ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching jobs on tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rabalondon
Newly Registered
India

Switching jobs on tier 2 general

Post by rabalondon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:39 am

Hi,

I am working on tier 2 general since last three years. My visa is for 4 years and 10 months. It started in June 2016 to Apr 2021.

I am now switching jobs; would be new employer be able to provide me with unrestricted CoS for three years?
(considering i would cross the 6 years length in UK if he does so).

Are there options for him to provide for two years? For some reason i thought it can only be provided for one year or three years or five years. If he cant provide for three years and provides only for one year, it obviously puts me in a dangerous spot as there is uncertainty after the first year in new job.

Also, can i have gap between the jobs? What if my current job ends on 30th September and i join the new employer on 1 Nov? How will it impact by application of ILR in the future? (Also, is it advisable to travel between those dates?)

Appreciate all your help in advance!!! :) :) :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching jobs on tier 2 general

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:47 am

I am now switching jobs; would be new employer be able to provide me with unrestricted CoS for three years?
(considering i would cross the 6 years length in UK if he does so).
Yes and you will only be granted a visa up to June 2022.
Are there options for him to provide for two years? For some reason i thought it can only be provided for one year or three years or five years. If he cant provide for three years and provides only for one year, it obviously puts me in a dangerous spot as there is uncertainty after the first year in new job.
Yes, your sponsor can issue a CoS for 1 year or 2 years or 3 years etc.
Also, can i have gap between the jobs? What if my current job ends on 30th September and i join the new employer on 1 Nov? How will it impact by application of ILR in the future? (Also, is it advisable to travel between those dates?)
No impact. There is no gap not allowed rule. Not advisable to travel until you have your new visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rabalondon
Newly Registered
India

Post by rabalondon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Thank you so much for your swift response!

Very frankly speaking, I am in a situation where my current job might end by Septemberish and I am contemplating if I should stay back in UK and find another job.

I feel like I am close to closing down two opportunities but might not necessarily happen by end of September.

What would be your advise on this? How long should I stay back to find the jobs?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:11 am

It is entitled up to you how long you wait and it depends on how long HO takes to send you a curtailment letter.

Note that if you leave the UK before finding a new sponsor and applying for a visa, your current visa could be cancelled as ho will know you left and then you would be subject to the 12 months cooling off period before you can return on a tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.