ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship and Indian Visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kUMARI16

British Citizenship and Indian Visa

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:39 am

Hi,

I have a query about my visa situation.

At present I am holding Indian Passport where my British Citizenship application was approved last month and I have my Ceremony scheduled by council for 18th September 2019.

I have to visit India on 17th October 2019 and I cannot skip it however I think I can get British Passport if I apply immediately after my ceremony on 18th September but I don't think I can complete and receive Indian OCI status procedure before 17th October. So can someone please suggest me is there any better options on my situation to visit India after I get my British Passport.

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: British Citizenship and Indian Visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 am

Hello

As long as you didn't attend the citizenship ceremony, you are not British yet.

So you can postpone and ceremony and go to India then do the ceremony when you are back.

However, the ceremony has in any case to be done within 3 months. So if you intend to stay for a long while in India, this is not an option for you then.

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:08 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 am
Hello

As long as you didn't attend the citizenship ceremony, you are not British yet.

So you can postpone and ceremony and go to India then do the ceremony when you are back.

However, the ceremony has in any case to be done within 3 months. So if you intend to stay for a long while in India, this is not an option for you then.
Hi Zerubbabel,

Thank you for your speedy response but I don't want to postpone it. I can attend Ceremony and I am sure I can get British Passport also but only doubt is about the OCI to visit India where I am seeing is there any other options like temporary Visa to Visit India

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:35 pm

Why don't you seek help from the Indian consulate ??!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:35 pm
Hi Zimba,

Definitely I will take suggestion but before I go to them I thought of asking in forum and forum answered my questions in past. Thanks

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:34 pm

kUMARI16 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:12 pm
Zimba wrote:
Hi Zimba,

Definitely I will take suggestion but before I go to them I thought of asking in forum and forum answered my questions in past. Thanks
All,

I think I find my answer, we can go with E-Visa which we can get with in 4 working days so that solves my problem. Thanks for your inputs

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:50 am

kUMARI16 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:34 pm
kUMARI16 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:12 pm
Zimba wrote:
Hi Zimba,

All,

I think I find my answer, we can go with E-Visa which we can get with in 4 working days so that solves my problem. Thanks for your inputs
Yes, you can go for e-Visa but bear in mind after you attend your ceremony you will need to apply for British passport and surrender Indian passport and then apply for e-Visa. While e-visa will only take 4 days but British passport could take upto 4-6 weeks. though every application is different. Best would be to delay your ceremony and attend on your return..