ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr question for tier 4 dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saj007
Newly Registered

Ilr question for tier 4 dependent

Post by Saj007 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi,

1. I am in a similar situation but I am on Tier 4 Visa and applying for ILR in couple of days time. My wife has Tier 4 dependent visa in line with my visa valid until 17/01/2020.

2. My wife would qualify under 10 years long residence after October 2019.

3. If I am granted ILR in September, will my wife's Tier 4 dependent visa will remain valid until 17/01/2020? so that she can apply for ILR after 1 month of me. or

4. Does my wife need to take any action if I am granted ILR from Tier 4 (for example apply for 3 years extension)?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ilr question for tier 4 dependent

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 am

3. Yes if she meets all the long residence requirements.

4. No, she can't apply for an extension as presumably you are applying for long residence ilr.

Please also do not tag your question onto tier 2 dependent extension topics. The rules are completely different to your tier 4 circumstances. Your post has been split to the ilr sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.