ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: GNIB expiring in the end of October

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:27 am

Hi all
My GNIB is expiring in the end of October. I was hoping to get approval for September Ceremony but now I don’t understand whether I should go and renew it now or wait until Ceremony date will be announced? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 am

http://www.inis.gov.ie/ says they will be sending letters with 4 weeks' notice, and the Dail hasn't even sat yet, so I'd say October is really optimistic.

If I were you, I'd schedule the appointment for just before the GNIB card expires and if in fact the ceremony is before that, you can cancel.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:43 am

fuzzbizz wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 am
http://www.inis.gov.ie/ says they will be sending letters with 4 weeks' notice, and the Dail hasn't even sat yet, so I'd say October is really optimistic.

If I were you, I'd schedule the appointment for just before the GNIB card expires and if in fact the ceremony is before that, you can cancel.
Thanks very much for the reply. I did book an appointment in 1st week of Oct as there is no earlier appointment available but I was worried what if I will submit my previous GNIB card and I receive an approval then what will I do if I didn’t receive new GNIB card. I really don’t want to miss the Ceremony if I get approved.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:13 am

Hmm.. that's a really good point actually. Honestly I have a hard time imagining the ceremony happening before your GNIB card arrives but don't take my word for it! I thought you just didn't want to pay the €300 (I certainly wouldn't!)

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:29 am

fuzzbizz wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:13 am
Hmm.. that's a really good point actually. Honestly I have a hard time imagining the ceremony happening before your GNIB card arrives but don't take my word for it! I thought you just didn't want to pay the €300 (I certainly wouldn't!)
I was told on phone that there are no charges for it.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:13 am

A short temporary extension (up to 3 months) is usually free. You can even try walk-in (if you have a valid genuine reason). The counter staff are normally quite generous about giving tickets away. I did it two years ago. My fiancée did it once last year and once this year. All without appointments. Just explain the situation to them, and if you are nice enough they will give you a ticket right away.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:13 am
A short temporary extension (up to 3 months) is usually free. You can even try walk-in (if you have a valid genuine reason). The counter staff are normally quite generous about giving tickets away. I did it two years ago. My fiancée did it once last year and once this year. All without appointments. Just explain the situation to them, and if you are nice enough they will give you a ticket right away.
Thanks littler. I was wondering the temporary extension will be in written form or card? And will it be acceptable by INIS as on approval they ask for validate GNIB card?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:16 pm

It’s a new stamp and a new card. The stamp number is the same as your current stamp number. You just bring all the necessary documents as if you are renewing your stamp.
For naturalisation purposes, INIS just need to make sure that you still have a valid residency permit on the day of naturalisation ceremony. They don’t care about anything else.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:49 pm

[quote=littlerr post_id=1825264 time=1568319372 user_id=199420]
It’s a new stamp and a new card. The stamp number is the same as your current stamp number. You just bring all the necessary documents as if you are renewing your stamp.
For naturalisation purposes, INIS just need to make sure that you still have a valid residency permit on the day of naturalisation ceremony. They don’t care
Now I got it. Thanks for the help :)

juzmoraes
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by juzmoraes » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:38 am

Hi,

I am more or less in the same situation.

If you want to try to book an appointment earlier they release every day between 2:00 pm and 02:30 pm new appointments date. Yesterday they released to the 14th and 15th of September. But, in 15 min it was finished. So, you need to be sharp.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:47 am

juzmoraes wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:38 am
Hi,

I am more or less in the same situation.

If you want to try to book an appointment earlier they release every day between 2:00 pm and 02:30 pm new appointments date. Yesterday they released to the 14th and 15th of September. But, in 15 min it was finished. So, you need to be sharp.
Hi
I live outside of Dublin so I have to make an appointment on phone. I was told that date is the earliest date they can give me. Thanks