this would still be accepted by the Home Office? Did anyone use a "temporary statement" before and still managed to get ILR approved?

Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: HSBC bank statements for ILR application not showing latest month's salary

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:44 pm

As long as they are on bank original letterhead showing your account details and transactions it must serve the purpose. They won't need any signature/stamp.

Also a lot of banks issues original statements in pdf format which can also be scanned and uploaded through ukvcas without printing.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

venerax88
Newly Registered

Post by venerax88 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:46 am

Thanks for your response!

freeman_123
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by freeman_123 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:38 am

venerax88 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:02 pm
Hi all,

I will be applying for ILR next week and will be providing 3 months of bank statements as supporting documents.

My latest salary was credited to my bank account on 28 August 2019, however, the latest bank statement sent to me by post only covers transactions from 18 July 2019 to 17 August 2019. I went to an HSBC branch office today and they printed a "temporary statement" on an HSBC letterhead paper, covering from 19 August 2019 to 5 September 2019. They also provided a cover letter which states my account number, name, and account balance. There was no signature or stamp on the "temporary statement".

Please advise if this would still be accepted by the Home Office? Did anyone use a "temporary statement" before and still managed to get ILR approved?

Thanks!
I had the same as you, cover letter confirming name, account number, average balance etc.. and a temporary statement all printed on HSBC letterhead. Submitted and my ILR was approved so you have nothing to worry about.

venerax88
Newly Registered

ILR approved

Post by venerax88 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:34 pm

I was granted ILR today!

Thanks to all the advice in this forum, I was able to navigate through the application process successfully and avoid the potential pitfalls. I would like to share my experience for the benefit of future ILR applicants.

Initial Tier 2 (General) visa issue date: 07/10/2014

Online application date: 10/09/2019

Appointment at Croydon core centre: 11/09/2019 (0900)

Email confirmation (ILR approved): 11/09/2019 (1335)

Prior to the appointment, I have uploaded a photocopy (in colour) of the following documents to the UKVCAS portal:

1.) Consent form for Home Office to verify applicant information

2.) Old and current passports (scanned every single page, including blank ones)

3.) Current Biometric residence permit

4.) 3 months salary slips which were printed online and a cover letter to confirm that these are authentic. The payslips and cover letter were signed and stamped by my company's CFO.

5.) 3 months bank statements (the latest statement was printed at a branch office)

6.) Life in the UK test

7.) Letter from employer to cover: all absences from the UK, SOC code, confirmation I am still required for the employment for the foreseeable future, salary is above the appropriate rate, annual salary, and weekly working hours. This letter was signed by an HR employee.

8.) UK degree certificate

Experience at Croydon core centre:

I paid £100 to secure a next day appointment at 0900. I would rather pay it than wait for a free appointment slot and to give myself peace of mind asap.

I arrived at 0810 and was allowed entry at 0820. After security checks, I was directed to a room and waited until 0830 before proceeding to a counter to enrol my biometric details, have my documents checked, and photo taken. Everything was done by 0845, which is ahead of my scheduled time (0900)!

I can't speak highly enough of the staff at Croydon core centre. They were friendly, professional, efficient, and know what they are doing. This is by far the most pleasant experience I had at an immigration centre.

Once I've have reached home, I logged on to https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work, and checked my status regularly. At around 1320, my status changed from something like "You can work in the UK until ddmmyyyy" to "There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK." Then around 1335, I received an email with the message: "I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter in due course which will explain your leave in more detail...".

Overall, I am really pleased with the services provided by Sopra Steria at Croydon!

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:19 am

Hi venerax88

Congrats on your successful ILR journey!

I too have a priority appointment on Tuesday at 9am at Croydon. One question I had is I already spent a considerable amount of time making colour copies of my passport pages (every single page like you, including the blank ones). I'm worried that UKVCAS site says they should be black and white. Even after scanning each page and combining my passport into one big PDF, the file size is 2.8MB, so still well under the 6MB limit. Just didn't want them to give me any trouble :) Did they say anything to you about that?

venerax88
Newly Registered

Post by venerax88 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:57 pm

Hi adisays,

Sorry for the late response. I did not encounter any issue with my passport scanned in colour. There were no questions asked, so there's nothing you need to worry about :)