ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dismissal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Pakistan

Curtailment letter

Post by 1724367 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

Being a Tier 2 General application, I want to ask that I quit job from my employer on 12 August 2019. Unfortunately the address my employer had was wrong. and they informed home office about me leaving the job within 10 days of me leaving them. However, I was expecting the curtailment letter, but I have not received it. Just today it clicked on my mind that it might have gone to the wrong address.

So can anyone please advise me on what to do? How do i confirm that the curtailment letter was sent out or not? My 60 days will start even if the letter is sent out to wrong address?

Do I need to write to Home Office and ask them for curtailment letter or what?
I am currently applying for jobs in other companies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Curtailment letter

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:36 pm

It is YOUR responsibility to update HO when your address changes as a PBS visa holder.

Curtailment letters are not sent out immediately, it can take a few weeks or a couple of months. You should update HO on the prescribed form of your new address as soon as possible.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by 1724367 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Thanks for responding back to me on this. Really appreciated.

Can you please provide me the link of the form you mentioned?

Also, how would I ensure that the curtailment letter has not already been sent to the wrong address? Is it by asking them a letter or something?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Can you please provide me the link of the form you mentioned?
https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp
Also, how would I ensure that the curtailment letter has not already been sent to the wrong address? Is it by asking them a letter or something?
As I said, curtailment letters are not sent out instantly when HO is notified of your last date of employment. It takes a while to go through the process.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... tv16.0.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 2 Dismissal

Post by 1724367 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi Team,

Hope you are well.

Can anyone guide me following:

I was on Tier 2 Sponsorship by one of the employers but unfortunately I was dismissed last month by my employer and I had been seeking jobs which I have eventually been successful to get last week. I have not received curtailment letter yet from the Home Office.

My new sponsor is willing to apply visa for me and refund me the cost of it. However, my only question is do I need to apply visa for my wife and my son also? The BRP we had from the prior employer is valid for 2 more years when we are due to apply for ILR.

I would appreciate if someone can respond to my query.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dismissal

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:24 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by 1724367 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi I went through this but doesn't clarify me in my specific circumstances of dismissal and when I have not received a curtailment letter from Home office. Can you please suggest specific to me? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:31 pm

1724367 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:27 pm
Hi I went through this but doesn't clarify me in my specific circumstances of dismissal and when I have not received a curtailment letter from Home office. Can you please suggest specific to me? Thanks
The link is quite clear. If you apply for a new sponsor then your dependents do NOT have to apply if they have sufficient visa left.

Your dismal is irrelevant as is the fact your visa has NOT yet been curtailed!!

You were already advised more than once above, that curtailment letters can take a few months to get sent out, providing HO has the correct address for you (which you were required to update with HO directly on the prescribed form).
Char (CR001 not Casa)