ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Need HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by Need HSMP » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Manjo wrote:It's quite possible that what you have been told is true. because i called HO last week, and the guy told me that they were already processing applications received on the 29th may and that since I sent mine on the 30th may, i should receive my documents back soon. and i got them today.

hsmp28122006 wrote:Even I called them today, and the person I spoke told me they are processing application for the date 3rd June. Everyone from customer care gives a different answer.
I have also called up HO today. And they said that they are now processing applications as of 3rd June for WP to Tier1 applicants from UK. This matches with most of the comments made in this forum today. So it seems to be true.

I have also asked the HO person referring him to the following link :
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

He says that the timelines mentioned here are purely for Workpermits and not for Tier 1s. Hence the comments made by some of us yesterday on the timelines are not correct.

My details are :
Application : WP to Tier 1 (From UK)
Applied on : 16th June
Application received and reference no allocated on : 17th June

desi_boy
Newly Registered

Need Help

Post by desi_boy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:47 pm

Hello.....i had applied for PBS Tier(1) from student on 30th May 2008 and i have received my documents back today (15-07-2008) but unfortunaly i am not lucky as others..my application is refused due to lack of points.

My refusal letter says:

In view of the fact that you have claimed 45 points under the previous earnings section but on the basis of the documents you have provided you qualify for 0 points in this section.secretary of state is not satisfied that you have achieved a minimum of 75 points under Appendix A of the immigation rules 245C paragrah 245C(c).

Previous Earnings:

---you stated an income of £49767 .

---The two pieces of evidence you have supplied do not corroborate each other because the tax returns provided do not cover the specific period you have claimed for.

---Furthermore the salary certificte you have provided is from the same source as the payslips.

---In the Line with the published guidance, no points have been awarded.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Now i need a help like wht i have missed in my application for previous earning section.

IronMan
Newly Registered

Post by IronMan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 pm

hey desi_boy,

Your case is a straight forward.

Your previous earnings need to show 47XXX GBP from two different sources.
Now, you have provided a salary certificate and a tax document, which IMO, are from the same source ( which is probably the Tax Dept ).

Moreover, one of the evidence you have provided does not coincide with the period during which you have claimed the points.

So, to make your application worthy, you need to:
1. Provide two separate sources of proof.
perhaps, the bank statements and the salary slip from company or, I am guessing the salary certificates should be fine.
2. Make sure the period during which you claim points can be COMPLETELY verified using these different sources....

Hope this helps.
All the best.

IronMan.

geriatrix

Re: Need Help

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:25 am

desi_boy wrote:Now i need a help like wht i have missed in my application for previous earning section.
The only mistake (albeit a huge one) you made is that you didn't spend time to understand the rules of the game.

Here's what the guidance has to say regarding usability of tax documents (P60/ITR/Saral) for Tier 1 purposes.
Tier 1 policy guidance ver 06/08 wrote:Please note that because tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period they will not necessarily show the entire period for which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they are for the exact period claimed. An applicant should therefore be cautious about using these documents unless he/she is sure they show the exact amount of earnings for which he/she is claiming points.
Salary certificate and payslips are from the same source, so while one of them was necessary the other was completely useless.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:32 am

IronMan wrote:Now, you have provided a salary certificate and a tax document, which IMO, are from the same source ( which is probably the Tax Dept ).
Salary certificate is from the employer and tax document is from the tax department - so from different sources.

You can use P60 and payslips - together - as 2 independent evidences, if claiming points for earnings in UK. P60, though issued by the employer, is considered a "valid tax document" accpetable for Tier 1 purposes. It is a misconception that P60 cannot be used as evidence along with salary certificate / payslips. Tier 1 approval cases with P60 and salary slips can be viewed here and here.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

usm_buzz
Newly Registered

urgent request

Post by usm_buzz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:00 am

Hi,

I had applied from UK for Tier 1 (I already have a work permit but wanted to switch to Tier 1).I urgently require my passport. What should I fax/ post to Home Office? I would be extremely grateful if someone could guide me on what docs/letter etc are needed for urgent request.

Bossrules
Newly Registered

Reference dated 03rd July 2008

Post by Bossrules » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:44 am

Hi Guys,
I am a new joinee to this forum.
Good afternoon to all. Congrats for those who received their Tier 1 stampings.
I have applied for the Tier 1 from WP. The reference letter is dated for 3rd July 2008.

I know that there needs to be a long wait for the same. But still wanna be a part of this good forum.

I would request all the applicants those who have made their applications starting from June to July, 2008 with their details.

If anyone have a format for the Urgent treatment letter, please post it here.
Does this urgent treatment letter really matters?

Thanks in Advance!

tssivakumar
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Approved!!!

Post by tssivakumar » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:07 pm

Hello All,

I have been a silent member of this group. I have got my visa stamped for three years just now. This forum had been very helpful for my application process. I thank everyone for their valuable posts.

Here are the details:

Applied on : 28-05-2008 (Sent by royalmail spl delivery next day)
Reference dtd: 29-05-2008
Approved on: 04-07-2008 (Sent an urgent treatment request on 02/07/2008, stating the urgency of my documents to apply for my wife's National Insurance Number)
Received on: 16-07-2008 (royalmail recorded delivery)

Docs attached
1. Qualifications - Degree Certificate & Marksheets
2. Prev Earnings - Payslips-11 months (one payslip missing), P-60(exactly matching last payslip total), Letter from Employer stating all the 12 months salaries, Bank Statements-12 mons, letter from employer stating that names in the payslip was referring to me only - becoz wrong name wa written on the payslip, p45 summary
3. UK Experience -No specific docs
4. Age - Passport
5. English Language - Letter from the University stating Medium of instruction - though this is not necessary
6. Maintenance funds - Savings account statement for 5 months

Also attached a copy of the points calculator output from BIA website.

Cheers,

Sivakumar

chris67
Newly Registered

HO Email address

Post by chris67 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Will somebody be kind enough to let me know what the HO email address is? I have noticed a few posts that mention correspondence with the HO via email. Also anyone has an idea of what is construed as a valid reason for an urgent treatnment reason. many has sent in urgent treatment faxes but can anyone let me know what they put down for the HO to consider it as urgent.
Your help will be most welcome.
Rgds
Chris

laskk

Re: Tier 1 General Approved!!!

Post by laskk » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:33 pm

Congrats T.Kumar,

Just wondering when was urs visa stamp.

do reply .

Kind regards,
laskk
tssivakumar wrote:Hello All,

I have been a silent member of this group. I have got my visa stamped for three years just now. This forum had been very helpful for my application process. I thank everyone for their valuable posts.

Here are the details:

Approved on: 04-07-2008 (Sent an urgent treatment request on 02/07/2008, stating the urgency of my documents to apply for my wife's National Insurance Number)

Docs attached
2. Prev Earnings - Payslips-11 months (one payslip missing), P-60(exactly matching last payslip total), Letter from Employer stating all the 12 months salaries, Bank Statements-12 mons, letter from employer stating that names in the payslip was referring to me only - becoz wrong name wa written on the payslip, p45 summary
4. Age - Passport
5. English Language - Letter from the University stating Medium of instruction - though this is not necessary

Cheers,

Sivakumar

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi,
Even I was wondering, if somebody can post here what is the email address of HO to contact for Tier 1 applications. Some people in this forum have mentioned that they contacted to their case worker. Thanks very much.

amber212
Newly Registered

Post by amber212 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:58 pm

hi guys!!! i have applied for Tier 1 general in MAY from student to tier 1 general.

To prove that i am a full time student i have supplied college letter stating that im studying full time.....Now the problem is i didnt not appear in final exams held in june08.

the caseworker has called my college and college has confirmed that i have been a regular student of the college but i have not attended the final exam......

what do u think will i get a refusal on this basis that i did not appear in my final exam...

rajivferroin

Re: HO Email address

Post by rajivferroin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:58 pm

wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

i have written mails on this id and they have responded as well.

Urgent treatment reason: Proof of travel booked before ur visa application, somebody seriously ill and you need to visit them.

hope this helpds

regards
chris67 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Will somebody be kind enough to let me know what the HO email address is? I have noticed a few posts that mention correspondence with the HO via email. Also anyone has an idea of what is construed as a valid reason for an urgent treatnment reason. many has sent in urgent treatment faxes but can anyone let me know what they put down for the HO to consider it as urgent.
Your help will be most welcome.
Rgds
Chris

rajivferroin

Re: urgent request

Post by rajivferroin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:00 pm

call homeoffice immediately on 0114 207 4074

regards
usm_buzz wrote:Hi,

I had applied from UK for Tier 1 (I already have a work permit but wanted to switch to Tier 1).I urgently require my passport. What should I fax/ post to Home Office? I would be extremely grateful if someone could guide me on what docs/letter etc are needed for urgent request.

khanlala
Newly Registered

Post by khanlala » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:38 am

hi amber ho has nothing to do wiv ur exams and result all they hve to confirm is tht u r full time student and i m sure u r not claiming points for this course which u r doing now so they have to consider ur degree for which u r claiming points bt they confirm ur status as full time student as they did in my case as well
hope this will help

tssivakumar
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 General Approved!!!

Post by tssivakumar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:22 am

My visa was stamped on 14th, July, 2008.
laskk wrote:Congrats T.Kumar,

Just wondering when was urs visa stamp.

do reply .

Kind regards,
laskk
tssivakumar wrote:Hello All,

Here are the details:

Docs attached
4. Age - Passport

Cheers,

Sivakumar

gautam_309

Tier 1 Approved

Post by gautam_309 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:36 am

Hello All,

I have a got news to share with all the member of this forum, i have received my Tier 1 visa yesterday follwoing are the details of my application

WP to Tier1
Post received by HO: 09/06
Ref letter dated: 09/06
Money deducted: 11/06
Urgent treatment requested: 10/07
Passport received: 16/07
Point Claimed: 80
Point awarded: 85

Document submitted:
Passport (original)
WP documents and extension document (original)
Degree Certificate(original)
Mark sheets (original)
UK Bank Statement (12 months, original)
Indian Bank Statement (12 months, original)
UK allowance slip & Indian Pay slip (12 months Xerox and signed and stamped by employer)
English req - My University was in assesment tool so i have not send any document
Maintenance fund - Bank statement as provided above

Also my WP expired on 02/07 and i have been given visa from 02/07 onward.

I would like to say a big thanks to all the people on this forum who has guided me and provided valuable suggestion. Please let me know if anyone need any inputs from my side ....and BOL for all who are waiting for your passport !!!

bsbs

Re: Tier 1 Approved

Post by bsbs » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:08 am

gautam_309 wrote:Hello All,

I have a got news to share with all the member of this forum, i have received my Tier 1 visa yesterday follwoing are the details of my application

WP to Tier1

Document submitted:
Passport (original)
Mark sheets (original)
UK allowance slip & Indian Pay slip (12 months Xerox and signed and stamped by employer)
English req - My University was in assesment tool so i have not send any document

I would like to say a big thanks to all the people on this forum who has guided me and provided valuable suggestion. Please let me know if anyone need any inputs from my side ....and BOL for all who are waiting for your passport !!!
Congrats

rajivferroin

Tier1 Approved

Post by rajivferroin » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:57 am

Hi Friends,

Today i have got my Tier1 visa approved.

Category was : HSMP to Tier1

Applied on : 29 May 2008
Document and passport received on : 17 July 2008
Approval letter dated: 14 July 2008

Stamping self : Tier1 (General) Migrant
Stamping wife: Tier1 (General) Partner
Stamping child: Tier1 (Dependent) Child

Thanks to this forum for all the help.

Regards
rajivferroin

chinkal
Newly Registered

Post by chinkal » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi All,
I just called HO to check the status of my application and they are still processing application made on 03/06/08. So i have to wait as i mad my application on 10/06/08. :(

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:29 pm

WP to Tier1

Document submitted:
Passport (original)
Mark sheets (original)

Hi gautam,
Congrats for your Visa and all the best for your future :-)....

It would great if you can give us few more details about your details

1) Did you ask for any urgent treatment. When we called HO they said they are currently processing applications as of 3rd June only.

2) I understand you work for Indian company in UK. Does your UK payslip has any Tax compenant in that. I dont have them in my payslip, it only shows my Allowance part as earnings and nothing in the deduction part. So i'm bit worried about that.

3) You said they awarded 85 points, but you claimed only 80 points. I'm bit curious to know where that extra 5 points came from...

Cheers
Arun
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

amber212
Newly Registered

Post by amber212 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:03 pm

yes khanlala. The college has confirmed that i was a full time student. But the caseworker has asked the question to the college weather i have appeared in the final uni exams or not...college said she didnt sit in exams but she was a full time student here...im claming points on some other degree...I hope you r right and they dont refuse...im tensed coz my visa is expiring on 31 on this month.....thanks for your reply...

khanlala wrote:hi amber ho has nothing to do wiv ur exams and result all they hve to confirm is tht u r full time student and i m sure u r not claiming points for this course which u r doing now so they have to consider ur degree for which u r claiming points bt they confirm ur status as full time student as they did in my case as well
hope this will help

amber212
Newly Registered

Post by amber212 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:05 pm

Khanlala...wat do u think....college emailed my caseworker and told him that i didnot appear in final exams but i was fulltime student....college admin says it might not be a problem but nothing can be predicted...lets see

amber212 wrote:yes khanlala. The college has confirmed that i was a full time student. But the caseworker has asked the question to the college weather i have appeared in the final uni exams or not...college said she didnt sit in exams but she was a full time student here...im claming points on some other degree...I hope you r right and they dont refuse...im tensed coz my visa is expiring on 31 on this month.....thanks for your reply...

khanlala wrote:hi amber ho has nothing to do wiv ur exams and result all they hve to confirm is tht u r full time student and i m sure u r not claiming points for this course which u r doing now so they have to consider ur degree for which u r claiming points bt they confirm ur status as full time student as they did in my case as well
hope this will help

gautam_309

Post by gautam_309 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:09 pm

arunkumarprs wrote:

WP to Tier1

Document submitted:
Passport (original)
Mark sheets (original)

Hi gautam,
Congrats for your Visa and all the best for your future :-)....

1) Did you ask for any urgent treatment. When we called HO they said they are currently processing applications as of 3rd June only.

2) I understand you work for Indian company in UK. Does your UK payslip has any Tax compenant in that. I dont have them in my payslip, it only shows my Allowance part as earnings and nothing in the deduction part. So i'm bit worried about that.

3) You said they awarded 85 points, but you claimed only 80 points. I'm bit curious to know where that extra 5 points came from...

Cheers
Arun
--------------------------

Arun please find my reply in blue

Hi gautam,
Congrats for your Visa and all the best for your future....

Yes Arun I did asked for urgent treatment, when I called HO 1st time a lady picked up the phone and I have explained her my situation and asked her if I can send her document for Urgent treatment and she said go ahead and send us fax , following are the fax numbers:
0114 207 5862 (I have send my document on this number)
0114 207 5864

Format of application was as follow:

08 July, 2008

UK Border Agency
Tier 1
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ

Subject: Request for Urgent Treatment of Tier 1 application for reference number: PBXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

XXXXXX, could I please request you to consider my application on Urgent basis

Details of my Tier 1 application are as follow

Reference number: XXX
Applicant Name: XXX
DOB: XXX

Also I am attaching letter from XXX and Letter from XXX for your reference.

If you require any further information please contact me on XXX@XXX.com or on XXXX

Thanks and Regards
XXX

Yes I am working for an Indian IT company in UK and my case was exactly same like yours where in my UK allowance slip was only showing the amount paid to me without any tax component, but I think as long as you are able to show that your net or gross monthly income on UK payslip is exactly same as that deposited in ur bank account I don’t think that there will be any problem.

Reason being I submitted my Tier 1 application on 09/06 and I have submitted Indian salary payslips & UK Allowance slip for a period of 31/03/07 – 31/03/08

So when I visited currency conversion site as mentioned in Tier 1 application and used INR to Pound conversion factor as on 03/6/08 which resulted me 25 points under earning category however home office has taken conversion factor as on 31/03/08 which has given me 30 points under earning. That’s is the reason of 5 point difference between what I claimed and what HO has awarded me

Hope it will help

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:59 pm

gautam_309 wrote:
Arun please find my reply in blue......
Thanks a lot Gautam for your reply.... I don’t need the urgent request form as of now as I don’t have any need for it...(hopefully), but it will be really useful for the ppl who want to apply for UR....

I'm feeling better confident now after seeing your reply for UK Salary slip part...

I'm hoping for the best...lets see....

Cheers
Arun
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*