ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence from UK while on ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RaghuKarnati
India

Absence from UK while on ILR

Post by RaghuKarnati » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:15 am

Hi All,
My wife is currently on ILR since December 2018. She is now on Maternity leave and left to India on 29th August 2019 (which is last month). She is planning to return to UK in April 2020 if her absence from UK doesn't effect her naturalization application. My question is about her naturalization eligibility with respect to her absences from UK.
will she be alright to come back from India in April 2020 and apply for naturalization?

Or should she come back in December 2019, submit her naturalization application and then can she leave to India and come back in April 2020?

Please let me know your views on this.

My Wife's immigration history:
  • December 2013 to December December 2018 on Tier 2 Dependent Visa
    Since December 2018 on ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Absence from UK while on ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:27 am

Absence in the 12 months immediately before applying for citizenship is 90 days absence and no more than 270 days in the 3 years immediately before applying for citizenship as she is the spouse of a British citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RaghuKarnati
India

Post by RaghuKarnati » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:57 am

Thanks for the prompt reply CR001.
If my wife come back from India in Nov 2019 then stay until Dec 2019, submit Naturalization application and then leave to India, does the absence after making the application count?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:31 am

Not does not.

But remember that Ho could and often do request original passports or other documents after the application is submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.