ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion with application form regarding date of UK entry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ac30
Newly Registered

ILR application: date visa issued or date of entry to the UK?

Post by ac30 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:52 pm

I am applying for settlement in the UK. My entry clearance was issued 01/11/14 (I assume this is the "valid from" part of the visa?) but I entered the UK 14/11/14.

Can I apply for the ILR on 4/10/19 or should it be 17/10/19?

Thanks!

Casa

Re: ILR application: date visa issued or date of entry to the UK?

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:22 pm

ac30 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:52 pm
I am applying for settlement in the UK. My entry clearance was issued 01/11/14 (I assume this is the "valid from" part of the visa?) but I entered the UK 14/11/14.

Can I apply for the ILR on 4/10/19 or should it be 17/10/19?

Thanks!
Your post has been moved from the Brexit referendum sub-forum as this has no relevance to ILR applications. :idea:

Unless you confirm under which category of visa you currently hold, no one can advise on the qualifying date for ILR. The PBS and family settlement routes have different rules.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ac30
Newly Registered

Post by ac30 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:51 am

Apologies! Didn’t notice was posted in wrong forum.

I work under tier 2 general visa and my 5th year this 2019..

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:06 am

ac30 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:51 am
Apologies! Didn’t notice was posted in wrong forum.

I work under tier 2 general visa and my 5th year this 2019..
From date of visa issue
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ac30
Newly Registered

Confusion with application form regarding date of UK entry

Post by ac30 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:05 pm

I am currently under Tier 2 general visa and am applying for ILR next month, but I've counted the 28 days prior to application from the entry clearance issued (1/11/14) instead of the date I entered the UK (14/11/19). I really need to apply sooner if possible.

My problem is when I was doing the online application I came about this question:

"When did you first enter the UK?
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application started."

Technically I should enter 14/11, but there's no part where I can clarify that my visa issue date is earlier. Will this put me at risk of having my application rejected?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confusion with application form regarding date of UK entry

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Simply state the date you physically entered the UK.

You do realise that HO does actually know the rules about date of issue for qualifying and the date of entry for the question in the form :idea: :idea:

You are overthinking.

Can you also please keep ALL your questions in ONE topic. Topics merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.