ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU free movement in a different country that visa was issued

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

devvelina098
Newly Registered

EU free movement in a different country that visa was issued

Post by devvelina098 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:42 am

Good day,

I am looking for an advice.
I am EU married to NON-EU. We recently got an Schengen Visa issued for Netherlands, as I wish to exercise
my right of free movement there. However we are finding it extremely difficult to find any accommodation in Netherlands at the moment. We have considered to try moving in to Germany, where I do have already secured a job.
My question is: is my non-Eu husband ok to apply for family residence permit in Germany even thou Schengen Visa was issued for the Netherlands? Really, on this visa he can travel to all the states, but wanted to confirm it is ok in our case. Any help here will be appreciated.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: EU free movement in a different country that visa was issued

Post by ibwe » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:49 am

devvelina098 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:42 am
Good day,

I am looking for an advice.
I am EU married to NON-EU. We recently got an Schengen Visa issued for Netherlands, as I wish to exercise
my right of free movement there. However we are finding it extremely difficult to find any accommodation in Netherlands at the moment. We have considered to try moving in to Germany, where I do have already secured a job.
My question is: is my non-Eu husband ok to apply for family residence permit in Germany even thou Schengen Visa was issued for the Netherlands? Really, on this visa he can travel to all the states, but wanted to confirm it is ok in our case. Any help here will be appreciated.
Hi,
Your non-EU spouse's family residence is connected with your EU citizenship and completely independent of his Schengen visa. This means if you move to Germany and apply for family residence permit, his Schengen visa's issuing country has no bearing on the issue.
You can have a look at this page where it mention general requirements. For Germany, please try to check into relevant sites but I am sure someone here has already done that and will be able to add info into this.