ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds while switching bank accounts

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ShrutiBlue
India

Maintenance funds while switching bank accounts

Post by ShrutiBlue » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:20 am

Hi guys

My husband, who is due for a Tier 2 dependent extension in December, has been maintaining £630 in his account. However, he now wants to switch from Barclays to NatWest to avail their switching reward and cashback schemes. If he transfers this £630 over, can we show statements from the previous account and then transfer into the new account with consecutive statements from the new account or is this likely to be troublesome?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

ShrutiBlue
India

Re: Maintenance funds while switching bank accounts

Post by ShrutiBlue » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:33 am

Does anyone have any idea about this please?

ALifeWorthLiving
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ALifeWorthLiving » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:55 pm

Bump - I'm in a similar position. Money in a bank account in China (where I was working) and money in the UK. I want to transfer the money to the UK. I'm worried it will force me to reset the 6 month period for my GF to move back with me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:20 pm

ALifeWorthLiving wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:55 pm
Bump - I'm in a similar position. Money in a bank account in China (where I was working) and money in the UK. I want to transfer the money to the UK. I'm worried it will force me to reset the 6 month period for my GF to move back with me.
Please do not tag onto thread that are irrelevant to your visa category. Stick to your own existing thread please.

This topic is a tier 2 general work permit visa topic which has completely different visa rules and requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.