ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement or is CoS note enough?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bganuk

Bank statement or is CoS note enough?

Post by bganuk » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me.

The guidance for Tier 2 says regarding Points awarded for maintenance:
"Personal bank or building society statements covering a consecutive 90 day period: The most recent statement must be dated no earlier than 31 days before the date of the application."

My sponsor is A-rated, I don't know why, but my CoS was ticked as "N" for maintenance help. Now my sponsor has agreed to offer this, but the change in the SMS is no longer available .

I have my bank statement, which was issued August 22 covering a period of (May, June, July, and August till 22nd, but the last transaction showing on this was August 16).

My point here is that I have four sheets of statement, covering a period from 01/05/2019 to 22/08/2019 one for each month and there is no information in days which I didn't make transactions. Let say, in June for example there only one transaction that was only the income of that period, a few cents. I don't use this account on a day to day basis and kept it for UK visa purposes only.

I'm not sure if the HO will accept it.

My second point is:
Would it be possible for my sponsor to add a note to the SMS stating that the company will cover this amount if necessary?

Thanks

bganuk

Re: Bank statement or is CoS note enough?

Post by bganuk » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:54 am

Nobody knows?

ould a COS note suffice?

In addition my bank account manager could send me a letter expaining that I held this money for 90 days, but my account is from a different country than I currently live, it would take days to physically get this letter here.

Should this letter be delivered in original to the HO or could it be a copy?

Thanks

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:32 am

Hi,

Bank Statement is only copy that has to be uploaded into system. You dont get details for all days in any bank statement. Only the monthly balance matters.
For the latest date just get a balance statement from bank mailed to you. You can print it.

Alternatively if the sponsor is ready to certify maintenance, get it changed in the cos. I think they could change this and issue one which certifies maintenance and add notes in CoS. The CoS number remains same, its only change in maintenance certified ticked as Y

bganuk

Post by bganuk » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:47 am

SKJ1984 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:32 am
Hi,

Bank Statement is only copy that has to be uploaded into system. You dont get details for all days in any bank statement. Only the monthly balance matters.
For the latest date just get a balance statement from bank mailed to you. You can print it.

Alternatively if the sponsor is ready to certify maintenance, get it changed in the cos. I think they could change this and issue one which certifies maintenance and add notes in CoS. The CoS number remains same, its only change in maintenance certified ticked as Y
I asked her to add a note before assign the COS to me, but she said notes was not available :!:
So I won't need the original ones and a copy would work well, right?
I may even have this signed by my account manager, but only in digital version, as I said, she is in a totally different country and it will take a life to get here (the post office in my home country is on strike :( ).

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:32 am

She should still be able to add notes as far as I know, I had my employer add a note to correct my hours because he made a mistake (after assigning the CoS to me). There is a guidance available for sponsors which shows how to make any changes.

bganuk

Post by bganuk » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:09 pm

ShrutiBlue wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:32 am
She should still be able to add notes as far as I know, I had my employer add a note to correct my hours because he made a mistake (after assigning the CoS to me). There is a guidance available for sponsors which shows how to make any changes.
I know, she should be...... I don't know if she knows well how to handle the system as she issued a UCoS to me last month... So, I'm struggluing with this.

One more question, usually the monthly statements are closed a few days after the last day of the month, in my case mine was closed on 10/09. Would it be a problem for me to present the June, July and August statements (covering 90 days from June 1 to 31 August), but with today's issue date (13/09/2019)? The HO rules says of 90 consecutive days and that the date of the statements cannot be longer than 31 days, but it is unclear whether this 90 days must be exactly prior to the date of issue.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:17 am

They want 90 days of transactions or closing balance to be shown, for which the last one should be within 31 days of your application.

September issue date for an August or June statement doesn’t matter, just that the date of your last transaction in the August statement is within 31 days of your date of application.

If you are applying a bit later but your September statement won’t be generated by your application date, you always have the option of going to your bank and printing out those transactions missed by the last statement using their self-service machine and getting those stamped by the bank.

bganuk

Post by bganuk » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:24 am

ShrutiBlue wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:17 am
They want 90 days of transactions or closing balance to be shown, for which the last one should be within 31 days of your application.

September issue date for an August or June statement doesn’t matter, just that the date of your last transaction in the August statement is within 31 days of your date of application.

If you are applying a bit later but your September statement won’t be generated by your application date, you always have the option of going to your bank and printing out those transactions missed by the last statement using their self-service machine and getting those stamped by the bank.
Thank you so much